lichtlune

Favorite Visual Kei vocalists of all time?

I thought we'd talk about vocalists :) There's only so many ways a guitar or set of drums could sound but with vocals its limitless. We all have unique voices for the most part. Its really interesting to hear many different kinds of voices in music. I thought I'd name like a personal top 5 list and kind of see where this goes from here.

1: Kamijo - Lareine/Versailles

I complain about him a lot and i haven't been satisfied with everything he's put out the past few years but overall when you take every single track he's ever done and put them together there's a lot of gems to be enjoyed. Its hard to put him any lower. 

2: Juka - Moi Dix Mois/VII-Sense/ etc

Again when you add up everything he's ever done there's just so many great songs that you can't just forget about. A good portion of his songs have a permanent spot on my ipod and i just don't see myself being able to delete much of his songs anytime soon. 

3: KLAHA - Malice Mizer

Wish he'd come out of his shell some day. Anyway his vocal work is really nice. Gardenia is a masterpiece.

4: TUSK - ZI:KILL

Got into ZI:KILL this year and I'd say they've kind of grown into one of my favorite bands already mostly thanks to TUSK's brilliant voice.

5: Mikaru - DIO - Distraught Ovelord and BLACK LINE

DIO wouldn't be much to me if it weren't for mikaru. A great deep tone and one of the best death vocals VK has ever heard in my opinion. He'd be much higher on my list had DIO stayed around a few more years and released a good quality album. 

Honorable Mentions: Seth/Z/Seiji (Moi Dix Mois Art Cube etc), Kaya (Schwarz Stein), Kyo (Dir en Grey), KoHey (Sleep my Dear) , Asagi (D/JE*REVIENS), Yuuki (UnsraW),

And yours?

I got the same first 2 faves for the exact same reasons. I don't listen to the other 3 bands.

I am incredibly picky in my tastes in vocals as it something that I will be hearing 95% of the time, I need to like after a few samples. Just for VK

1. Kamijo, more so in Versailles post-Noble. I don't 100% like his Lareine voice unless the melody is just right.
  2. Juka...Forever :)
  3. Taa, LuLu. I really like how his voice sounds strained and be able to convey a certain emotion unique, at least to my experience, to LuLu's music. His techniques suits quit a range of rock styles but in the deeper(meaning?) songs, he really shines.
  4. Inzargi, Megamasso. Very good vocals rhythmically, and straddles a nice line between sounding deep and light at the same time.
  5. Ruki, the GazettE. I think his voice sounds perfect for their type of music. In my opinion, he can carry most of the songs by himself with his voice as his sense of rhythm is really good.

I don't have a lot of favorite vocal, I like some vocal, but the ones I love are :

1.Kyo From Dir en Grey, because Dir en Grey is my favorite band and because, He have just an immense range of talent : he can sing properly, have a freaking growl, he can go from singing treble to growl

2. Ryuujii from Re:dis, maybe some poeple will think he's an under Kyo vocalist. But I love his approximately clear vocals, his disgusting growl (especially his bad pig scream xD) but, his singing was in accordance with the song ambience.

3.Zen (From Vanilla and now on Otogadead). I don't really know why, but I really like this vocal (maybe because i'm in love with his former band Vanilla)

So, most of these vocalists are no longer in visual kei or in bands not considered to be visual by many, but I couldn't think of five current VK vocalists that I like anywhere near as much as these guys.

Also, mine is based more on performance style than technical skill, since that's usually what makes a great vocalist for me.

1. Teru - GLAY

I like that his voice isn't perfect. Sometimes it cracks and shakes, sometimes he struggles a bit, but I think that just adds to the sincerity of the song, and sometimes he'll just get this sudden boost of power and take the performance to another level.

2. Sakurai Atsushi - BUCK-TICK

Similar sort of reasoning, really. I like that he makes such a big effort to perform each song differently based on the story or atmosphere.

3. Kiyoharu - KUROYUME

Love it or hate it, Kiyoharu has a distinctive voice, and he can do so many different styles of music so well.

4. Kajinaga Daishi - Psycho le Cemu

I like the boyishness of his voice. I think it fit PLC perfectly, and the contrast between the cute, innocent style of PLC and his bratty wannabe yankee side is a big part of the charm of the band for me.

