Sign in to follow this  
Asakusa

sukekiyo 1st album "IMMORTALIS"

I remember when the first press of Uroboros remastered was sought after for ridiculous prices. Not to mention, having to pay additional money for services to help buy it on Japanese websites on my end.

Still is. The only reason why I don't own it.

tumblr_n265ym6goo1t34w41o1_500.jpg

New look + album covers (thx Wonrei!)

Looks like Kyo kinda got his Obscure-look back...ish? (judging by his looks there)

^maybe a possible poster include in your order on CDJapan or other webshop... or just to promote the release...

Cover of Regular and Limited Edition in higher qualities :

SFCD-135.jpg?v=2

SFCD-133.jpg?v=2

Thanks to kyotakumrau@tumblr for this piece of translation for okmusic.jp reportage (makes collab things pretty clear):

We received news that the solo project of Kyo from DIR EN GREY - sukekiyo - will release 1st album on April 30th and will have a solo performance in May.

Such famous artists as SUGIZO (LUNA SEA), HISASHI (GLAY), Hitoki (Kuroyume), Ishii Shuuji (cali≠gari), TK (Ling tosite sigure) will be mixing tracks; it also already became big news that Kirito from PIERROT (Angelo) and other wonderful artists will be included with the Deluxe limited edition, but recently it was revealed that songs will be recorded with the collaboration with such artists like acid android, Tachibana Takaha/Youseiteikoku, Murohime Shin, PABLO (P.T.P). The excitement over new release can increase further now, as we just received artists comments.

In addition, to commemorate the release of 1st album “IMMORTALIS”, sukekiyo will held a solo performances in Tokyo and Kyoto, “sukekiyo 2014 performance [wakare wo oshimu furi ha anata no tame (Pretense of reluctant goodbye is for your sake)]”, before the general sale of the tickets, sukekiyo official website is accepting application for advance tickets. Getting tickets will be difficult, so definitely check this out!

【Artists comments】

■HISASHI (GLAY) 
The world view,  that is full of chaos intertwined with memories, was connected with lyrical sound. The phrase I was invited to play was a mysterious melody representing inner and natural feelings. I really enjoyed this stimulating session.”

■TK (Ling tosite sigure) 
It’s a world like beautiful poison that you touched for the first time. The story of those words and voice has added up.
I’m really happy that we could create a product like this. Congratulations on your release.

■Youseiteikoku Life Dictotorial Office - Yui
It’s an honour to be able to send flowers on the start of new life of Mr. Kyo, who went on the path to open up our sea routes, reaching over the genre, going over the countries.
Certainly, I want to wish best luck to those 5 spirits who paddle out of the wharf into the dark gloomy misty sea.

■Murohime Shin 
It’s an honour to be able to participate in this project. I tried to create while being aware of listening in different way to usual, interpreting Kyo’s way of expressing all of himself. If we were able to convey his madness to you I would appreciate it.”  

■PABLO (P.T.P) 
Let’s get stoned.” (originally in English)

top kek @ the pablo comment

nice to see shin and the yosei teikoku girl too. sounds like kyo knows everyone in the japanese rock scene, from indie rock to vk and metal

[limited edition bonus CD track list]
01.aftermath Collaboration with キリト (Angelo)
02.鵠 Remixed by PABLO (Pay money To my Pain)
03.zephyr Remixed by TK (凛として時雨)
04.in all weathers Remixed by Devilslug (KORN)
05.nine melted fiction Remixed by 石井 秀仁 (cali≠gari, GOATBED)
06.hemimetabolism Remixed by SUGIZO (LUNA SEA, X JAPAN)
07.scars like velvet Remixed by 室姫 深
08.the daemon's cutlery Remixed by 人時
09.hidden one Remixed by HISASHI (GLAY)
10.mama Remixed by 橘 尭葉 / 妖精帝國
11.aftermath Remixed by acid android

[Penyunne Zemeckis limited edition Blu-ray track list]
◆Live Footage 
2013.12.29 SHIBUYA-AX
SE.destrudo
01.elisabeth addict
02.aftermath
03.in all weathers

2013.12.30 rockin'on presents COUNTDOWN JAPAN 13/14
SE.destrudo
01.elisabeth addict
02.aftermath
03.hemimetabolism
04.nine melted fiction
05.in all weathers

◆Music Video
aftermath(IMMORTALIS ver.)
in all weathers

Wow, Kirito. Both Dir en grey and PIERROT were supposed to be kind of rival bands at least in terms of popularity back then. I never thought they would work together someday, although they seem to have some things in common.

By the way, how do you do to be in two bands at the same time without affecting any of them when both require almost your whole time in one of them?

04.in all weathers Remixed by Devilslug (KORN)

Kinda weird that trombe didn't mention it but "Devilslug" is Jonathan Davis of Korn (aside of "JDevil", another one of his pseudonyms)

2014年4月30日に発表されます1st album『IMMORTALIS』初回盤特典CDに収録されるコラボレーション楽曲の最終アーティストとしてグラミー賞を受賞した経験もある、革新的ヘ ヴィ・ロックバンド、KORNのジョナサン・ディヴィス(Vo)によるコラボユニット「Devilslug」が決定致しました。

in case someone's willing to hear Davis' typical remixes...WUBWUB

Sign in to follow this