Sign in to follow this  
TheBistroButcher666

Dear TW Audiophiles

Dear TW Audiophiles,

So my current pair of ear buds are ready to be replaced and normally I stick to cheapo Philips ear buds (link) but I'm looking to branch out and buy something different. In the past I have tried different brands and I always end up with some really awful headphones that super suck and break. So I always just end up going back to my usual Philips ear buds. I'm always afraid to spend more then $25 because in the past I have spent a lot on expensive head sets only to have them break in less then six months. It's not like I'm even really rough with these things :(

Three simple things I prefer with headsets.

- Ear buds that clip on.

- Cancel out incoming noise and also preferably outgoing to some extent. (So I don't annoy coworkers and people on my commute)

- Will last at least six months or more.

Would anyone like to pitch some recommendations before I go out and waste a bunch of money on different headphone brands? What are some brands that people here like to use? Feel free to recommend types even if they aren't ear buds, I mostly prefer ear buds as they're just easier to carry around. :)

maybe Sennheiser OMX 90 VC will suit you?

i always trust Sennheiser when it comes for headohones/earphones.

The one i suggested is one of their affordable range with top quality. (Of course if you dare to pay more, you'll get even better options by them.)

edit: click for mx90 review

Try to consider Bang and Olufsen and Bose too.

My Top 3 of best headphones brands.

Price isn't that big of a deal, just that awhile ago a friend suggested Skull Candy so I forked out about $30 something bucks for a pair that broke in about a month. :-S Stupid piece of junk. So I've always been a little hesitant to spend a lot because I'm afraid of them just being cheap junk.

The one you link with the review I am liking though, especially the case they come with since I travel a lot and always end up stuffing them in my pocket or somewhere in my laptop bag, so I always have to untangle the wires.

I like skull candy... but honestly yeah, their headphones are shit. My $70 pair broke in a month too --; snapped right in half, and I definitely don't have a large head.

Their earbuds though.. that's a different story... best earbuds I've ever used, and the only that I'll use right now. Can get a pair for about $15-$20.

And off-topic, but you live in Seattle? 8D; I'm moving up there next year~

Price isn't that big of a deal, just that awhile ago a friend suggested Skull Candy so I forked out about $30 something bucks for a pair that broke in about a month. :-S Stupid piece of junk. So I've always been a little hesitant to spend a lot because I'm afraid of them just being cheap junk.

The one you link with the review I am liking though, especially the case they come with since I travel a lot and always end up stuffing them in my pocket or somewhere in my laptop bag, so I always have to untangle the wires.

ah, i haven't try skull candy personally.

But i do hear many complaints from many peoples that have been trying it. It's model looks cool though, didn't know how the sound quality are. But it must be a bummer to spend some cash to something that not really long lasting :(

yeah, that's one thing i like from sennheiser.

The always come with the case, so i wouldn't have to searched all over my brief case anytime i need it anymore. And waterproof too. It produce a crystal clear sounds for the ear.

It's amazing. The earbuds very comfy too, wore it for hours and it doesn't make my earlobe hurt or itch. From my experience, i can safely say that my iPod had shorter life than the earphone lol

I would stay as far from Skullcandy as possible if I were you. No kidding.

ah, i haven't try skull candy personally.

But i do hear many complaints from many peoples that have been trying it. It's model looks cool though, didn't know how the sound quality are. But it must be a bummer to spend some cash to something that not really long lasting :(

yeah, that's one thing i like from sennheiser.

The always come with the case, so i wouldn't have to searched all over my brief case anytime i need it anymore. And waterproof too. It produce a crystal clear sounds for the ear.

It's amazing. The earbuds very comfy too, wore it for hours and it doesn't make my earlobe hurt or itch. From my experience, i can safely say that my iPod had shorter life than the earphone lol

Oh, I didn't see your post earlier but I bought these :D (link). On the cheap end but I'm considering these a trial pair and if I really like them I'll fork out bigger money for a nicer pair :)

Bose are overpriced.

My car has a Bose system in it and to be honest I have never really noticed a drastic difference compared to the built in system that was in my old junky car. :?

Sign in to follow this