5. Toshi - X JAPAN

Sometimes his voice gets a bit grating, but he really puts a lot of heart into those ballads, and after seeing them live my respect for Toshi went up a lot. He has so much stage presence.

A friend of mine who doesn't like Visual Kei loves Satsuki (RENTRER EN SOI). I once showed him Sincerely PV and he fell in love with Satsuki's voice. He told me he loves vocalists with femenine voices/feminine singing style.

1. Satoshi (girugamesh, REDMAN): He's the one vocalist I'll follow anywhere he goes no matter what music genre. Both his singing and growls are grade A class.

Kyo (Dir en grey): Covers all ranges from singing to inhuman screeches.

Hizumi (D'espairsRay): He produces some of the best screams I've heard along with exceptional singing.

Number one for me would probably have to be Arimura Ryutaro. I adore the child-like vibe his voice gives off when he sings. It's very much fitting to the type of music Plastic Tree play, and it's rather distinctive as well.

Number two would be Atsushi Sakurai because I mean....it's Atsushi. You can't not love his voice, haha ;_;

His vocal range is amazing. Sensual, passionate, etc..all that good stuff. Even after all these years, his singing capabilities still astound me every time.

Number three...I guess Shuuji Ishii could go in that spot. His voice is quirky, yet smooth. Very fitting to all of his projects. Needless to say, he has a great sense of style to go along with all of his great singing qualities.

Honorable mentions include, Yu-dai from SEX-ANDROID, and eiji from codomo A/sanpun/etc etc...They both have great voices. Not to mention, unique as well. Especially Yu-dai. I haven't been too fond of his more raspy vocals here lately, but when he's not doing that, his voice is really melodic and I love it. 

I just wanted to share my Top 5 of overall favourite vocalists :-)

1. 砂月 (ex-Rentrer~). For everything. For his way of self-expression, his splendid falseto's, sincerity and sensitiveness of his voice.

2. 京 (La:Sadie's, Dir en grey, Sukekiyo). For his squeaking, howling, rumbling and making all kinds of other passionate noise. I'm so much devoted to his achievements that I listen to Dir en grey only on my knees.

3. 紫 (Baiser). Just because they influenced Rentrer~ so much in their early era. In fact, I hate their くちづけ single, but everything else is true masterpiece in my ears.

4. KeÏ (Eliphas Levi, Vinett). Eliphas is my most cherished truly 'gothic' Japanese ensemble, I know all their lyrics by heart and could perhaps recite them even after sudden awakening from bed at 3 AM and the way how this vocalist sings emotionally and sensitively is very important element of what makes this music so magically accessibly for my poor soul.

5. Tetsu (Malice Mizer, Nil, Zigzo). I was thinking about choosing Sakito (Dué le quartz), or 翡翠 (Madeth~, Schwardix~), or even 狂華 (Aliene Maφriage, Chaos†System), but I finally stayed in Tetsu. His style of singing was for me very important since my beginnings with visual kei scene. No other Malice Mizer vocalist could create similar gloomy, depressive atmosphere like him and their early songs like 記憶と空, Speed of Desperate, Seraph, バロック or Sadness are classics mostly because of how he's singing therein.

Additionally, for honorary reasons I could also mention some other vocalists, which I adore since first time I've listened to their voices and which had not been yet mentioned: 翠 (Metis Gretel, Megaromania), 龍夜 (Syndrome), 狂鬼 (リロード, グリーヴァ) to list just a few more.

My top 5 - and I am gonna exclude ex-Vk-ers (Kyo, Ryuichi, Kiyoharu etc.) out of the list - and before I post my list, I would like to pinpoint one element that usually makes vocalists sound great - recognizable voice (you will see why I mentioned this):

1. Tatsurou (MUCC) - easily recognizable voice, which is quite hard to imitate. Haters' "Drunken hobo vocals"-comments aside, I have grown fond of his vocal style in such records as Houmura Uta (intense, fittingly dramatic vocals), Kuchiki no Tou/Houyoku (mainly "non-rampant" songs, like Akatsukiyami or Kagayaku Sekai) and Shangri-La (where I felt like he had his most varied role vocals-wise). This guy is STILL able to convey different kinds of emotions, which is pretty much the real gift/talent of good vocalists. 

2. Gara (MERRY) - most of you don't really stand his vocals, I know. BUT what I admire in him is that his frail, "overemotional" vocals are very easy to get into (you could even "feel" the melody) and that he's able to switch from such performance to totally overdramatic sequences (like in Gekisei for eg.).

