Sign in to follow this  
arya92

[Review] ギルガメッシュ - CO

as i say before "i will only share this single only if taintedworld.net is showing up again"

so here is my review :

COLOR

Girugamesh is turning into a catchy band nowaday?but it's fine for me.as long as i can still enjoy the song.i think this song is the most catchy song that Girugamesh ever make.this song should be an anime opening IMO.

yeah a little boring but i can enjoy it ??

Rating : (8/10)

sunrise

I LOVE THE BEAT!Girugamesh never had a song like these! love more love more the beat?i am enjoying this song since it aired on the Jrock intoo the world 2010.the mixing sounds good.love all of the part of the song??and wtf the song contain on CD is not full song?hoping someone will buy out from itunes?really want to hear the full version so bad :(

Rating : (9.5/10)

????

love the Ryo's drums?it is pretty good song IMO but again pretty boring.

can't say much more.

Rating (7.5/10)

overall rating : 7.5 / 10

a little bit loving this song?but pretty enjoyable for new release ??

I enjoyed the single a lot. It's not that hard Girugamesh we've become too accustomed to, but it's good music nonetheless.

Track-by-track:

Color:

Overall a great track, Satoshi's vocals in this one are superb, and I like the heavy riff in the song, too bad we don't hear much of it. The guitar solo at the end is nice, too~

9/10

Sunrise:

Okay, I absolutely love this song. It's a very FUN song. Sure it doesn't have complex riffs and hyper crazy guitar solos, but it's catchy, and I can see fans jumping around a lot to this one. It'll be stuck in my head for a month, easily~

9.5/10

Flower:

Hm, this song doesn't really appeal to me all too much, but I listen to it every run through because it's interesting. At times it actually reminds me of the bands self titled (obviously the softer songs). I'm sure if I give it a few more listens i'll fall in love

8.5/10

Overall: 9/10

Like I said before, sure it's not the same Girugamesh, but they still write good music, whether it's heavy or not.

RIP Girugamesh.

I thought NOW was a fairly good album, but this single just killed any hope I had left for this band.

This single is absolutely of a different style from what they use to make. I don't like this style.

But I have to admit that they are good songs. The first time I listened to color and sunrise. They seems really crap

But after listening for several times, it's better.

I'm still listening to the version from AMAZON, which is not a full sunrise XD

Look forward to the DVD document XD

Overall 7/10

Fine when Giru dies for some old fans, but i hope it wont come like it was/is with 12012 that they said they give up their hope but still complain about every fucking new release.

I really like this single. Solid, easy to listen Pop/Rock.

So on the actual physical CD, they have a cut off version of Sunrise? Why? Is this a pressing error or something?

My rating:

COLOR - 6.5/10

Sunrise - 7/10

Flower - 7/10

Definitely their weakest single release to date. Very generic and unimaginative but not unlistenable. The most progressive thing here is the beat they use in Sunrise, which is pretty cool. There are some enjoyable moments in the other tracks as well. Its just too much on the pop side, specifically Color. They need to restore the balance of light and heavy they had mastered on NOW.

Does anyone feel they're trying really hard to land on a major label?

Idk, I didn't really think it was pure crap, but it was kinda lame overall. Sunrise was pretty good until it cut off, lol. But yeah, Flower was unnecessary and Color was just pretty boring.

I can only guess they're trying new things again.

Sunrise was pretty good until it cut off, lol.?

I'm sure no one was happy with that.

I am going to give it a 7/10. Its not really what I usually listen to, but I like it.

I was having high hopes for Girugamesh with this release and I kind of liked the previews, but after hearing the whole songs it's just a complete disappointment. It's just really bland and boring. I don't mind how bands evolve or experiment and I don't mind pop/rock at all, but the songs sucked hard.

5/10

Does anyone feel they're trying really hard to land on a major label?

I do, especially now that they confirmed a new single for October. The usual, trying to make a breakthrough by bombarding new stuff. If they are not major in about two years, i'll giggle my ass off.

I have never in my life found a Girugamesh song half decent, so guess it won't be a suprise when i won't give this one a rating. Some props for the glimmer of hope during Flower but then faded away with the wind. It seems that their drummer had fell asleep during the recordings and got the drum machine to do this one, cool. Guess that's all i'm going to say, as i really, really dislike this band.

Not as bad as I thought, there is a trace of nu metal on the first track and the second track is pretty funky, but still. Bland for them. Need to do better.

At least, I think those are the two tracks that sounded like what I just described. Iunno, can't put name to sound XD

I read all the hate for this single and was quite surprised. I thought this release was rather good.

Color - This sounds like an Anime opening, like arya said. The chorus could've been better. Not the best track on the single, but nice to listen to anyway, because I absolutely love Satoshi's vocals in this one. 8/10

Sunrise - Yes. Just, FUCK YES. I absolutely love this song! It makes me want to jump around in the living room (which I can't, since people are visiting now) It's something I didn't expect them to do, which made it ever better! I love Ryo's drums btw! 10/10

Flower - This song has a bit of a swing to it, and I was kind of scared it wouldn't fit them. I was wrong, it seems. They do a great job at this one, but I still think Sunrise is better. 9/10

Overall: 9/10

This isn't as girugamesh used to be, but I like the fact that they are experimenting, and that they want to show they are not a one-trick-pony.

Color: 8/10 - Nice song, not hard, but very easy to listen to.

Sunrise: 8/10 - Was weird at first, but i ended up liking it, quite different.

Flower: 8.5/10 - The best of them, nice lyrics, nice rythm, liked it a lot.

Sign in to follow this