Sign in to follow this  
sai

Girugamesh - Inochi no Ki

So, Girugamesh is one of my favorite bands. I liked their last release COLOR aside from the title song, so I hope they made a good one out of this one as well.

Inochi no Ki - Kind of boring. The instrumental is good, but the chorus is plain boring, so are the vocals. They made it way too long, and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I like the solo though. 6.5/10

Vision - I expected this to be better. It's boring, just like the first track, but instead of the first one, this actually has something that I haven't heard before. It's decent, but nothing special 7.5/10

Endless wing - Judging from the title this better be cool. I like the synth and the rapping. Oh please, don't ruin the chorus...Chorus is decent. It's also a bit boring, but it's better than the first two songs. OK, I'm halfway through this and I feel like checking out some other songs. Nevermind, I'll listen it out to the end. As good as Vision: 7.5/10

Overall rating: 7/10

It's decent. Nothing really special. I hope the next release will be better than this. Girugamesh was never the best at ballads, but Inochi no Ki is just....no.

Better than there last single which was utter garbage, but still nothing special.

Girugamesh was never the best at ballads, but Inochi no Ki is just....no.

Seriously? What about Kowarete Iku Sekai?!?

Inochi no Ki - This song is like decent. It's like the song you enjoy listening to if it came up while your itunes was shuffling through songs,but you would never actually click on it deliberately. Love the instrumental and the vocals, but very forgettable song. 3/5

Endless Wings - Not to into this song too much. Why it has more of a pressence then the title track, it still is missing a certain factor I can't name it and I wasn't down with the chorus. It's blah. 2.5/5

Vision - Probably the closest to their older music. I miss screams though. I think this is my favorite instrumental out of these songs and the chorus is wonderful too. But like all the other songs, very forgettable. 3/5

Overall: 3/5. Forgettable. I'll probably delete it soon. I really don't have much to say on this, but Girugameshs are starting to lose my interest musically. It's not the fact that thier sound is now catchy pop, it's more so that the songs are missing any substance. At least the NOW album tried a lot of different ideas. But these songs are what a lot of musicians fall into: a set format for a song that'll have mainstream appeal.

actually liked this single a lot. and i was pretty bored with the last one.

^ same here.

i think they're trying to back to their origins in Vision.

that for some people might take it as the highlight for this single.

but all three are equally enjoyable. :)

I quite like this single. Honestly, it totally exceed my expectation because of COLOR which disappointed me very much. I hate color, hate sunrise, hate flower. But every songs in INOCHI NO KI, I would say, although it still differs much from their old style, they're great songs!!!

Inochi no ki

Balland, nothing special, but beautiful.

8/10

Vision & Endless Wings

Love them very much. These two songs give me a feeling that they are making great progress in every areas, especially vocal and bass!

8.5/10

they were amazing once.. and then they started to release and release and release and release and release.

so I did no have any expectation whatsoever.

Inochi no ki is blah. Visions is kinda cool. could be a Lost prophets or Paramore song, though xD

Endless wing reminded me a bit of the older days.

but since you can hear a slight step forward in their music (after two albums and many singles wihtout any kind of improvement or change) this was not as disappointing as the ones before.

4/10

love all of them.prefer this single over COLOR to be honest ^^

and still love the new direction :)

イノ??ノキ(8,5/10)

great ballad song.and the chorus is really catchy on ear.the harmonic is really great.

but still 壊れ?????世界 is the best ballad song Girugamesh ever made IMO.

Vision (8/10)

The intro reminds me of CRAZY FLAG! and love how Nii type his guitar in the song.solo seems okay! it's Nii style :D

Shuu Bass Driving is also great in this song ! and why just Satoshi only growl once at the end of the song? he just really do it all over the song lol

Endless Wing (9/10)

This is the best song in this single IMO! Shuu are doing his Bass Flaping again. love that! just like "driving time" song.

the electronic effect of the song makes this song more wonderful!

overall (8,5/10)

This is really enjoyable single ATM.for me it's not forgetable. i will remember this single :)

and i can't wait for them to playing this whole single Live @???屋市ElectricLadyLand 楽?????????ー??

I think it's way better than COLOR.