3. Ryo (9GBO, HOLLOWGRAM) - easily recognizable, serene voice - would pretty much call him "the vk falsetto/crooning master" here (handles them much better than Satsuki or Kyo, I think). Even though he *is not* able to growl, it's still not necessary - his vocal style creates some sort of post music-like feeling, which I really adore :)

4. Shuuji Ishii (Cali-gari, goatbed, XA-VAT) - Out of all vk baritone vocalists, I am able to recognize him in an instant. Despite his needs for doing occasionally those excessive vibratos, he found his own way of doing some "vk realness" vocal-wise - also, "retro realness", heh.

5. Hizumi (D'espairsRay) -  I think Flame-X summed it up pretty well :)

My "favorite examples" are in links above.

My favorite vocalist is without a doubt Hisui (Madeth Gray'll).

To me his voice is just perfect, whether he sings, talks or screams I always get hooked instantly when I hear it. The tone is a little fragile and shivering, when he sings low he sounds like someone with a high voice forcing it and when he sings high he sounds like someone with a low voice forcing it. As if his voice was permanently on the edge of fading which fits the dark themes in their songs really, really well. Also while he does the typical jariban 'out of tune' singing he never gets to the point of being a note off. There is only a soft disharmony that stands out from the other bands of that genre that, in my opinion, overdo it sometimes.

Another vocalist I really like and who I think has the perfect 'VK' voice is Hina (AZALEA, hurts, etc). He sounds so dirty and I love his screams and aggressive singing as well has the whining in more melodic tracks.

Actually I generally have a thing for higher and slightly dirty or weak voices. Kon (La'Mule, Nightingeil), Shun (Deshabillz), Wataru (12012), Kisui (Phobia), Kyouka (Aliene Ma'riage), Tatsuya (Syndrome) are other favorites of mine.

5. Tetsu (Malice Mizer, Nil, Zigzo). I was thinking about choosing Sakito (Dué le quartz), or 翡翠 (Madeth~, Schwardix~), or even 狂華 (Aliene Maφriage, Chaos†System), but I finally stayed in Tetsu. His style of singing was for me very important since my beginnings with visual kei scene. No other Malice Mizer vocalist could create similar gloomy, depressive atmosphere like him and their early songs like 記憶と空, Speed of Desperate, Seraph, バロック or Sadness are classics mostly because of how he's singing therein.

I love Tetsu in ZIGZO and nil, but I can't get into him in MALICE MIZER. It just doesn't sound right to me. I love his style, though. There's just this insane, almost manic level of energy and emotion to the way he sings--like he's always just on the brink of too much--and I think it's cool that it carries over into happier songs as well, like nil's "Come on Eileen" cover (http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=zzVzL8mkBDk).

I'm bad at lists, so don't take my numbering as a rank of quality so much as the order they came to mind / the order I felt like talking about them:

1.) Kamijo: Bearsailles got me into Vkei and more or less took me out of my shell when it came to music and trying things that weren't on the radio or 2nd-hand listening to whatever my friends liked. His then baritone singing and melodramatic vampiric fluff had me hooked and to this day they're still one of my favorites. Granted his technique changed over time and his voice sounds a lot more natural than it did then, he's still one of my favorite vocalists and I still get a massive hard-on for all of his tacky faux-french shit. It took me a while to really like Lareine though because of how different he sounded then, but even his more effeminate style does wonders for me.

2.) Rita: E'm~grief~ is only going to be remembered by anyone who doesn't follow UCP as the band that ripped of 10 black metal bands at once, and I'm okay with that because the fact that there are still tears over this issue 4 years later perpetually amuses me. To make it better, they re-used the into of "Amentia" in their next single too, like Yuuze (the member who wrote most of their music) was saying "Hey...remember how mad you were when you heard this? :3 " Drama aside, "Amentia" is literally the 1 odd song that doesn't mix with their discography this band put out (idk why they wanted to pretend to be black metal for a day either. Yuuze is getting old). Their "regular" songs showcased Rita's deep and bellowing vocals. In case you haven't been able to predict a trend, faux-operatic vocals are my thing. Rita is one of those no-name vocalists who do it really well, in my opinion, and are best shown in the songs "Infinity Daze" and "D.L.S." (which our favorite new drag queen is named after~). His other bands weren't the same genre of music at all. CalorZe was a fairly typical vkei band in 2005/2006 and they only had...8(?) songs. 

