Sign in to follow this  
Hakuei

Miyavi - Torture (Single)

I know this review is coming a bit late seeing as the new single has been out for a little while now but i was being lazy and hoping someone else would put one up lol. Anyways on to the review.

First things first, Miyavi is back to form! Wow did this single kick ass? YES! Before this single it had been what like 2 years since he had released anything and to be honest the stuff back then was NOT my favorite. I just wasnt into MYV Hip Hops lol. I much prefer when MYV Rocks.

Torture is like a breathe of fresh air to me. I personally loved meev's indie/early years. Yeah he's improved a lot with his voice since those days but i just loved his crazy rock style of music back then. While this new single is really not a whole lot like early miyavi it rocks harder than he has in a LONG TIME! It's the first time in several years that he's picked up an electric guitar and i love it! I cant even remember the last time he screamed in a song. To a long time miyavi fan it's just nice to see him step back into this more rock style.

Torture - Love this song so much! Just Awesome! 9/10

S.M.F.B - Crazy fun awesome miyavi. I love how he just casually drops "Could you fuck yourself up please?" in the middle of the song - 8.5/10

Revenge - Another great song, I love the guitar - 8/10

Overall - Miyavi is back! I cant wait for the new album, i hope it's style is just like this single which i give an 8.5/10 overall.

THANK YOU MIYAVI!

Yes, the new single is great!! I agree his neo visualizm hip hop style wasn't my favorite, though 1/2 his japanese kabuki rock album rocked the other 1/2 sucked haha. But yea, I always love anything he has done really, and he is especially great live. Can't wait for full album!

I love the single, especially Torture and Revenge...awesome that he's doing this lo-fi stripped down guitar style (I actually always wished for something like this from him, lol).

Really looking forward to the album!!!

Sign in to follow this