lichtlune

Favorite Visual Kei vocalists of all time?

My favorite vocalists of all time would be (not in particular order, that would be too hard):

Sakurai Atsushi (BUCK-TICK)

BT has been going ages! I really love how deep and soft Atsushi's voice really can be. He really has talent!

Hizumi (D'espairsRay)

Somewhat amazing growls and shouts, and the power during his clear vocals. Really sad that he can't sing anymore, such a huge loss.

ASAGI (D)

A very unique voice in the VK world. His voice is strong and he is able to sing quite high-pitched vocals as well -- without sounding weird or squeaky.

yo-ka (DIAURA)

His voice range is quite large - able to go from soft ballads to very brutal growls and shouts. Skilled vocalist with personal sound - and he keeps getting even better all the time.

Hiro (Nocturnal Bloodlust)

Well yes, he can scream and shout BUT his clear vocals! One of the most clearest voice in VK world I've heard. Really amazing.

Mikaru (DIO distraught overlord)

Such a deep and low voice and amazing growls. Nothing more to say.

Edited by haido

yuuki from unsraw.His screaming is the most brutal af out of all vk artists ive heard so far,like he is constantly spitting blood lol which may not be totally wrong as ive heard he went through some vocal complication which caused the end of the band if im not wrong.

Edited by FOSCOR70

As much as he doesn't have like 30% of the range he used to have back on his prime, I still hold Kyo (DeG/Sukekiyo) in very high regard because his vocal performances on Uroboros completely changed the way I perceived vocals back when I first heard it. Since I'm a sucker for weird voices and versatile vocalists that's the stuff I look up the most from japanese artists but very few succeed at doing that succesfully like Kyo, though I have to mention Hinata (llll-Ligro), Wataru (ex-12012) and Sho (Dimlim) for being able of both pulling out the ridiculous noises and some extremely demanding clean singing parts as well.

I like Toshi (X Japan), Sono (Matenrou Opera), Hiro (Nocturnal Bloodlust) a lot too. Yoshiatsu (Dadaroma) is an incredible vocalist as well but I can't stand most of his music. And this one called Mirai (ex-Secilia Luna) who isn't the most technical singer out there but I kinda liked his voice too. Dunno if he did anything else after the band broke up.

There's a lot, which makes it so hard to narrow down! Here are some in no particular order.

- HAL (ex-SINCREA / FEST VAINQUEUR) - Haven't listened to the band's newer stuff, but HAL's vocals had some great strength to it

- Sono (Matenrou Opera) - I don't listen to all the songs from this band, but his voice is a treat

- Jui (ex-Vidoll) - He may not be able to reach the high notes, but I love listening to his voice

- Hizumi (ex-D'espairRays) - Unmistakable voice along with shouts and growls. Such a shame as to what happened to him.

- CHISA (ex-DIV, ACME) -  Something about his voice has grown on me

- Isshi (ex-Kagrra) - His style worked perfectly with the band's music

- Kamijo (Versailles, solo) - Who can resist his sexiness?

- Byou (ex-SCREW, Khryst) - An irresistible his light, airy voice

- Mao (Sadie, the Thirteen) - Always appreciated the deepness in his vocal

- Tomo (vistlip) - His voice can reach high ranges without sounding like chicken scratch. Not to mention it's quite soothing.

Some other ones are Shou (Alice Nine/A9), yo-ka (DIAURA), Ruki (the Gazette), and Yuhma (Luzmelt). There are probably more, but these are the ones I could think of at the moment.

My favourites singers are  in this time:

Miku ( ex An Cafe,Lc5)

Shou (A9/Alice Nine)

ROY (Zero [Hz])

Hayato (Codomo Dragon)

Kanata (Zonbi )