Sign in to follow this  
Guest 膣分泌液

MUCC - Karma

1 Chemical Parade

- Do like. But it's an intro sadly.

2 フォーリングダウン Organic Edition

- Better than the single version, hasn't got the obnoxious sirens. Still a crap song though.

3 零色

- Not bad, would've been a good lo-fi song, but they overproduced it.

4 ケミカルパレードブルーデイ

- JFC this is awful. Cheap sounding synth strings, obnoxious autotune and the drums are awful - rare for Mucc.

5 A.

Bd3fo.gif

- Sounds like a shit Acidman track. Goes on a minute and a half too long.

6 アイアムコンピュータ

WbZ7A.gif

- If the previous track was mashed with that awesome Plastic Tree song with Onan Spelmermaid in the PV, it'd sound like this. Only if you removed any traces of Plastic Tree goodness. Just no.

7 業

lqDvu.gif

- ...what the fuck is this. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME MUCC. The synth oh god the synth.

8 堕??

- Why more caligariesque jazz, didn't you learn anything from the last single. Plus the high-hat makes it even cheesier.

9 サーカス

- ...This sounds so much like a S.Q.F song. Srsly what is going on here, this album. All of the songs lack depth too, they're so texturally thin thanks to the Acidman guitarwork they've got going on.

10 ??ラリス

- This is the best song so far. And that says a lot. The first verse is terrible, with the cheap sounding (again. Srsly thought your budget was higher) string pizz. The only consolation is the gorgeous arrangements in the choruses, second verse and bridge to the second chorus. An oboe leading the first solo? Judging you arranger.

11 ライオン

- Meh, I don't care for their heavier tracks that much. Nice chorus though.

12 羽

- Lolol, this is the Hanabi of the album. Sounds incredibly like another of their ballads, wish I could work out which one. The modulation at 4 minutes, urgh. 6 minutes for this song, really?

13 約?? Original Lyric ver.

- Wasn't a fan originally. Still not.

14 フリージア Karma Edit

- The first two minutes are pretty poor, but once it builds up it's good. Glad they didn't completely butcher it.

---

GWAZ2.gif

...Mucc tries to be a hybrid of Acidman and Adapter and creates this ungodly abortion. Awful arrangements and the songs lack depth 2/10.

first time I've felt bored halfway through a MUCC album. :[

zeroshiki and lion are pretty cool, but nothing else really stands out at all.

The Tanisha gif sums up my thoughts on this album.

Every tanisha gif sums up the album:

F5p96.gif

zKERF.gif

Edit: and smh at the people not getting the caligari references in the jazz:

t90eJa-9kdE

Chemical Parade

Sounds more like a random instrumental track rather than a intro. Will probably still get the audiance pumped during lives though. 7/10

Falling Down Organic edition

They should have had the original here instead, much better. Still awesome track! 8/10

Zeroshiki

Catchy track, electro disco everywere. Feels like the song never gets started though, just a long intro almost, but yeah, the catchy stuff makes up for it. 5/10

Chemical Parade Blueday

One of my favorites from the album, also catchy, quite similar to the previous but alot better. Will probably be stuck in my head for a long time. 9/10

A.

Probably the most boring track on the album, doesnt fit in the album that well either. So yeah boring ballad. 2/10

I am robot

another ballad, but with alot more electro sound to it. Quite good. 5/10

very simple sounding instrumental track, very catchy melody. 7/10

Corruption

Jazz song, with Tatsuro singing in english. stands out alot in the album. Feels weird the first times you listen to it but gets better over time. 7/10

Circus

dont really know what to say or think about this track, well it also got a jazz sound to it. 5/10

Polaris

Another ballad, better then the previous ones though. got a great feel to it and Tatsuros voice really shines here. 7/10

Lion

The only track on the album that has some heavy sounds, awesome intro riff and Tatsurou does a scream for once. Very catchy melody, defently one of my favorites from the album 8/10

feather

Another ballad, got some piano and acoustic guitar in it. 5/10

Yakusoku (Original Lyric Version)

Sounds like the original, but like it says, some difference in the lyrics, dont think ive heard the difference yet though. But anyway great song, should have been in the middle of the album instead of near the end. 8/10

Freesia (Karma edit)

Sounds alot like the original and is the best calm song on the album, awesome. 9/10

Overall this album is great, stands out alot from their previous stuff wich i think its good, even though Kyutai was alot better than this album. So yeah 7/10.

