Sign in to follow this  
arya92

[Review] ViViD - PRECIOUS [2010.07.07]

so i will share this single only if taintedworld.net is showing up again

here is the review

PRECIOUS

is a great song indeed?it is have a softer tone with catchy chorus.i thought everyone already watched the PV before the single is released.and the part that attract me the most in this song is ko-ki bass play?he is playing bass more creative. i can listen to his bass play. and also loving the solo but it is too short.

Rating : (9/10)

Bright red garden

A Jazzy song from ViViD.The tone is similiar to ????? - The Last SHOW IMO.again loving the bass?but i also love the guitar solo.pretty catchy jazzy song.Love It?

Rating : (9.5/10)

survive

i don't love the beginning.especially the shin rap-ing in the song.to be honest he is bad at rap IMO.this song isn't catchy as 2 other song that i mention above. and i am a little surprised by the scream sound in the middle of the song.who sing that?i don't think it is Shin ???pretty enjoyable.it grow on me.

Rating : (8/10)

????????

good instrumental in the beginning of the song.love it,but shin seems a little bit destroying the song lol.not a catchy song?but it is a worth song to hear?can't speak more :)

Rating : (8/10)

final rating :

8.5/10

i still prefer Take-off single over than this single?but it is a good single

for ViViD ????

I'm a sucker for some random vk jazz.

Besides that, I still can't stand them, even though I loved most of the members from previous bands.

Too bad.

I haven't heard the whole single, and I'm no big fan of theirs, but precious disappointed me. I like it way better when Shin sings deeper.

will listen to the full single some day

Really late review but I was bored XD

PRECIOUS - Didn't really get my attention when I heard the preview, but after hearing the full version I've got to say it's a really enjoyable song. The chorus is really catchy, and Reno and Ryouga's solo's keep getting better, though it's a bit short. IV's bass playing was really good in this song too, he's really improving! (@ arya92, Ko-ki is the drummer , not the bass, sorry for nagging about such a detail :spin: ) I give the title track 8,5/10.

Bright red garden - A jazzy song! I've always had a weakness for jazzy VK-songs, unless they don't do it right (fears Lycaon's EROS). ViViD, however, does it right. It's really, REALLY catchy and it wants me to get on my feet and dance to it. Once again, the bass is really good. Good solo, Shin's voice sounds great here! 9.5/10

survive - This caught my attention when I heard the previews, but honestly, I didn't think the full song was that impressive. I like it when ViViD's choruses are up-tempo, Shin sings too long on one sentence, it's really annoying sometimes. Nothing spectacular, it was OK, but that's it. 7/10

???????? - This was my favorite when I heard the preview, and still one of the favs on the single. Really good intro, but when the chorus kicks in I was kind of worried, fearing it would be like 'survive'. Luckily it didn't, and this is certainly a song I'll be listening for a long time. 9/10

Overall: 8/10. Once again, a really good release by ViViD. I never really cared much for their B-sides (they never were really good in my opinion, I so far only liked the title tracks), but on PRECIOUS they made some really good B-sides. Shin's vocals are improving, just like IV's bass playing. I'm looking forward to their next single, or maybe their next album. I think they should release one soon. They have had 4 singles and 1 mini-album, so I hope PSC decides they will finally get their first album.

Sign in to follow this