Guest Magatsu

GOOD/PERFECT (STORY) PV's

Guest Magatsu

We have to many "Not so good PV's"..

So then what are the really GOOD/PERFECT PV's?

And then I'm talking about PV's with a story.

So no PV is allowed without a story. so no boring dancing PV's or nostalgia old PV's where nothing cool happens..

Kinda this kind of PV's

Alright here my favorites.

SaTaN / MAGIC IN YOUR DREAM

I guess this is one of the best examples :D

And to be honest it also looks that its been made with a not that high budjet.

Acid Black Cherry /「未来予想図Ⅱ」

Also nice story to watch :D

Acid Black Cherry / 眠り姫

Part of where you see the band and lot's of story moments :D

Angelo「HE IS A MONKEY」

Amazing song with a cool video :D

Calmando Qual Hedonism

http://youtu.be/vIYrlBJ6bQg

Vulgar  :P

Dir en Grey - Obscure

Vulgar for the win! <3

And I guess more PV's but I can't remember those 1,2,3 out of my head :D

Well drop more please!!~

So story PV's. PV's with great vulgarness (But still edited cool, just as Obscure from Diru).

You know PV's who you really could watch over and over because they are so damn nice.

I think the name of the thread should be different since any PVs can be good ones either having or not a story in them to tell. So telling a story doesn't make a PV intrinsically a good one.

But for the sake of the thread

D - Yami yori Kurai Doukoku no ACAPELLA to Bara yori Akai Jounetsu no ARIA

Guest Magatsu

^ such PV.. well it's really nice edited/filmed. but.. nothing really happens.

Then I would more choose this one from D

But it's true that Stories not always make a PV good. But 99% of the PV's with a story are really nice to watch (^.-)

If anyone knows a better title then drop the topic title!!

ugh no fair, i like dancing but here

kill bad ppl

kill some more ppl in a cult

Lycaon's first one

Guest Magatsu

Xepther.. mm.. it's a bit boring, to much same location... But quality shots are perfect :D -> don't count in this topic.

But yes I totally forgot about NEGA. they have also a few great PV's (^.-)

Ah this one is cool too:

Damijaw :P

http://youtu.be/EO5yfiIMOZ4

HE IS A MONKEY by Angelo is very kind of agressive against christianity.

I have always wanted to read about Kirito's opinion on christianity as it seems that he doesn't like it much.

Now that I am agnotsic I am perfectly fine with the song. Not so much back then when I was a christian xD

Guest Magatsu

@Violetchain

He is such asshole in that PV :P

But yes nice PV. But it could be way more dramatic :P

Vkei bands should also make that kind of PV's :D

@Seikun

I've no clue I never really read any interview or thing. But yet he always pointed out the good points (^.-)

I like Dir en grey's Saku really much. Though the story is sad, I find their sense of humor hilarious - a music video where a boy kills his family because he had watched a Dir en grey music video.

Here's some funny/amazing ones imo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLBjH0iByrg

Also, even though I don't really enjoy most of their music, I have to admit most of Golden Bomber's recent PVs have made me laugh. Example:

@Seikun

I've no clue I never really read any interview or thing. But yet he always pointed out the good points (^.-)

I don't really know whether or not he has been asked his opinion on christianity and religion in general before, but through the lyrics of Mad Sky (PIERROT) and HE IS A MONKEY I knew he kind of can't stand christianity.

Same thing with Kyo (Dir en grey) who just like Kirito seems to have a harsh opinion on christianity from what I have read from fans, but I would be interesting to read their actual words on this.

A song like HE IS A MONKEY could hardly see daylight in the west.

Guest Magatsu

A song like HE IS A MONKEY could hardly see daylight in the west.

Ehh.. that's wrong.

Don't forget about many Metal bands and.. our king "Marilyn Manson". Whos lyrics are also often Anti-Christ :P

So it can also exist and see daylight in the west :D

@Tokage

Oh yes!!!! Nice videos :D that's what I also love!

@Paradoxal

:3 Dir en Gray made good videos. Shocking videos are also so fun :D

Xepther.. mm.. it's a bit boring, to much same location... But quality shots are perfect :D -> don't count in this topic.

you didnt say "cant have too much much of the same location" and it's is a story going on just not a big one (loop hole)

(different audio so the lipsinging if off)

@Paradoxal: you should have posted "Kodou" PV too, considering that it's a "prequel" /"flashback sequel" to Saku PV (and that "Ringu-like twist" in PV is just band's statement in terms of society's effect towards increasing violence through means of media - and this is not my interpretation, but PV director's own ; even though I wouldn't suggest interpreting Saku without watching Kodou after that )

in terms of good "story PVs", the first pv that comes to my mind is L'Arc~en~Ciel's "Pieces", which is hands down one of the "plainest" PVs to me story-wise (you will get the whole imagery etc. right away)

http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/L%2526%2523039%253BArc~en~Ciel---Pieces/e347d80506853d863c9a68b64e59c5a1

to add to Paradoxal's post, I think I should rather throw in Dir's "straightforward story PVs" ( a la "PVs that actually retell the lyrical content of certain song, or interpret it in metaphor-like way"), like for instance - very pro-life "Mazohyst of Decadence" (quiz: guess the lyrical topic)

(NSFW)

or very Requiem-y "Ain't Afraid to Die" - might look a bit cryptic at first due to various religious symbolism.

How did we get this far without a single Psycho le Cemu PV not posted? Those guys were the kings of story PVs

As for the PVs already posted, I'd at least have to say that the Calmando Qual one doesn't belong in this thread XD Terrible production quality and it's pretty much just "band standing around playing in an empty room". Certainly not a story PV, at least XD

Guest Magatsu

I did put that calmando qual video inside because of few vulgair/scary things who are inside the pv. They cut the to much dancing a bit XD but yes even that pv could be so much better (^.-) and its also old PV indie quality 2005-2006.

But bad quality but good pv is of course allowed.

I check all videos tomorrow.

sry, but still i would place like half of it in the other topic. atm have nothing in my mind, but gonna do an search later and try to find some good pv (if there is any).

as far as I remember there are a lot good ones around… but I'd also need to dig them up first.

for now I'll just go with one of my all-time-favourite PV's - it's just animated (even poorly and not up in HQ on YT) but I really love the story, the essence, the feeling of it… watching it helps me when life sucks (don't know if anybody can follow me here).

BLOODTHIRSTY BUTCHERS - JACK NICOLSON

Random order of PVs I could think of (not all have an interesting story, but they're different than all this band playing and posing stuff only):

Sorry guys, but I had to remove a few posts by different people. Please do not spam video links. There's a reason why there is a limit for YT links per post and that's because it really bloats up threads and makes them slow to load.

Instead of just spamming 10 or more videos in consecuitive posts, just pick a few of your most favourite videos. Maybe add a sentence about them.

If you need to post more than that, hide them in spoilers or deep links, so it won't lag down the thread, thanks.