Jigsaw9

DIR EN GREY new album and DVD release

DIR EN GREY will release their new album sometime in November, according to their official site. No further information known.

Also, their new DVD & Blu-ray "DUM SPIRO SPERO AT NIPPON BUDOKAN" will be released in July.

By the way they will do a tour called "TOUR14 PSYCHONNECT -mode of "GAUZE"?-" in August. Innnteresting~

Awesome for the new album ^^

nice tour name ^^

That's can be fun to have a "re-recorded" version of Gauze, btw I will start to save money for being able to order the limited version of this future album !

It's not often I say these words I am gonna say now on this part of the forum, but I am really looking forward to this album. Judging by the bands' last three singles they seem to have stumbled into a weird pattern in "recent" years:

Withering to Death. = great 8/10

The Marrow of a Bone = awful 1/10

Uroboros = amazing! 9/10

Dum Spiro Spero = bad 4/10

But I really, really like Rinkaku, The Unraveling and Sustain the Untruth (in that order, and I am only talking about the original songs, not the shitty remakes and live recordings and whatfuckingnot), and that makes me really excited for this album. I've got some serious expecations.

I'm only excited for the new album and the new tour.

But...ANOTHER Live BD/DVD? Seriously DIR EN GREY, stop! It's getting ridiculous now.

Regarding the new tour that will revive the GAUZE era, it would be interesting to see what they're up to, re-arranging all songs from GAUZE with their current sound? Cool if it stays as a live performance, but I don't want these songs to be included on the new album. And I really hope the new album in November will be a NEW album and not a second THE UNRAVELING filled with rerecorded old songs.

Isn't first Psychonnect-tour basically their first oneman ever? (since it happened in the end of July in 1999...and I really doubt they had tours as big as that one)

If that's so, then it makes sense for possible "15th anniversary celebration"

also

tumblr_n2639ujpx61r5sfsvo1_500.jpg

venues/dates for that tour

Very excited by all of this, I love the band and am at least a little impressed with everything they've done after and including Vulgar. My favorite is still Uroboros, though. Going to be hard to top it but Rinkaku was an amazing single and Sustain the Untruth was pretty good. I just can't believe we have to wait all the way until November, I was thinking more August, but whatever works for them.

I was hoping that the album would come months sooner. Oh well, at least we're actually getting an album this year!

I am curious about this supposed "GAUZE anniversary" tour, and as for a GAUZE re-recording...... I'm... not sure if I would be against that or not. I kinda go back and forth between liking and not-really-liking those re-recordings from THE UNRAVELING.

This tour thing is incredibly interesting and i'd like to see where this all ends up but it feels like they are doing it "just cause" and to please the "older fans". Almost like a gimmick.

This tour thing is incredibly interesting and i'd like to see where this all ends up but it feels like they are doing it "just cause" and to please the "older fans". Almost like a gimmick.

So you are basically asking for another MOAB (well not music-wise but in "let's start from the scratch"-kind of thing)?

If they will do something that excludes them *completely* from their old school era worship (like Uroboros being an obvious Macabre worshipper etc.), it's going to kill them fame/sales-wise.

In case you don't believe me, try to look for such indicators which showed that DEG was relevant during their 2006-2007 era (aka the "vk killing era") in Japan - you won't definitely find any out there :)

(well of course, DSS didn't do well either - but they still saved their "screening time" media-wise)

Seriously?

*sigh*

I honestly don't mind that they're doing a Gauze tour; but at the same time I don't want their past to be a crutch for their music now. I would have 0 interest and respect for this band if they resorted to pure fanservice and stopped progressing musically. As it stands though, a Gauze tour could be good for them. It'll carry a different atmosphere that will take the focus away from their new material.