3.) Hisui: as Hyura already mentioned, there's something so strange about his voice it's almost a miracle that he stumbled upon the genre he more or less helped to create in visual-kei. While he was emulating big names of the past, he was able to hold his own when it comes to creepy, frantic, emotionally charged vocals. While Madeth never really strayed too far away from their original style, they were able to create music to showcase how diverse Hisui could be: from mournful and out of tune, to outbursts of emotions, to sounding like he's being electrocuted: he could do it all!

4.) Hayato: DuelJewel really aren't a favorite of mine anymore. However, dude's got a pretty voice. While their discography post 2011 is more or less a joke, he's one of the few vkei guys whom have been able to pull off the operatic thing in a non-symphonic setting without coming off as a try-hard. Even their heavier songs show that what he does, he does well. Or...did.

5.) Natsuki: -OZ- kind of came out of no where with their first album. While they had been around for a while, they somehow channeled D'espairsRay and took over the scene with their first big release after a few years of making smaller works. One of vkei's biggest problems is that their growlers are awful and their heavier music is often tactless (heavy b/c we can!!!). Natsuki had the ability to switch from being aggressive to melodic while being great at both. I can see why people who weren't fans can find his voice grating, but each to his own.

6.) Klaha: More opera and gawfy dramatics. Klaha was probably one of the most stressed-out vocalists in vkei's history because he had to fill the shoes of Gackt after so much drama, a death in the band, and a complete stylistic 180. "You better work," Mana whispered into his ear upon accepting his position in the band, and he did.

7.) Yuuga: super nasally and raw, while sarcastic as fuck and probably really racist. Not a lot of people in vkei start shit because it's a social faux pas in Japan, but i guess that didn't really stop him from writing a song about cutting off oshare-kei bandmen's ears in order to ask them if they can still hear good music. He was recently resurrected after getting liposuction to sell his band's first single for 10 yen, then distribute their album for free... and apparently he's learned how to be brvtal. 

Other vocalists I like but I haven't listened to their music enough to really consider them a "favorite" or I like their voice but not a lot of their band's music:

-Daisuke from Neil

-Atsushi from Buck-tick

-Yohma from Luzmelt

-(1994 and earlier) Kiyoharu

-(1989 and earlier + 1994) RYUICHI

-Shuuji 1 + Cali=/=Gari's 2nd not Shuuji vocalist (didn't they have one that like left immediately?)

I love:

Takanori Nishikawa (TM Revolution, Abingdon Boys School)

His never-ending range, controlled tremolos, amazing melodies, honest lyrics...

But beyond all that, the attitude, the Never-Give-Up spirit. The effort he puts into everything, the diverse discography, the work with other artists, etc... My vocal hero.

Shou (Alice Nine, Givuss, Lost Age)

Loved his nasal tone, deep melodies, tremolos, energy, and transparency in tone.

Prefer the early stuff up until Gemini tbh. It is more my style, though I love what he does in smaller live performances.

Big inspiration to me.

Gackt (Solo, YFC)

Deep voice and style that inspired many.

Great emotional touch, soft falsettos, moaning lyrics, very original melodies and presentations...

Another big inspiration.

Keiyuu (Kra, Tokyo High Black)

Never really thought about it, just simply, and purely love his work.

Yui (UNiTE)

I really connect with him and his vocals.

Nice, youthful, and feel real to me.

Hyde (L`arc En Ciel, VAMPS, Solo)

Distinct, deep, vocals that don`t have to be harsh to hit hard.

Chisa (DIV)

New-comer by comparison, but just like his band is moving up in the ranks fast.

Something about his slightly deep voice that rings so clear and aesthetically that it is just a pleasure to turn up the volume and listen to. Love his original lyrics too, using PS Vita instruction booklets, talking about feelings through flavours, telling ghost stories, etc...

These are just some of my favorites that I enjoyed sharing with you. I have many more.

Early days of Hyde for me, his voice was so powerful and deep. I still remember the first time I heard Flower and fell in love with L'arc~en~Ciel several years ago. 

I'm also a big fan of Seiji (Art Cube, Brain Hacker, AMADEUS, AFTER IMAGE) not for his voice, but for his ideias and concepts. Same with SHUN from Deshabillz. 