I actually enjoyed all three songs. And I don't really have a favorite among them. I'm leaning towards the title song though. It's nothing special, true, but it's a job well done. Very catchy too.

7/10 for the whole single. It's good.

It's okay. I think i liked it better than color, but i'm already missing even stuff like now and music. Of course if i had it my way they would go back to stuff more like there self titled album or reason for crying but it's not that bad, i just dont like this giru as much as the old giru.

Song 1: 6.5/10

Song 2: 7.5/10

Song 3: 6/10

6.5/10 Overall. I've heard worse, but to me this just isnt giru. It's bringing back bitter memories of alice nine and i dont like that...

pure shit.

only liked Visions a little :/

i know that bands evolves and want to make another things but this... *sigh*

actually liked this single a lot. and i was pretty bored with the last one.

^ same here.

i think they're trying to back to their origins in Vision.

that for some people might take it as the highlight for this single.

but all three are equally enjoyable. :)

+1

It's obvious where they're going, and I knew for a while that I won't go with them. I wish Giru the best, though.

rating: happy animu openings/10

Stop ruining the thread. :( GIRUGAMESH IS GIRUGAMESH.

I really like this single alot.It is way more better than the previous one! I really recommend listeners to plug their ears back because "Inochi no Ki" is a very beautiful song!

"Vision" and "Endless wing" not that bad. Love it.

I would give 9/10. Looking forward for next release of Girugamesh!

Inochi no Ki - Nice ballad, beautiful, but it just not sounds like Giru. Color was poppish, but actually a fast and fun song (for me at least). Still a nice song to hear - 7.5/10

Vision - Screams, fast instrumentals, thats the old Girugamesh. Still wasn't very catchy for me. It's this single's Flower, just not nearly as good - 8/10

Endless Wing - Didn't like it, suffered the opposite effect of the other 2 songs, i liked them more as I gave them more listens, and disliked this one more. 6/10

Overall: 7/10 - 2 nice songs, a bad one, not as good as Color for me, but I will still check them out, in the future.

Stop ruining the thread. :( GIRUGAMESH IS GIRUGAMESH.

I really like this single alot.It is way more better than the previous one! I really recommend listeners to plug their ears back because "Inochi no Ki" is a very beautiful song!

"Vision" and "Endless wing" not that bad. Love it.

I would give 9/10. Looking forward for next release of Girugamesh!

Ears are unplugged, all i hear is three bad songs, Girugamesh now suck.

I enjoyed this single a lot. For those who say Giru sucks, please explain in details why they suck? Be professional and do not say that they've turn poppy. Poppy music do not suck.

Theu suck because they make shitty, boring, generic riffs with crappy basslines, boring as fuck drumming and annoying vocals. And on top of that they manage to get a production so lame and shitty your ears start to bleed.

This new single was just as shitty as everything else released after S/T. Can't understand why I still check out their new releases when everything they release is garbage. Jeez!

I enjoyed this single a lot. For those who say Giru sucks, please explain in details why they suck? Be professional and do not say that they've turn poppy. Poppy music do not suck.

I don't like it. I love their stuff up to the second album (included) and some songs released after (enishi, crying rain). It's just how I feel - it's music, it's completely subjective. They changed, lots of people don't like the change, they write about it on the internet. Usual stuff. You still like them? Good for you, but just deal with it ;P

Boring generic crap...

Girugamesh is dying.

Agree.Decent but nothing special D:

Vision was great though.

7/10

I don't know what's happened to them this year, but both this single and COLOR feel so generic and uninspired. They almost don't feel like the same band anymore, the band I have loved since 13s reborn.

They seem to be trying to make copies of their previous hits now. Does anyone get a Owari to Mirai vibe from Vision? And a Suiren vibe from the other two songs? Its so hard to tell if they are trying to progress their sound or just replicate the formula that has gotten them by for so long.

If you disregard their entire discography, and judge the songs alone, they aren't bad. But taking into account everything they've created, it seems like they have run out of ideas.

Vision is probably the only song I will come back to listen to. Endless wing is annoyingly bad. Inochi no Ki is bland. But Vision has that fraction of hope that they might be able to churn out some half decent songs on the upcoming album.

4/10

Sign in to follow this