Sign in to follow this  
Guest 膣分泌液

MUCC - Karma

halfway through now, and really can't remember shit from it... Maybe it would be nice as a background tune or something because Tatsurou's voice fits in with the music style, but actively listening to it... nah...

I'm not going to download this, but rather wait for the EU release, so this message is pretty much offtopic. I just had to say something when pretty much everyone said they've lost all hope on MUCC and everything. I mean, you just automatically condemn a band as irredeemable when they release a single album that you even agree isn't actually all bad but "just listenable"?

*shrugs* my only real complaint is the fact there was only one *heavy* song [Lion], and it was awful... but that complaint has dated back since after Shion... [they can't seem to write any *heavy* songs anymore] and we got left with all this whimsical and eletronical output.

that and I do really in fact consider that to be in their bottom 3 releases, but as you said, at least the songs were listenable [to an extent]. either way, hope is not abandoned... it's just waiting to be noticed by them, hah. [and if this were a 'break' to prepare for an onslaught, then I'll change my tune on this ;)].

^ Even if I'm still too afraid to listen it, I blame Miya for that - he's the one who makes these the most awful songs nowadays. ;D And he's the one who made 1. to 7. tracks. Really, they should put Satochi to do their future songs, maybe he'll bring them up again! (*wishful thinking*)

It's been a while since I've given such a detailed review, but I'll try my best. This is the first Mucc album I've ever heard, so I'm not familiar with any of their music.

Chemical Parade - Just an intro which sounds like a horrible techno song they play on the radio and that makes me want to throw the radio out of the window. Probably one of the worst intros I've ever heard. 3/10

Falling Down (Organic Edition) - Tatsurou saying "Falling Down" at the beginning sounds really fucked up. I really like the guitar, it does a lot for me. But then the amazing guitar gets traded for the horrible boring chorus. Tatsurou's voice sounds nice, but that's all there is. The synth sounds kind of nice. Basically everything about this song is good, except the chorus. Didn't hear the original version though. Ending riffs are good too. I'll go with a 7.5/10

Zeroshiki - Nice intro, just like Falling Down. Another thing it shares with Falling Down is that it's really good until it gets to the chorus. Is this going to happen with all of the songs on this album? If so, I will be very, VERY disappointed. Once again I like the synth. Nice guitar solo. 7/10 because of the bad chorus.

Chemical Parade Blue - I like the synth, but the beginning sounds a bit like a Rihanna song would start (and I hate Rihanna). Chorus sounds alot like Rihanna too. Sorry, but when the instruments kick in it's good, but the Rihanna like parts are horrible. Sorry can't listen any further, I'll just go to the next one, this is just making me angry. Oh wait, there's the solo. NICE. Nevermind, it'll stay a 4/10 anyway.

A. - Starts good, but the chorus once again RUINS it. The vocals are kind of bad in the chorus, but it's not horrible. Nice solo, once again. This song is nothing special though, I know way better ballads than this one. 4/10

I Am Computer - LOL@TITLE. Seriously, that's one of the lamest titles I've ever heard. The computer/robot sound in the beginning is absolutely horrible. The instruments don't really make it better, it's just plain annoying. I don't really feel like listening this through to the end, but I'll do it for the sake of a good review. It's nothing memorable, it's better than A., but still one I won't put on my iPod. Vocals are good in the chorus, but this time the instruments ruin it. 5/10

Karma - Seriously? A filler? Jesus, if you're going to make a filler, don't make it three and an half minutes!! Especially if it doesn't have any instruments and is just an annoying techno song with a very annoying (sort of) gaming sound in the background. Makes me want to throw the radio out of the window again! MOVING ON. 1/10

Corruption - Okay, we're going to have some slow jazz here. I don't really like slow jazz, my dad plays it all day long on his surround system in the living room, it's driving me nuts. Tatsurou's English is bad. I can't understand half he's singing, but he's better than the GazettE's Ruki I suppose. Is the whole song going to be in English? If so, I'll be moving on, since it's boring, horrible English and a lot more that makes me want to puke. I want to give it a 4, but I just can't. Chorus is kind of "sexy" meant? 3/10

Circus - Kind of makes me want to move. Beginning is kind of boring, but the pre-chorus and the trumpets are pretty good. Chorus is really relaxing. I like the part where Tatsurou goes really high. I think I'll keep this one for when I want to relax. 7.5/10