1)Yuuki (Lycaon)

There is no one that makes me feel alive and warm like he does, and I like that he always sounding different being able to adapt to any sound in the instrumental.

2) Angle satsuki (Rentrer en soi only)

he would be #1 but he lost his wings sadly.

3) karma (avelcain)

Like Yuuki he sings from the heart i can feel it

4) Ren (dali)

Very loving soft, i have my sparks with him

5) aoi (ayabie 2004-,2005+cubic L rock, 168)

Very sweet also sparks life.

6) Maya (LM.C)

so sweet and loving

7) kyouki ( reload, grieva)

best in reload but still so love

8 ) haku (raddock, XI~サイ~)

also love

also really love jin (nega), mashiro (paradeis, vow), Ryuka (depain, savage) sui (megaromania) Mao(sid), ai (memento mori), yuki (Lustknot.) emiru (aicle),高橋 尽 (hero), piko, ran (xepher), and tsuzuku(mejibray olny) when he goes in. I like alternative vocalist that are not full of shit, that sing from with in, not just because they have a good voice and are emotional available without getting annoying or trying too hard.

Too lazy to give a full review of my favorite vocalists, so I'm only gonna give out a few snippets here and there...

1. Gara (MERRY) - Haters gonna hate. He's got the most unique voice I've ever heard, and he shows so much emotion in his singing. I especially love it when his voice cracks *_*
  2. Sui (Lin) - From Metis Gretel to Megaromania to Lin, his voice has improved so much, and I truly think that's amazing. He's shown a lot of improvement over the years, give him some credit, people.
  3. Seth/Z (Moi dix Mois, Art Cube) - So pretty, kinda reminds me of Kaya, but more deeper~ *_*  He's been in the scene for a very long time, and yet I feel that he's a bit underrated, I gotta give him some love. ♥
  4. Satsuki - Pretty, pretty vocals. I fell in love with his voice while he was in Kisaki Project, but I always forget to listen to his own work, and Rentrer en Soi.
  5. Kyo (Dir en grey, sukekiyo) - His vocals are quite unique too. Fucking love his death metal screams too *_* I seriously need to listen to more Diru. ;w; I'm awful.

In no particular order:

Kyo (Dir en grey) - while his style isn't always to my liking, you can't deny that he's one of the most versatile and talented vocalists in the scene (I know, they're not really vk, but still)

Rinda (Tokyo Heroes) - he has a voice that's very different compared to the "common" vk vocalists. He has so much power in his voice though, very underrated.

Tatsurou (Mucc) - Very talented vocalist as well. I kinda liked his vocals better when he was still singing like he was a depressed madman, but still haha.

Satsuki (ex-Rentrer en Soi) - This guy has a range, damn. Can go from very low to very high without any seeming effort. His notes are usually spot-on as well.

Hizumi (ex-D'espairsRay) - While not as distinctive as the above ones, still an immensely good vocalist for vk-standards. Thought he deserved the mention.

1.) Kyo (Dir en Grey, Sukekiyo)  My first vocal love and his vocals have just gotten better over time, very nostalgic for me.

2.) Yukki (Lycaon)  I just love how unique his voice is and his little whines.

3.) Tsuzuku (MEJIBRAY) I don't know how to describe it, I just love his growls, screams and singing so much *_*

4.)  Ruki (the GazettE) I always thought his voice was unique, although he has changed somewhat now.  I loved his vocals in zetsu, made me fall in love.

5.)  Asagi (D) What is there to say? His voice is deep and high, just beautiful.

I also love Tatsurou (MUCC) and Hizumi (D'espairsRay)!

Some of my favourites:

Isshi (Kagrra)

While not close to being a fantastic vocalist, or a very good singer n a technical level, but I just love the soothing softness and tenderness in his voice. And what he lacked in quality, he gained with the emotion in his voice. And he did fit the band perfectly. Never over the top, never the talking point of the band, but always delicious, with some very smooth vocal lines.

Gara (Merry)

I always loved his dramatic vocals. I have no problem seeing why so many find him to be a bit annoying, but I love him. A bit ove the top at times, but I don't mind that at all.

Satsuki (Rentrer en Soi)

He's not the best screamer in the world, but he's got a beautiful voice.

