ex-NEGA Vo.儿-JIN- new band "THE BLACK SWAN" has formed

Guest Magatsu

Line up... could be better.

But lets see how it will sound like when they release their first CD

"TBS" members:

Vo.儿-JIN- (ex-NEGA)

Gt.樹(itsuki) (ex-オリガミ(origami))

lovin this :cup:

^ They are recording and mixing stuff, also had some sort of shoot (dunno if video or photo), according to what I could find out from Jin's recent tweets.

If I understood it correctly, there should be some sort of announcement at 03/31 midnight.

何故か作り直してる最中に出来た。

と言うわけで3/31AM0:00に何かを発表します。

(so in about 2.5 hours?)

well, it's okayish enough for me to like them at this point. and no, they don't sound like nega. yeah, jin's vocal is still shitty and still delivers but instruments are so meh. hopefully this is just beginning and they wil improve themselves in the future.

i miss san and ray so bad now ;_;

Not bad at all, but this doesn't sound like NEGA in any way, shape or form... only connection is JIN's amazing vocals.

Preview sounds great. Hopefully people can see past the whole this certain member is in this band so therefore I think all their music should/does sound like this crap.

Hm, not as bad as I had expected. The instrumentals are okay, and the bassist has some cool stuff going on at times. And I can tolerate Jin's vocals so that's good.

Songs sound okay, but don't do anything interesting. I'll try out some of their stuff when it's released but I'm still not expecting to be blown away.

not the biggest fan in the world, but i prefer a 'not good' vocalist as JIN than a """good""" one with such an annoying voice like M.O's Sono. Thats just too personal, why you guys still discussing this? LOL

Btw, the previews are ok

Hm, not as bad as I had expected. The instrumentals are okay, and the bassist has some cool stuff going on at times. And I can tolerate Jin's vocals so that's good.

Songs sound okay, but don't do anything interesting. I'll try out some of their stuff when it's released but I'm still not expecting to be blown away.

I agree with this 100%. The samples were enough to make me want to hear the full thing at least.

they will hold their first live tour "NEEDLESSxNEEDLESS" since Ikebukuro EDGE at 2014/06/06 and up to tour final in 2014/09

their songs "自深傍観者(jishinboukansha)" "I SOLATION" could be listened to through YouTube

I'm in love, thank you for posting this here.

Yeah that sounds about as different to Nega as Perestroika did. Same backwards swish noises, same metalcore-to-thrash riffs, same breakdown placement...just add some nintendo-esque synths and reverb and less electronic kit and triggers.

Not that this is a bad thing. I can just pretend they never broke up in the first place.

"Hurr durr dis iz eggzactly liek NEGA"

So what ? That's why it's fabusome ! I'm a huge NEGA fan and it was one of the most awesome VK bands back in the day. At least they brought something new to the scene. I mean, they weren't the most avant-garde band ever, but I think that their concept, lyrics, music and aesthetics were somehow innovative.

I see there are too many people who doesn't like JIN's voice. That's a matter of taste, but I think they were really good. They did some music which mixed heavier stuff with some depressive tunes, the songs generally varied between these aspects and the lyrics were really deep unlike most of the heavier bands which are generally only some shitty lyrics and repetitive riffs.

As of it being pratically the same line-up as NEGA, that'd be awesome, but I don't think that's the case. Unlike most of you I do see some differences in their songs, These previews sounds more like metalcore than the atmospheric metal NEGA used to do, but it'd be great if they had almost the same line-up or if at least they kept the same drummer. NEGA's drummer and pianist was a great musician.

No, look at their photo, with the Jin with wings and other members having their faces covered. The guys on the right, they both are tall. One of them is as skinny as Yuu. Their clothing style would fit Yuu and San. Then on the left, one of them is shorter, like Ray. The guy in pink shoes looks like someone new. It's just a theory and I may be wrong, but what if I'm right? Who knows. He's making such a big mystery out of the band's other members.

The previews sound great! I'm looking forward to hear more from them and I want to know who the other members are...imo they are the ones who will participate in that session at Arlequin's live in May...