Sign in to follow this  
Masamune

Aldious

fa7jbm.jpg

Aldious is a recently formed, all female, metal band from Japan.

“Rami(Vo) and Yoshi(G) first got together in Osaka, Japan in June 2008.

The two then started playing shows around the Kansai area.

In January 2009, Toki(G) joined the band.

That November, the band made their first recording as Aldious,

a four song EP titled ‘Dear Slave,’ which they self-released to great success,

selling out at metal record shops everywhere.

In January 2010, Aruto(Ds) joined the group,

followed by original member Sawa(B) in March, which completes the current lineup.

Sorry if they have a topic already please let me know if there is a topic for this band~ 

So Aldious is my 3rd favourite band ever I love their music and find the members are all extremely beautiful so best of both worlds right? 
JRock247-ALDIOUS-Artist-2016-09A.jpg

But the biggest question I have about them is: Do you guys consider them VK and why/why not? The reason I'm having this dilemma is that they do have a specific them to their style (the elegant dresses) and it is quite "over the top" which fits with the basic themes of VK and there's also the fact that they have performed at multiple VK events in Japan especially recently. On the other hand, to my knowledge they don't identify themselves as VK so I personally call them "pseudo-Visual Kei" (I literally just made that up because they seem very middle ground to me) but I would love to hear your guys' thoughts on this as well as potentially see if there are other Aldious fans on here

Yep, there's already one on here: 

I used to listen a lot their debut album, and I'm still not over Rami's departure because I loved her vocals but shit happens I guess. It's been ages since the last time I listened a single song from the girls so I might as well catch up one of these days. And to me it's simple; if they don't identify themselves as VK then they're not VK. You'd say it's an easy argument but I'm not the type of person to dig into the details in order to tag bands like this or that (I suck at it). 

Edited by Visutox

Hmm... I think vk somewhat played a role early on? 

Spoiler

8141_large.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_nwaai2auLs1uug5yxo1_1280.jpg

Saika was also previously in vk bands so there are vk connections I guess. Overall, it leans more towards a "no" though.

*They aren't on vkdb either.

Okay thanks for the input! I also agree with the argument that if they don't identify themselves as VK they're not VK I was just confused to see them performing at VK events~ 
Also wow those are really old pics! It's so weird to see Toki with brown hair

I like to joke that a band is VK if they are so androgynous you can't tell what gender they are. Since Aldious are clearly girls they don't qualify.

But I don't believe they ever were. They were called "ageha metal," inspired by a magazine of the same name where the fashion was based on hostess bar women. Rami, Yoshi and Aruto especially looked like a hostess bar worker in the early days. Toki and Sawa not so much. On their first album, there is a song called "Yoro-chou" that translates to "night butterflies." Yachou is the Japanese word for moths, which they call night butterflies, but it is also slang for those hostess women. And the lyrics talk about a place where the yachou gather and how they spread their wings to make you their own, etc. Plus, their original logo featured a moth.

It's such a shame they lost Rami. Re:no has no place in that band. I'm glad Rami recovered from her health issues but her minimal efforts -- her "tours" have consisted of 3 shows -- tell me music is a part time thing for her. Either she's not fully recovered, or maybe she got married and this is just a hobby until she starts a family or something. She's made some great music and is a better singer than in her Aldious days but her effort is so minimal there's no way she can make a living off it.

12 hours ago, Traxan said:

I like to joke that a band is VK if they are so androgynous you can't tell what gender they are. Since Aldious are clearly girls they don't qualify.

But I don't believe they ever were. They were called "ageha metal," inspired by a magazine of the same name where the fashion was based on hostess bar women. Rami, Yoshi and Aruto especially looked like a hostess bar worker in the early days. Toki and Sawa not so much. On their first album, there is a song called "Yoro-chou" that translates to "night butterflies." Yachou is the Japanese word for moths, which they call night butterflies, but it is also slang for those hostess women. And the lyrics talk about a place where the yachou gather and how they spread their wings to make you their own, etc. Plus, their original logo featured a moth.

It's such a shame they lost Rami. Re:no has no place in that band. I'm glad Rami recovered from her health issues but her minimal efforts -- her "tours" have consisted of 3 shows -- tell me music is a part time thing for her. Either she's not fully recovered, or maybe she got married and this is just a hobby until she starts a family or something. She's made some great music and is a better singer than in her Aldious days but her effort is so minimal there's no way she can make a living off it.

Thanks for the feed back! I didn't know about that part of their history! It's hard to find good info on their older days in English and my Japanese isn't fluent lol 
But I have to say I think I'm in the minority that actually prefers Re:NO's vocals but to each their own I suppose I think they both have merits and faults to their style so that end is all up to opinion ^_^

Sign in to follow this