Tatsurou (1999-2003/4) (Mucc)

Very over the top, dramatic and theatrical vocals. To be honest he sounds pretty fucked up and shitty during these years, but it certianly did fit the music. It's a shame he started to suck so very, very much after these years.

I had to really think about this one, and it made me realize that vocals I really like in particular aren't always from my favorite handful of bands to listen to.

1. Garo/Jill/Ko-hey 

(Hi:BRiD, GALEYD, and other various projects
I just feel as though he has a very unique voice, and it's the kind of voice that can fit a few different sounds. After watching a few live videos he seems to have really great vocal control. That's admirable to stay in key but still put a lot of physical energy on top of that in to a performance. I really just love the tone of his voice.

2. Tenten/Taira Kazuhiro

(hanamuke, KuRt, Chemical pictures, kiss my way, mbhi)
While I felt that Garo's voice was unique, i have to say Tenten is a little above that. He's got this odd raspiness to his voice mixed with his range and tone that I really haven't found in any other vk vocalists. I feel that some of his projects really complimented his voice in more ways than a few of them, but overall he's very nice to listen to. 

my third would have been yusuke kobayashi from the Novembers but not vk. 

All three of these are really close to number one, but I'd have to say Garo is most certainly my favorite, while tenten and kobayashi are tied for 2nd.

My favourite vocalists are Juka, Riku (Phantasmagoria), Sono (Matenrou Opera), Mahiro (Kiryu).

I also liked Klaha when he was in Malice Mizer, i havent heard alot of his solo works.

There are probably others but cant think right now.

- Kyo (DIR EN GREY)

- Ryo (9GOATS BLACK OUT)

- Nigu (cocklobin)

- Hizumi (D'espairsRay)

- Asagi (D)

- Hazuki (lynch.)

- L (The 3rd Birthday)

- Sono (Matenrou Opera)

- Satsuki (RENTRER EN SOI)

- Goshi (SUICIDE ALI)

- Wataru (12012)

逹瑯 / MUCC : He has such a unique voice and lots of passion behind it. I think people have always loved or hated him for it. And for having one of the deeper voices in visual kei, his falsetto is a thing of magic to me.

左迅 / girugamesh : His voice is always really piercing (some voices cut through music and others blend into it) and again, he has a lot of emotion that comes through. His scream is also probably my favorite amoung vk singers, though he doesn't do it as much anymore.

nigu / cocklobin, tosinn : His voice is what I imagine silk would sound like. It's just really smooth and has this ring to it. It's hard for me to explain, but I can get lost in it.

団長 / NoGoD, 新興宗教楽団NoGoD : His range is ridiculous, and while I didn't like his voice so much at the start, every release he got stronger and more solid and now I think he's very formidable, and grossly under appreciated. 

櫻井 敦司 / Buck-Tick, solo : After all these years his voice still sounds amazing and beautiful. I never get tired of listening to him and he has a way of making his voice hard and aggressive without ever having to add grit or scream. It's just wonderful and I hope he never stops. Ever.

Honorable mentions: Hizumi / D'espairsRay, Yo-shiT (弥斗) / xTRiPx, CHISA / DIV, トラ / STEREO.C.K (ex. Sel'm)

Hizumi (D'espairsRay)

I can't really put it into words, but I love his voice. He made me appreciate screaming. The power and emotion behind his vocals have always been amazing to me.

Ryoga (BORN)

I honestly do not understand why I love his voice so much. I'll be the first to admit it's weird and I really shouldn't like it, but for whatever reason I do. Particularly in their ballads. He's really good at creating specific atmospheres.

Kazuki (Belmosaic)

It's not the most impressive voice, but it's unique. It's got an interesting tone that fits really well with the band's sound. I've been in love with his voice from the second I heard it. I'm really hoping he'll join another band after Belmosaic split.

Satoshi (Girugamesh)

I'm not a big girugamesh fan anymore, but I'll always love Satoshi's voice. It's full of emotion. (The screams in Kowarete Iku Sekai always get to me) He has the power for their harder stuff, but can switch to a much softer tone for the ballads.

Keiya (Purple Stone)

He has one of the smoothest voices, especially for a young band (though he was in a non-VK band, Hazze, before). It's really clear and he makes it all seem so easy. Also, I've never seen a vocalist able to work a crowd like Keiya can. (When most of those people are not there for PS)

Honorable mentions: Chisa (DIV) and Show (VAASTU) (Show's range is ridiculous)