Jigsaw9

DIR EN GREY new album and DVD release

no samples/teasers yet?

They probably be up like a month(maybe less) before the release. It's still too soon for samples, although there's still hope for maybe a another "single" like they did with Amon.

Personally, I would like to hear this be a long album with long tracks.. partly because it's been so long since DSS (with material barely trickling out since)

I'm willing to bet on the tracks largely being 3.5 minutes long. With 16 tracks that's nearly an hour of material -- huge for your average rock record. If there are multiple tracks over that length, this could be stretched out into an hour and ten minutes or more. Dum Spiro Spero didn't fair too well with me partly because of its length (a track here or there could have been removed), and that only had 14 songs @ 67 minutes.

Do you mean the one they used for shows like Code of Vulgar[ism]?

If so, they did release a studio version of that on their "saku" single.

It's called "G.D.S."

Was g.d.s. from the saku single an actual studio version? Because if I remember well you could even listen to the crowd and the song that started after, Shokubeni...

But I was mostly talking about that other one.

I always thought they just transitioned from a studio version of g.d.s. into the live version of shokubeni. But good point, I'm not entirely sure.

I think so yeah; I assume it was a live version in that case...which is a shame because it's awesome!

In regards to the new album, I'd be bummed out if they kept to their DSS style, yet really happy if they kept their Uroboros style. I don't see them going back to a style that precedes these two albums to be fair though.

Am I the only one who would be quite amused if they went with that recent djent bandwagon and made some song in that kind of style ? I mean it would be probably terrible but who knows. D:

Crap, I think I used that bandwagon a bit too generally. Anyway, I just wonder how they would sound if they threw a bit of djent here and there like Crystal Lake did on their recent mini.

Tracklist has my attention. I think I read here that the new songs are being played with 6 Strings. This makes me happy. While I don't have an issue with 7 strings....ok,  I don't really like 7 strings lol. Its just cool that going back to the roots means they're going back to earlier style instruments.

Crap, I think I used that bandwagon a bit too generally. Anyway, I just wonder how they would sound if they threw a bit of djent here and there like Crystal Lake did on their recent mini.

That sounds disgusting.

Tracklist has my attention. I think I read here that the new songs are being played with 6 Strings. This makes me happy. While I don't have an issue with 7 strings....ok,  I don't really like 7 strings lol. Its just cool that going back to the roots means they're going back to earlier style instruments.

inb4 Rinkaku's horrifically damaged like Hageshisato and Obscure were.

I'd rather have them leave songs off the album if they're going to be changing their sound enough to warrant re-recordings because certain things do not sound good when converted.

At least I have justification for buying that obscenely-priced copy of the Unraveling in stores here since none of the material will be available in physical print anywhere else.

I will wait the art cover now and preview, but I think I will buy the Regular edition in Limited (with the bonus cd)... even if it will be stay in original plastic packaging ^^

I'm waiting for them to "correct" the capitalization on the English/Latin song titles...

When I saw the tracklist for the first time I was like "Huh? First album in ages that doesn't wear CAPS LOCK?" 

However, I don't think they will release both a 'standard edition' and '2CD special edition' in Europe. If you read the news posted on Okami Records Facebook-page, they say European Edition will be released simultaneously with Japan, and it will be a 2CD version + a digital version. I will definitely buy it, and I really hope for digipak and a 1st press bonus item like the autograph card that was added randomly into the DUM SPIRO SPERO Deluxe Edition (Yeah, I got one of those!)

Have to admit.. the DSS version of Hage sucked all the life out of it...

I agree. The original of the singles sounded good as is. I think the only reason why Hage and Lotus got the remastering was because I guess they didn't want two diff. ppl credited on the album. I don't think we have to worry about the ARCHE singles being redone, Madsen's mix on the originals are great also.

It's their fault for recording Hageshisato then deciding only a few months later they wanted Korn bass and deathcore guitar tone. But they really should've just left the song off the album altogether.

(And they probably will have to redo Rinkaku if they've changed their equipment AGAIN, which is the point --  not even sure Toshiya is using the same bass sound on StU because it hardly clicks and sounds more like a standard slap-bass which may be indicative of tighter strings...)

I believe LOTUS was re-recorded or mixed different between the album version and the single, and I much prefer the album version. So I have hope that every single can improve. 

16 tracks, huh? Not expecting any 7+ min songs this time, but maybe we'll be surprised. 

I have semi-high hopes for this. Rinkaku was good, StU was... less good. Still, with so many tracks I'm holding onto the hope that there'll at least be a couple of good ones in there. 

Rinkaku was fantastic. Among the best songs they've ever done. I also liked Sustain the Untruth a lot, but I'd rather see The Unraveling to be honest. Shame it's not a part of the album. Another fantastic song, though not on par with Rinkaku.