Polaris -Boring. Makes me want to go skip through a field with gnomes. Untill the chorus kicks in. Then it wants to make me cry. I'm just making stuff up. 6/10

Lion - I felt like we were going to headbang and jump when I heard the first few seconds. You can headbang, but just keep down the jumping. Vocals sound kind of bad, I like the instruments though. It's nothing special, but I like the WHOAA!! in the background at a certain point. And I really like the solo. Still nothing special though, it feels like I've heard this before. 6/10

Feather - Another ballad. I hope it's better than the previous two ballads. It's nothing special, honestly, I guess Mucc ballads just aren't my thing. It could've had more power, it's just so "meh" :| This time the chorus is good but the pre-chorus isn't.

Yakusoku (Original Lyric Version) - Alright, this sounds pretty nice! I've heard this one before (someone sent me the video) but except that the pre-chorus was pretty boring the chorus makes up for it (it's the other way around now lol). I remember liking the one with the other lyrics better. Nonetheless: 8/10

Freesia (Karma Edit) - Hmm...I like the intro. Could've been made by Linkin Park. The synth sounds less good now, they should've kept it out, it would've sounded way better that way. I really like the guitar. I'll listen the real version of Freesia and hope it doesn't have synth, that way I think I'll like it better. This is a ballad I like, and that I will definitely keep. The chorus is brilliant and absolutely beautiful 9/10

Overall rating: 5/10

This kind of disappointed me. The only song I really enjoyed was Freesia, and that was just a quick remake of an old version. Falling Down wasn't that bad either, but the chorus ruined it. Lots of choruses were bad on this album. I think I'll give some old Mucc albums a listen. Recommendations, anyone?

Congrats, MUCC, you've outdone yourself.

Waste of space :( *Deletes*

Recommendations, anyone?

Dunno about others, but my favourite is Kuchiki no tou. Listen to awesome songs like Daremo inai ie or Genntou sanka, thank me later.

so I only listen to it some days ago... and I can only remember falling down, because I dislike it so much.

and I didn't feel the urge to listen to it again.

first time I thought, it was not that bad, but as I now realise that none of the tracks stuck in my head or weren't even so good to listen it again... ... weak.

good bye Mucc.

2/10

So, after a deep listening...

When I listened it for first time I didn't know what to think. I'm used to their older stuffs...

And I must say I'm a quite enemy of synthetizer and autotune (I had to read what is what :lol: ) It's cool nowadays to use it, isn't it?

Chemical Parade - 0/10 bleh

フォーリングダウン Organic Edition - Really better than the single version! but nothing extra 5/10

零色 - I quite like it, but the refrain (if I can call it like that :D) is really awful 5/10

ケミカルパレードブルーデイ - not bad 7/10

A. - this is just lovely I like it 8/10

アイアムコンピュータ - this is a really crazy one, but what, I like it, especially the part when he sings "hanashite"... 8/10

業 - What is this?? -(minus!)10/10

堕?? - :Umno: His engrish! °~° Please! keep sing in japanese!

サーカス - I like the start when he is saying Ladies and gentlemans, (does he really say "are you fuckin' ready"? :D) I like that it really sounds like from circus... but I don't like a whole song... 6/10

??ラリス - another lovely ballad, it's like from some fairy tale 9/10

ライオン - only one heaviest song, like wrote Phones666 I like the WHOA parts 7.7/10

約?? Original Lyric ver. - a difference from the single one I hear only on the start, (I don't know japanese except few words and sentences :lol:)

フリージア Karma Edit - I like it more than single one, that's it... 8.5/10

Summary:

some parts are really very good but I guess the songs I quite like pall on to me (except ballads I think, it's hard to say :D). Fortunately these things I hate aren't everywhere like some do. The album isn't their worst IMO but hmmm i don't think it's possible to compare it to other albums of theirs... It's just something else. They like to experiment - 5.99/10

just dreadfull this album=S mucc gone slow. only like falling down, has something catchy to it.

the rest of the album just damn, couldnt get my attention. i loved their previous albums, this is their first let down for me. but 2/3 singles before sucked, so it was to be expected

heavy disappointment, which is strange since i pretty much adore every other album by them (even the ones, that everybody else seems to hate, like shion, gokusei and kyutai).

i'm used to delete a lot of their tracks since they experiment so much and some tracks are simply not my taste, but on this album everything is just plain boring, overproduced and pointless.

only song which managed to stay in my head is that jazz thing, but unfortunately couldn't help noticing that satochi isn't able to do an acceptable jazz-beat and as usual japanese-english sounds almost always terrible.

please mucc go back to making some experimental, trashy/freaky, minimalistic songs

album sucks. overall 0.1/10 ( .1 just for not being girugamesh, although they seem to follow their track...)

