Trombe

ex-NEGA Vo.儿-JIN- new band "THE BLACK SWAN" has formed

It's clear who the guy on the left side of the picture is to UCP's followers (colour scheme and tattoos).

And I am pretty sick of how Jin is being used as some sort of scapegoat again — if you don't like him in the first place, why bother coming in this topic and commenting on how terrible you find him?

Either way. I am absolutely stoked for this, it's much much better than what I had anticipated for any new bands arising from the UCP graveyard. I really can't wait to hear the full thing.

I was looking forward to this, and I was really hoping for an old school Nega rip-off. I really love old Nega (before they got a typer writer for bass drums and got overproduced like fuck) and don't mind Jin at all. In fact, I really like his unpolished, almost untalented style of singing. But to me, this sounds like a band that took leftover riffs from Nega and tried to do everything in their power tomake them into their own, and sadly failed. It sounds very half-hearted to be honest.

Yeah, I must admit I am very disappointed. Guess I just had way too high and unrealistic expectations.

Slight bump but I think after careful deliberation I have decided I will be completely and utterly shocked if it didn't turn out these two members with no other band credentials weren't San and Yuu. Everything about the way the other two members play reeks of both members. They use the same electric kit and samples for their intros, the same  bass bass bassbasssnare thing Yuu spammed ever since Muddy Cult, the same rising notes in the "thrashy" riffs...either it's the only two members of Nega who currently aren't doing much (Ray is producing or something, isn't he?) or the two "secret identity" members are trying their very hardest to copy their approaches.

(inb4actualNega2.0)

I like that their looks are quite noticeably toned down compared to nega's terrible screaming kitsch.

I don't necessarily like that they rip off d.i.d. all the way through those samples & I don't really mind jin's vocals here, they fit the music.

I forgot Perestroika was a thing. I just think of it as a Nega single/EP.

Either way, The Black Swan isn't a terrible name and it seems like Jin's going to keep his naming strategy for tracks so I can't probably keep pretending it's the same band.

Still, my money is on the Sanyuuspiracy thing.

I'm sadly unimpressed by all of this. Reminds me more of perestroika/nega's later stuff. I'm glad i didn't get my hopes up for this. Only early undercode nega is good in my opinion.

Slight bump but I think after careful deliberation I have decided I will be completely and utterly shocked if it didn't turn out these two members with no other band credentials weren't San and Yuu. Everything about the way the other two members play reeks of both members. They use the same electric kit and samples for their intros, the same  bass bass bassbasssnare thing Yuu spammed ever since Muddy Cult, the same rising notes in the "thrashy" riffs...either it's the only two members of Nega who currently aren't doing much (Ray is producing or something, isn't he?) or the two "secret identity" members are trying their very hardest to copy their approaches.

(inb4actualNega2.0)

No Ray, at least. The bassist very clearly appears to be Rena (ex. Vior gloire). Pink docs, and I bet under that photo-frame there's going to be pink hair too, plus his tattoos give him away. I personally don't think Yuu is active at all (knowing what he looks like nowadays, he cut his hair rather short and just looks like your average businessman, and in the photo there isn't any indication of him to be quite honest, if you know his build). San is doing some random session bands here and there so there might be a slight possibility he's the one in the far right of the photo, especially with that skirt-thing going on, but I can't be certain about that. The two full-mystery members are the ones directly right and left from Jin. 

^ SAN recently started his personal session, so I doubt that one too

IMO it's probably TBS session band members, but we'll see

I like those previews. It seems it still has that Jin's ambience, which it's one thing one enjoys about him.

I'll never understand why people cares so much about JIN's voice, this is how visual kei works since the beginning. A good musician/composer, average instrumentalists and a bad vocalist, usually a guy that has conections and interest in the scene but can't play any instrument, so he became vocalist. 

It is reeeeaally hard to find a good vocalist in this scene, and I'm talking about good vocalists and not the Juka's voice people usually says its good. 

They know how to play, but unfortunately and judging by the preview posted on Youtube, their music just doesn't appeal to me at all.

I end up getting bore of that monotone music (nü-metal?) and that is one of the reasons why I don't listen to 99% of todays Visual Kei (label debatable sometimes) bands.

Bring some of the old school insanity to your music, something more appealing, please!

I'll never understand why people cares so much about JIN's voice, this is how visual kei works since the beginning. A good musician/composer, average instrumentalists and a bad vocalist, usually a guy that has conections and interest in the scene but can't play any instrument, so he became vocalist. 

It is reeeeaally hard to find a good vocalist in this scene, and I'm talking about good vocalists and not the Juka's voice people usually says its good. 

And I'll never understand why there are so many people who think his voice is bad. There's nothing that determines he's a bad vocalist, though. Only the judgment of people. I mean, sure, if he sounded like Maria Cross or something, then I'd be there with you. But he's one of the best active vocalists in the VK scene and people are just too thickheaded to hear it.

They know how to play, but unfortunately and judging by the preview posted on Youtube, their music just doesn't appeal to me at all.

I end up getting bore of that monotone music (nü-metal?) and that is one of the reasons why I don't listen to 99% of todays Visual Kei (label debatable sometimes) bands.

Bring some of the old school insanity to your music, something more appealing, please!

Nu metal has not been popular for a long time. Japanese bands have been moving away from its influence since at least 2007. And Nega was NEVER nu metal. Never ever ever. And nor is The Black Swan. In fact the last legitimately well-known nu metal-inspired J-rock release was Girugamesh's Music as far as I'm aware..

Nu metal has not been popular for a long time. Japanese bands have been moving away from its influence since at least 2007. And Nega was NEVER nu metal. Never ever ever. And nor is The Black Swan. In fact the last legitimately well-known nu metal-inspired J-rock release was Girugamesh's Music as far as I'm aware..

I will say that they sound monotone then.

"THE BLACK SWAN" members:
Vo.儿-JIN- (ex-NEGA)
Gt.樹-ITSUKI- (ex-オリガミ(origami))
Gt.誠-MAKOTO- (ex-ReivieЯ-->Doppler)
Ba.RENA (ex-Vior gloire)
Dr.煉-LEN-

their live-limited single "黒聴(kokuchou)" will be released at their first live tour "NEEDLESSxNEEDLESS" since Takadanobaba AREA at 2014/06/27 and up to tour final at Takadanobaba AREA at 2014/09/11 (2 songs, 1,000yen)

The look looks like last look of NEGA, the music (preview) is not better and still don't like how JIN singing... finally it's again "all about Jin" ^^

So NEGA's ex-drummer and bassist aren't in this band ?  Meh, what a deception. It actually makes me sad, because I was really hoping to see them back >:

But I'll get over it. Samples are amazing, they look cool, etc. So I hope this band lasts for a long time and they get lots of fans, tour abroad and all. Just by making NEGA-like songs it already makes me extremely interested in this project. Long live THE BLACK SWAN !

Btw, I've just noticed something familiar in JIN's profile pic, and then I realized where I knew that make-up from:

Jin.jpg

I now know where the inspiration for the name of this band came from too, hahaha.