blackdoll

"Not so good" PVs

For me its when the acting sucks, or there nothing to suck you in. i don't mean quality more like you click off the video because it felt like it was noting good to watch, or the moves where bad or didn't match.

Depends on what you mean by "not so good". XD There are a LOT of vk PVs that are just plain boring because the bands rely too much on their fancy outfits, so it's basically just the band standing in some location (forest/empty warehouse/white background/castle), performing the song. That can be nice to look at at times, but more often than not it's just very forgetful, unless you are a huge fan of that band.

Then there are those PVs that are so bad that they are actually good, intentional or not.

A famous example of non-intentional "so-crappy-it's-good" PVs is Vidoll's Occult Proposal.

Cars driving in the background? = classic

An example of intentional (parody-style) "so-crappy-it's good PVs" is NANDAKANDA by サウイフモ.

But yeah, I consider both these videos highly entertaining. XD

Sadly I cannot really contribute to the category of "Boring, forgetful PVs" - not because there aren't many of them, but because I... well, forget about them.

90% of all vkei music videos belong in this thread. They are literally nothing more than glamour shots and misplaced lip synching, mixed with blown out lighting and the same facial expressions used for the past 15~20 years.

And that's what makes them all wonderful.

Especially this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dfPL_e5HqE

An example of intentional (parody-style) "so-crappy-it's good PVs" is NANDAKANDA by サウイフモ.

But I thought every vk pv was deliberately like this....

It would be awesome if more vk bands took the parodic approach, but I think quite a few take themselves rather serious in their PVs. XD Which can be funny in itself, I guess.

Also, I do not want to start another "Old vk vs. new vk" debate, but I really love the cheesy cheapness of old vk PVs. While many new PVs still use the same motifs (band standing in some place looking pretty, deliberate overacting, wild gestures etc.) many of them are actually quite well-made from a technical perspective. Lighting, camera, post-production - all looks (semi)professional these days. But I just love the hopeless, amateurish yet try-hard crappiness of classic vk PVs. XD

I think it has to do with the band and the song. like the dezert song you couldn't really act to that.  i enjoy watching them work well the good ones at-lest cause its not you typical mv.

It all depends on you and your taste in music and PVs...

I love low budget PVs like that of DERAIL.

But I might find a similar PV horrible, too.

It all depends.

I never considered EREMIA's PV a not so good one. Although the woman in it couldn't be more expressive xD. I always paid attention to the vocalist's singing which is a bit similar to the way in which Sakito (Due'le quartz) used to sing. A fried of mine used to say they sing like that because they kind of hear a bit different than the rest of the human population or something lik that, but that is a topic for another thread.

Guest Magatsu

All PV's without a nice story are boring, stupid and bad. (even from the artist who I love)

It's so broing to watch the artist dancing at the same damn place and that nothing happens.

A famous example of non-intentional "so-crappy-it's-good" PVs is Vidoll's Occult Proposal.

Cars driving in the background? = classic

this is my favourite PV of all times.

also this has to be the worst BT PV entertaining-wise and I know Jigsaw9 will at least agree with me here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2mA4WOjgqE

This is just SO BORING. I mean the song is okay but the only thing that's happening in this PV is some vague shots of the lead singer while he's lying on the floor while the other members strut around a bit blurry in the background. That's literally all this video is.

WHO NEEDS STUFF HAPPENING WHEN YOU CAN LOOK AT SAKURAI-SAMA!?

Seriously though, Buck-Tick's PVs are pretty hit and miss. Some are great and some are just "umm... okay?"

In this case, current DEG pvs might fill out certain criteria for "umm...okay, why"-parts

bastard child of Kisaki PVs and some tacky post-2005 European heavy metal (Century Media's work comes to my mind for some reason) MVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amSjXtlRWpQ

"umm...hey, we can take some leftovers off the original PV and paste you guys on them! Totally not out-of-place!"

Songs are fine,but they deserved much better videos tbh.

The shuffle thread reminded me of this one:

Himuro is dreamy and all, but I have no idea what the director of this video was trying to achieve by just randomly projecting video of him onto things for three minutes.