I have gaven up on Mucc, I didn't even bother listening to this album.

I seen a preview for their new pv and it was disco-like and it sounded like shit, and that turned me off right there. I only listen to their old stuff.

Yeah, I realize that this was released a thousand years ago, but I finally listened to it anyway. . .

I have to say this release was the most devoid of emotion of any MUCC album I have ever heard in my life. On top of that, everything just sounds awful (Tatsurou's voice especially), not to mention terribly boring. MUCC just needs to let this type of music go and focus on something else or just stop making any altogether, in my opinion.

It doesn't really deserve an effort to rate it or anything. BLEH.

"but KARMA showcases the fact that MUCC is more than just another drop-D tuned VK band with a chip on their shoulder and a contract in their hands." - Wind's sentence pretty much describes everything.

Metalhead haters gonna hate, but this album is VERY good. Shows that they aren't stuck in one area, they can do whatever they feel like doing. I wouldn't be surprised if their next album is some awesome "industrial-post-hardcore-metal-dark-punk" and people will start loving them again. faves are the new ver. of Falling Down, Chemical Parade Blueday, A., I am Computer & Circus.

I'm open minded ( the post above me ), but i find it the worst album of the year. Maybe people just hate crappy synths, excessive use of autotune, lackluster composition and no where near note worthy instrumental performance. Though i provided no examples of those, so i proved nobody wrong, but doing the same thing except this time " it's good for the things i listed here " is equally worthless when declaring the album very good, or bad ( when stating it as a fact of course ).

Thus i am too lazy to go on detail, but i will say that i enjoyed it as much as eating molten rock. 0/10 from me.

"but KARMA showcases the fact that MUCC is more than just another drop-D tuned VK band with a chip on their shoulder and a contract in their hands." - Wind's sentence pretty much describes everything.

Metalhead haters gonna hate, but this album is VERY good. Shows that they aren't stuck in one area, they can do whatever they feel like doing. I wouldn't be surprised if their next album is some awesome "industrial-post-hardcore-metal-dark-punk" and people will start loving them again. faves are the new ver. of Falling Down, Chemical Parade Blueday, A., I am Computer & Circus.

I could care less how "metal" they are. Actually, I prefer their songs that are less dark and heavy. There are times when wading out of one area can cost you the things that made people love you in the first place and that is exactly what happened here for me. If they just decided to make regular generic hard rock or garage songs, I'd actually be happier than if they decided to go all [insert sophisticated-sounding obscure genre].

I'm not convinced a single song on the album is remotely good from any perspective. I would be positive that this change means something good in the future and that they'll venture in something extraordinary, but I tried being positive after Shion and I tried being positive after Kyutai and things just only got worse every time so I'm not sure being positive after Karma is going to be worth it.

I don't need a clarifying introductory sentence:

I thought I would be disappointed, and I wasn't. this shocked me to my very core due to the fact that I didn't really like the singles MUCC has put out for the last year. Imagine my surprise when, suddenly, MUCC can do other things musically! Sure, it isn't their strongest effort(far from it), but KARMA showcases the fact that MUCC is more than just another drop-D tuned VK band with a chip on their shoulder and a contract in their hands.

7/10

This. Certainly not album of the year, but I've been enjoying it quite a bit.

I never said anything about this, because often my kneejerk reactions to MUCC's new stuff isn't what holds up over time. Except for Kyuutai, that did, lol. It seems like people either hated or loved this album, which is weird, because I have friends that are kind of "old-MUCC" biased and THEY thought it was really great. But tbh, I thought it was pretty boring. I can't work up stronger feelings than that in either direction, lol.

Still like Zeroshiki and Freesia, but vastly preferred the single version of Falling Down, so that doesn't really get points either. Everything else just kind of bored me, and it has rather sad replay value to boot. If I wanted this sort of music, I think I'd listen to iLL. =/

Sign in to follow this