Ito

Monochrome Heaven Anime Watching Club

for a movie i recommend  Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works

If possible, let's avoid watching anything that's shonen jump aka bleach, narutard, detective conan, gintama, ippo, etc etc. it never ends...

Also, anything with huge franchises like Gundam and Macross. There's too much ground to cover and I doubt most people here would even be dedicated.

yeah that's a given.

Although stuff like the gintama movie's I think could work. One thing I've been thinking about is, If I decide to do the streaming format myself we could do a week by week stream for new shows since Ito doesn't want to do ongoing shows. Which the streaming format would be way better for ongoing shows anyways. Just something I've been thinking about.. but of course we would have to wait until the beginning of a new season to do that.

Just to let people know regardless of whether this takes off or not I'll probably start streaming stuff anyways so... I'll be sure to let people know about it either way :)

If we watch stuff like hunter x hunter, gintama etc... i've not really watched any of them but possibly planning on it (or planning on reading some anyway) and I kind of want to avoid spoilers (if that's even possible) but if there isn't really anything else to watch then I'll go along with it > . <

I'm not sure if people would be interested in watching something like HAL that recently came out, it's only an hour but at the same time how much can you really discuss about it...

I'm going to mention Perfect Blue again if people don't mind more psychological anime rather than shonen
Paprika would be really cool to discuss (and I might even be able to work out what's going on this time)

As for short anime, Binbougami Ga! is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS (13ep). I think it's by the same people as Gintama so possibly expect that kind of humor??

Aaaaand I'm getting carried away xD

I'm all for this, honestly! I've been watching some anime on hulu and Netflix. Streaming services have really brought me back to watching anime for the first time in years. It's great!

sorry but is this ever gonna take off?

Well considering it's only been a week since this was even thought of...

Me, Ito, and Zess have been talking about it and what we're gonna do with this, so I can tell you it's definitely gonna happen in one way, shape, or form, but really we're not trying to rush or anything.

So yeah just chill. It'll happen when it happens.

just posting to say i'm all in with the weekly anime-streaming idea. watching new anime episodes with fellow monochromians sounds tempting :)

as for just started series i'm currently watching Noragami (2 episodes so far) which seems promising and maybe would be cool to include.

apart from that i'm watching KillLaKill, LogHorizon and Magi, but they're all roundabout 14 episodes in, so we first would have some catching up to do.

but yeah that's only for currently running series obviously, if we're going for already finished series/movies i'll take anything that comes, movie actually would be a cool opening i think (proposing "sword of the stranger". wanted to rewatch that for a long time, would also be interested in the new gintama movie though)

Well considering it's only been a week since this was even thought of...

Me, Ito, and Zess have been talking about it and what we're gonna do with this, so I can tell you it's definitely gonna happen in one way, shape, or form, but really we're not trying to rush or anything.

So yeah just chill. It'll happen when it happens.

ok sorry

Sword of the Stranger would be a good movie to watch as an intro. Good watch, not a lot of character development or anything, but over all just a very fun watch.

I'm all up for this. Sword of stranger its pretty good with its hand-drawn technic but sometimes dropped like early 90's anime style also beware of the amount of blood/gory violence (not quite good for an intro to anime world,IMO), well that's what you can expect from samurai-themed anime Movie.

In my opinion, there isn´t so much good anime movies, i prefer more series...

Mononoke Hime is quite awesome (i don´t like other movies from studio ghibli)

and there is few movies which are great, but you need first watch the series like:

Higurashi  - Outbreak,      Steins;gate - Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu,      Hunter x Hunter

and Mushishi movie was really great !

I haven´t seen Sword of the Stranger, but that seems quite interesting, so rooting for it....

pictures resembles like Ninja Scroll.

here is a short list of animes which i really enjoyed and are about ~13 eps.

- Corpse Party - Tortured Souls (only 4eps, 30min each)

- Mononoke (the series, not hime)

- Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

- Nazo no Kanojo X

- Chaos;Head

- School Days

What kinda genres do you like or dislike?

there is quite much really, really good ecchi animes also like Highschool DxD or Sora no Otoshimono

but some ppl might get too irritated....

Higurashi, Steins;Gate, Shingeki no Kyojin, Claymore, Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka?, etc, etc,  are fantastic, but maybe too long for this project.

and there is also some nice short series (about 4min each episode) like Ai Mai Mii, Senyuu and Nyanpire : D

it´s quite hard to try to pick up some series which everybody can enjoy. you really can´t argue about tastes.

Late to this but I would be down, I've been watching a shit ton of anime lately.

My faves are 70's-90's shojo but I like pretty much anything.

Hope this ends up happening!

Just so people know that this is still very much alive... I was planning on starting test streaming this week sometime. So once I do a few of those and get comfortable with the setup ect. I'll be talking with Ito about scheduling some streams and what not, so I hope everyone is looking forward to it :D

Well it's official. Ya'll showed your interest and asked for it, so we will be launching a weekly anime live stream starting next week. I'll be locking this topic from this point on but you can find everything you need to know about this project in this Thread.

We're looking forward to everyone's support!