Trombe

ex-NEGA Vo.儿-JIN- new band "THE BLACK SWAN" has formed

Jin has an unique voice, and most VK fans don't seem to like unique voices nowadays. 

The criticism he receives is ridiculous, really, having read that last entry on his blog back then about how he thought himself to be a horrible vocalist, and that he let his fans down, it was just terrible to know he'd allow himself to be driven that far up the walls by a group of cunts who, instead of appreciating music, can only criticize it. 

I thought because of that he was the last one to come back with a new band because of how deep people have buried him, but I'm honestly glad he's back because he is an awesome person with great charisma, and a musician with a tremendous insight in music. 

Jin has an unique voice, and most VK fans don't seem to like unique voices nowadays. 

I have no idea why you're attempting to defend an overrated no1curr band with a talent absent vocalist by putting other vk fans down.

for all good that VK sometimes has to offer, nega brought nothing in this regard.

I have no idea why you're attempting to defend an overrated no1curr band with a talent absent vocalist by putting other vk fans down.

for all good that VK sometimes has to offer, nega brought nothing in this regard.

lmao its not your place, to say nega brought nothing.

as always, nekkichi is trying to piss off people who like something that she doesn't because it's fun to see how weeaboos' arses are burning on fire.

anyway, their ohp gives me feeling that it'll be some calm music without growls and vomits. i hope i'm wrong, but we'll see.

Edited by Champ213
Nice try to get away with a personal attack.

Unique vocals isn't equal to good or listenable vocals. Unique vocals can be horrid and unlistenable as well.

I don't mind Jin's vocals at all. I'd love for this to be a throwback to old Nega or something, before they decided to swap their bass drums for a typewriter and all that shit and got bad. Something in the lines of early Nega would be very, very welcomed.

If I see any more personal attacks in this thread, may they be implied at one person or just aimed at a broad group of people, or any attempt to put down people's opinions by ad hominems, I will hand out warnings on the double. Get over yourself people, and accept that not everyone likes the same things you do.

My banhammer is yearning for some action after a long period of rest, so be careful.

^ trash

Nega was great and Jin was great. Anyway i was scared he was done with music. time for him to show these kids how its done.

Alright, I'll admit that early Nega (around the time of Faded Film) had some pretty cool songs. But Jin has, sadly, never been a good vocalist. Sure, some people will like his style, but if you look at it skill-wise, he's actually pretty damn bad - this is a fact, not an opinion.

And instrumentally Nega didn't have that much too offer either. Like I said they had a few cool songs, but nothing out of the ordinary and most of their stuff was just bland (to me, at least).

Anyway, I guess I'll check out this band just for old time's sake, but I'm not expecting much tbh.

Yes, he's not a very talented vocalist. But so what? You don't have to be very talented at what you do, be it singing, playing the guitar, bass, drums or whatever, as long as you're able to sound good and make good riffs/create good atmosphere, and you can do those things without being a very talented guitarist/bassist/drummer/vocalist. Being talented is so fucking overrated.

Being talented is so fucking overrated.

amen! you can tell he put himself into his singing, he is not one those vocalist who sing cause they are able to or have a good voice.

Yes, he's not a very talented vocalist. But so what? You don't have to be very talented at what you do, be it singing, playing the guitar, bass, drums or whatever, as long as you're able to sound good and make good riffs/create good atmosphere, and you can do those things without being a very talented guitarist/bassist/drummer/vocalist. Being talented is so fucking overrated.

BUT BUT YOU WILL LOSE YOUR VOICE AND YNGWIE MALMSTEEN AND??!133 UHGHUH 

All opinions and other junk aside; Jin has this uncanny ability to irritate the unsuspecting listener. 

I like Jin, I secretly like some Nega as well - but it sure took a long while to get used to Jin's voice. It has a very rough quality to it, as to me it sounds like he is under the weather and very sore in the throat - so much so that is causes him pain to sing at all. While it can certainly be considered one of its appeals, it's also why a lot of people can't get into the stuff he is in at all. So a negative reaction isn't really surprising. I guess I would also maintain that he is not a particularly expressive vocalist ( which seems to be the main pro-argument ) or a good one, but that's neither here nor there. I'm still looking forward to whatever this projects turns out to be. 

Maybe his voice isn't perfect, but at least it sounds exactly the same live, which means NEGA's songs weren't edited too much to sound better. Some bands have their songs recorded and the vocal is good, but when I see a live video, the vocalist totally can't sing.

Recording already? That's awesome! :D I can't wait for some release info, I hope they will upload a sample of their music when they're ready to announce something :)

I find quite entertaining that Jin gets all this hate, but fuckin 90% of VK vocalist sucks major balls and it does not seem to bother people that much...

Insert falsecord-covered-in-distortion artists here.

At least Jin's banshee wailing was real.

Guest Magatsu

woa so many don't like his vocal?!!

I think his voice is amazing :D did fit perfect for NEGA.

But I'm looking forward to his new project. I gonna check it out for sure!!~

If he gets some good instrumentalists around him this time, at least it'll be a good band with a bad vocalist. That's a step up from Nega.

I have nothing to add.

session "TBS" will perform at アルルカン(arlequin) 祥平(shouhei) birthday live "HEY!HEY!HEY!" at Shibuya REX at 2014/05/11

"TBS" members:
Vo.儿-JIN- (ex-NEGA)
Gt.樹(itsuki) (ex-オリガミ(origami))
Gt.誠(makoto) (ex-ReivieЯ-->Doppler)
Ba.RENA (ex-Vior gloire)
Dr.希柳(kiryuu)

I wonder whether "TBS" stands for "THE BLACK SWAN"...