3. Aliene Ma'riage

4. Due'le quartz

5. Malice Mizer

6. Baiser

7. Missalina Rei

8. Kagrra

9. Dir en grey (old school times)

10. Verfe~gorl

I am not a die-hard fan of any bands although there are bands I like more than others, but it is the sound (old school VK) that I am more attracted to and that I search for everytime I come across a new band. However, these are the bands the I like the most and listen to the most. Although there are some other bands left behind because it is only ten we can list.

1. Nightmare

2. 9goats Black out

3. the PIASS

4. Malice Mizer

5. Dir en grey [VK times]

6. Rentrer en Soi

7. exist trace

8. X Japan

9. Girugamesh

10. Versailles

.. The order gets wahsed up in the last 5 ones. Bands that didn't quite make it into the list: Phantasmagoria (I only love their softer songs =requiem floral edition), DELUHI (sometimes great, sometimes SUPER CHEESY), Sendai Kamotsu (their new songs are horse shit), Nega (vocalist kills it, though big potential), DEATHGAZE (don't think they're very autonomous these days), lynch (only one album was phenomenal =the avoided sun; the rest is meh), Xodiack (too little material, though totally GREAT).

Okay, that's really difficult to me, especially when it comes to VK >_< My taste and my fondness of certain bands and their music may change annually, so the list I can provide is showing the current state of my favourites. (and even choosing just 10 of those many faves is hard for me)

1. emmurée – currently the band I really love listening to when I go to walk, drive to school or go shopping. Their music is really varied from calming rock songs to really energetic post-punky songs with the kind of late 90s Nagoya kei flair á la Merry go Round that I like

2. La'Mule – because Kon is just amazing and they did a lot of really awesome songs

3. Phobia – old Nagoya kei rules and I just like Kisuis unique voice

4. Merry go Round – More Nagoya love

5. Dir en grey – I don't listen to them as much as I used too. Their new material doesn't really make me hooked as much and I start to neglect their earlier material lately too. Regardless of that they still will be one of my top faves, and if it's just because of nostalgia

6. Syndrome – Mostly their Tatsuya era stuff. Typical Matina music I favor, so that place can be basically representative of any Matina band (DAS:VASSER, AZALEA, Eze:quL, etc)

7. Madeth gray'll – a Matina band that deserves its own mention, because they are A. Kvlt Veekay, B. one of my first old school visual kei finds C. just really cool in their own way

8. Aliene Ma'riage – My really very first old school VK band, apart from old Dir en grey. I mostly started out in the first half of the 2000s with the bands active and popular at this time, so I wasn't really aware things like Aliene existed. When I found them via watching old Diru PVs I felt like I was finally discovering something I have always searched for. They aren't my absolute top faves anymore, but I will always love Aliene (and I hope Kyouka gets shit together and starts a new official band that lasts longer than one year)

9. Kuroyume – well, mostly their stuff from the beginning to ca. 1994. Feminism is the last record I can listen to.

10. グリーヴァ – relatively new and more an homage band, but I enjoy listening to their old school nostalgia wrapped in modern producing technology. And maybe they will use their potential in the future and create something entirely on their own

honourable mentions:

Moi dix Mois – basically my very first VK band ever. They are still my most played band at lastfm, though not counting all the failed to scrobble from ipod attempts. I stopped listening to them, because I didn't feel their music anymore

D'espairsRay – same story as with Moi dix Mois. Though I may jam some of their songs from time to time

Buck-Tick – didn't include them because 1. not sure if they are really that VK-ish 2. they are faves, but not top faves

LUNA SEA
Shiver

a lot of other old Nagoya kei bands, such as Sleep my Dear, ROUAGE, Laputa or early Fanatic Crisis. Late Nagoya kei is my fave thing too (Lamiel, Blast, Vizell, Kein…)

Metis Gretel

Lately I am also really starting to like La'veil Mizeria, Ru:natic, AION and Cell. But let's just stop here.

The first three bands are my absolute favorites, after them there's no particular order:

the studs

Kagerou

deadman

the god and death stars

KYOKUTOU GIRL FRIEND

baroque (-2004)

kannivalism

MUCC (-2006)

Merry

Dir en grey

1 | LAREINE

2 | Moran

3 | Vidoll

4 | amber gris

5 | Dali

6 | Irokui

7 | Dolly

8 | Fatima

9 | 9GOATS BLACK OUT

10 | Sugar

I like a lot more than these, and you can probably fit Malice Mizer and old-school Dir in there somewhere since they were a big part of my youth. SHAZNA too.

Wow. Reading through the ones until now, seems like the Gazette really got lost lately...

Yeah, I think the users here enjoy talking about the gazette more than they actually enjoy listening to them, heh.

1. brq (2001-2004)

but i'll accept anything up to mellow hollow. old brq was pretty darn cool--i mean tokyo stripper, anakuro film and m to tsumiki asobi. pretty soon after kei became the main composer the style of course shifted considerably but it was still good. idk many vk bands that sound much like old brq and i always loved their old style. their comeback started off rather successfully but since then the quality has noteably dropped, two members are missing, and anything that made ryo's voice unique and stand out has been destroyed (noteably it seems to have consciously been done by him--he apparently believes his voice has improved so much and talked a lot about it at a live my friend went to last year...) and is kind of nasaly and bland now imo. but the old stuff was awesome. 