I honestly have to admit that this is possibly my second/third least favorite of their albums... right after Zekuu. [yes, kill me]

5/10...

What a mess. What is with the Euro disco from hell? The ballads put me to sleep, yet were the least offensive thing on the album probably. I actually somewhat like 業, because it's sort of like Shibuya kei if Shibuya kei was boring. The jazz track was amusing, because of Tatsurou's English and the fact that it probably had the most emotion of all the tracks on the album. The following song didn't piss me off too bad either, though I had a little Rip Slyme flashback there at some point. Not sure if he said "funkastic" or "fantastic", but that was odd.

But yeah, I think Tim Gunn has the general idea down.

Haha , I'll have problem chosing the best album from 2010 (envy , world's end girlfriend , the back horn and some more albums coming) but I have no trobule chosing the worst one. Mucc has officially died for me.

I usually like MUCC's stuff but this sounds kinda weak to me. It's almost as if they said "hey, let's make an electro-pop/rock album" but then they got bored halfway by their own music and went "okay, let's try some slow/old-school stuff instead, maybe it'll be better"...ehh. I mostly like electro/poppy stuff but this somehow didn't click with me (also, I found Tatsurou's voice irritating in some songs, for the first time).

The stuff I did like: Falling Down and Lion are okay, but Circus is absolutely a winner for me! So much badass funk in one song! Too bad the other songs either bored or irritated me.

I won't give a rating. I'll just say that I'm looking forward to MUCC's future releases because eventhough I don't like their recent music, they prove at some instances that they can still make some great stuff...so that makes me wishful I guess, lol.

All tracks pretty much sucked except lion and

that song was only ok, mucc are now dead to me,

i'll just listen to their old stuff.

Verdict: 0/10

I don't need a clarifying introductory sentence:

I thought I would be disappointed, and I wasn't. this shocked me to my very core due to the fact that I didn't really like the singles MUCC has put out for the last year. Imagine my surprise when, suddenly, MUCC can do other things musically! Sure, it isn't their strongest effort(far from it), but KARMA showcases the fact that MUCC is more than just another drop-D tuned VK band with a chip on their shoulder and a contract in their hands.

7/10

I'll just copy paste it from what i've posted on TW's facebook:

O.K. I am just on track 5 (actually track 6 now, as i am doing this), but i can't help to say they has turned into MGMT :D

i like it. but it's just average.

good but not that great.

and like wind, i wasn't disappointed.

within the album, the singles sounds much more bearable and fit in

than when they heard separately.

I don't need a clarifying introductory sentence:

I thought I would be disappointed, and I wasn't. this shocked me to my very core due to the fact that I didn't really like the singles MUCC has put out for the last year. Imagine my surprise when, suddenly, MUCC can do other things musically! Sure, it isn't their strongest effort(far from it), but KARMA showcases the fact that MUCC is more than just another drop-D tuned VK band with a chip on their shoulder and a contract in their hands.

7/10

I currently can't make any thoughts, but I like this.

All tracks pretty much sucked

Verdict: 0/10

This.

Their worst album, like many people predicted.

It has some okay moments but it's no comparison to their other albums.

I can't be bothered to rate each song individually but for an overall rating I can't get higher than a 4/10. Some songs are alright but others just suck too much.

if people compare it to MGMT, ACIDMAN, and being an old-time MUCC-fan, I must try it actually :)

But somehow all of their singles the last 2/3 year kinda sucked, while the albums are pretty good :)

Come on it's not that bad ! I think it is their worst album but still listenable << *This word is English too, right ?*

Listenable is an existing word.

I think only about half of it is listenable, unfortunately.

Sign in to follow this