Muma

What music do you exercise/workout/get active to?

So... I've actually started going to the gym recently O_O and just wondering if there's any particular songs you like to run to. Is it because of the beat? Or just simply because you really like the song itself and keeps you motivated?

VAMPS - Revolution

Marilyn Manson - (s)AINT :a lot of his songs are on the slower side but idk I just REALLY like running to him, this one in particular

Dir en Grey - Raison d'etre :this song reminds me of a chase scene in my head xP

Versailles - zombie

Dolly - Gothic Party

D'espairsRay - LOVE IS DEAD

The Gazette - Gabriel on the Gallows (and Leech but just because damn I love that song so much
Green Day - St Jimmy :if anyone has any similar paced songs to this i'd be grateful, I feel like i'm flying on the treadmill when this comes on xD

Gray no Theme (from the Fairy Tail OST) >>[x]

these are just the ones which i'm enjoying at the moment (although there are a few more ^ _ ^)

X-Japan - Art of Life

Not really a big X fan, but this song is just perfect for any kardio work-out :) Great length, perfect song-structure and not so much distracting singing at all ^^

Also I love the part where the piano just 'crashes' down xD

Only form of exercise I do is running / jogging, but I found selected songs from these to be pretty good:

- Crossfaith

- Miyavi (self-titled album)

- SiM

Mine are usually music like SiM and Maximum the Hormone. Need to get the adrenaline to pump. ;PP

For running I have a energetic Kpop playlist, because of the beat and tempo.

- Kpop

- Most of Nakata's tracks (especially most rave-y Capsule ones)

- DEG's "The Marrow of a Bone" (good boost for lifting, srsly)

- Deftones (anything after White Pony)

- Dead or Alive and anything similar

- Crystal Castles (for possible jogs)

I haven't been exercising that much lately, unlike earlier right after army (aka the rest of the summer), so I am not really reminiscing my playlists that well.

You mentioned Mr. Manson, so I'm assuming this means that the music can be a language other than JP.

I find a lot of the soundtrack for MGR:Revengeance are pretty good for exercising or working out to.

As for songs that I know of, well..

Let's Go by Blue Stahli.

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk.

Shippin' Up To Boston by Dropkick Murphys.

Acceleration, Rave-Up Tonight, Burn the DIsco Floor with Your "2-Step" by Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Journey through the Decade, Jounetsu no Inazuma, RIDE OR DIE, REDEMPTION and Until the Last Day by GACKT.

Driving Time, Drain by Girugamesh.

Lightning, UNTIL I DIE, The Morning Glow, THEY'RE ALL AFRAID, I Believe In Me by lynch.

Majority of Man With A Mission's discography I personally find to be good for working out too. (Emotions, Distance, Fly Again, Don't Lose Yourself, Never Mind The Rules, Feel and Think and Smells like Teen Spirit for examples.)

In a similar vein to MWAM, One Ok Rock has a few decently paced songs that get me going when needs be.

Beautiful Golden Taurus and The Group of an Acid Butterfly by Sever Black Paranoia.

Naked Arms, Summer Blizzard by T.M.Revolution.

400 Days(Very sexy guitar riff), The Catalyst, Fireball and Bring it On by Undivide.

Of course, mileage may vary, so take with a grain of salt or whatever.

(mostly, this is what I play when I'm doing my nightly push-ups/sit-ups or when I'm gaming, not sure if it's fitting for anything else, so...)

Some select songs by lynch. and the GazettE, mostly more recent stuff - "EVOKE" and "DERACINE" respectively are good ones for me lately. I probably listen to these bands more when I'm exercising than I do at other times.

Most of ling tosite sigure's upbeat tracks work really well for me as well, especially songs from later in their career where the production is much better, and much more effective.

Other than that, the J-rock songs on my workout playlist are mostly just random, "intense" songs from a variety of other bands. ATATA's "General Headquarters", Boris' "Vanilla", girugamesh's "gravitation', Psysalia Psysalis Psyche's "SUBWAY KILLER" to name a few. I'm not too picky as long as the energy is good.