2. kannivalism

3.Souiumono
 they've a mixed bag when it comes to their music. i know a lot of people who are put off by their looks but they've got some solid songs in my opinion (and not so solid ones lol but I like them anyway). this is the band i listen to the most often these days, especially since brq went downhill. but the real magic is watching/hearing them live. i think it would be really hard to dismiss them if you went to a show..
4. Hana Shounen Baddies
5. RUVISH
Unfortunately they seem to be under the radar. I found them at a live I was going to and was hooked by the second time I saw them... It's unfortunate to see Ruka going (he brought a lot charisma-wise to lives) and I'm interested to see how they recuperate from him leaving.
6. cali gari
7. Sel'm
I have only listened to Ryuga as the vocalist and nothing before that. 
8. rice
admittedly a little one note--but at least it's a very nice note.
9. Yeti
10. Serial Number
They were one of my first VK bands and I'm sentimental. Also, I like fun songs.

honorable mentions:
Shounenki (too new to my list)
Minus Jin-Say Orchestra (too new to my list)
cocklobin (their spark is gone and their energy deflated--it only has come back a bit after they announced their breakup)
GIGAMOUS (too new)
ensoku (something has to be said for Ensoku live; Buu is one hell of a frontman)

My list of top ten favorite VK bands to see live would be different (mostly the order would be different and at least one of the honorable mentions would be on the list), though...

Now is so difficult say only 10,, 

1.Kagrra,

2. Carpe Diem

3. D

4. Onmyouza

5.duel Jewel

6.Asaki

7.Vaniru

8. Hollowgram

9. penicillin

10. Cell

cali≠gar, annabyss coast, Diaura. 12012, buck tick, la´mule , D`easpairs Ray, Rentrer en soi, Ayabie, Nogod, Aube, vidoll, Cocklobin, V [Neu], †яi¢к , 179 biz, D Shade.. etc.. etc.. 

I dont think i can put them in order but:

Kiryu

Matenrou Opera

Phantasmagoria

Versailles

Malice Mizer

Moi Dix Mois

Hizaki Grace Project

Nude

Lin

Jupiter

A few others i like are Baiser, Charlotte, Cell, Barby...

This could change.

1. Lycaon (it took a while but they made it)
  2. xepher
  3. dali
  4. aikaryu
  5. ayabie (2004-2006 + cubic'「l r」ock)
  6. LM.C
  7. dio
  8. reload
  9. raddock
  10. old giru

Bands i wanted to put

Memento mori
Lustknot.
aicle
v-last

kiryu

Bands who could make it

wing works
d'ual
Xenon
blitz
the raid.
Birth of sixx-6-

Far East Dizain

By:ARLANT

Edited by blackdoll

Some of my top bands / artists overall:

TM. Revolution

Abingdon Boys

Gackt

DIV

Unite

SID

L`arc en Ciel

Kra

Vivid

Old Alice Nine

Vamps

Alsdead

DOG intheParallelWorldOrchestra

New Girugamesh

SuG

No particular order but Takanori is definitely my number one due to TMR and ABS

The order may not be accurate but if I had to choose ten:

1. NIGHTMARE

2. GALEYD

3. Chemical Pictures
4. SKULL

5. KuRt

6. DIV

7. Black gene for the next scene
8. Girugamesh
9. Crazy Shampoo
10. Hi:BRiD ( with jill/garo as vocals)

Honorable mentions:
Kannivalism
Kei
Gremlins
Hanamuke
kiss my way
My BACTERIA HEAT IsLAND (too new to add to list )

OK here I go..

- the GazettE ( I always love them.. no matter everybody say about them..I will not stop listening because they are now known / famous and, there are girls "gazeliebers" lol )

- SADS ( I know is more "Glam" than VK, but I want to put in the list <3 :3 )

- Kuroyume 

- KuRt

- Girugamesh
- MEJIBRAY

- Lynch. 

- MUCC 

- VAMPS ( I don't know if they enter in VK concept but still.. )

OK here I go..

- the GazettE ( I always love them.. no matter everybody say about them..I will not stop listening because they are now known / famous and, there are girls "gazeliebers" lol )

That's right, that's the way to do it. How to like the thing: Like the thing.

• Phantasmagoria
  • 凛 -the end of corruption world-
  • Versailles/LAREINE (I really can't choose, and both simply have to be included in here)
  • MALICE MIZER
  • D
  • Megaromania
  • amber gris
  • X JAPAN
  • NightingeiL
  • ネガ

I don't think any of these need any specific explanation as of why they are my favourites. A lot of names speak for themselves.

1. MUCC
  2. girugamesh
  3. cocklobin
  4. NoGoD
  5. xTRiPx
  6. Sel'm
  7. D'espairsRay
  8. 12012
  9. DELUHI
  10. RENTRER EN SOI

Man, most of this list hurts me to think about anymore.

excuse me ma'am what about skull

even though some of them are still 'new' bands here're I go (:

- Mejibray

- D'espairsRay

- MY BACTERIA HEAT IsLAND

- Dir en grey

- D.I.D

- KuRt/Chemical Pictures

- lynch.

- BORN

- 9Goats Black out

- AvelCain

In no particular order really

-BORN

-D'espairsRay

-Nightmare

-DIV

-Belmosaic

-A (エース)

-Xepher

-the GazettE

-girugamesh

-Purple Stone

excuse me ma'am what about skull

They are in the top 20 for sure!! Right next to ClearVeil & Dir en grey. But over the years some might have squeezed them out of the top 10... ^^;

凛 -the end of corruption world-

アンティック-珈琲店-

摩天楼オペラ

Jupiter

KAMIJO

Versailles

LM.C

LIPHLICH

己龍

カメレオ

That's for now, but it keeps evolving. 9GOATS BLACK OUT and HOLLOWGRAM are definitively in my fav too. MUCC and X JAPAN too, but they're mostly J-rock now so…

凛 -the end of corruption world-

the new lin right?