CAT5

Favorite Japanese Female Vocalists!

Since most of the music talked about on this board is dominated by males, I'm curious to know who everyone's favorite female vocalists are. Specifically female vocalists from Japan. =)

Although I don't necessarily prefer female vocals over male vocals, I do tend to gravitate towards music with female vocals - so there's a lot out there that I like.

However, one of my all-times favs. would be Nakano Yoshie (中??良??) of EGO-WRAPPIN'. I've yet to hear any other contemporary vocalists quite like her. I guess her vocals are a bit of an acquired taste since she's usually the reason most people either love or hate EGO-WRAPPIN'. She's fun, quirky, diverse and def. one of the stronger Japanese female vocalists out there. On stage, she's also a helluva performer! =)

?

I've more, but Nakano Yoshie is probably among the top of my list. Anyways, that's enough fan-boying outta me. Who are some of your favorite female vocalists?

HUMMMM, female jap singers, well its hard to find a good one actually since most of them sound like noise squiky voices trying to shatter your ear drums. but i would have to go with, twenty4-7 a female hip-hop/r&b duo. they are amazingly good singers and rappers for being jap. Pretty good vocals i must say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSadjEmU4z4

^ plenty of good Japanese female singers out there that break the "high-pitched/squeaky" voice mold. Nakano Yoshie is one of them lol!

Though I don't think you'd like her voice/music....^^;;

edit: and who the hell is that in your sig!!!?? :o

^ lol, ok. Sorry to derail the thread, but ginHigure needs to stop putting these distractingly sexy women in his sigs lol. =p

Let's get this thread back on track - Shiina is great, ronluna. I used to dig Tomoko Van a lot back when I was getting to Jp music!

Yep, another Shiina Ringo fan here.

Love her now, but it did take me a while admittedly! I gave shouso strip and the beloved KZK each a listen and wasn't really "craving" more (blasphemous I know!). But two of my friends are HUGE fans of her, so I persisted and finally listened to Heisei Fuuzoku. That did it for me. Now,definitely my favorite female Japanese vocalist.

Although I must check out EGO-WRAPPIN' as well. Those videos CAT5 posted definitely seemed like something I could really get into!

CAT5, you need to enrich my library on this lol

i don't know too many female vocalist,

there may be a lot of good ones out there

and i'll try CAT5's but as for my personal fave,

i am adoring Satoko from me-al-art,

Maki Nomiya of Pizzicato Five,

Shiina Ringo of Tokyo Jihen,

Toshiko Koshijima of capsule,

ANA ex-DESPAIR [RIP ANA :(],

and Van Tomiko from DAI,

Yuko Kono of MY PAL FOOT FOOT (i think that's her name, CMIIW),

and the duo from Cibbo Matto.

As for soloist, in rock, i always adore

Amano Tsukiko (Amano Tsuki as of now),

Hitomi Yaida and

Bonnie Pink.

i am adoring Satoko from me-al-art

As for soloist, in rock, i always adore Amano Tsukiko (Amano Tsuki as of now)

Satoko is awesome and has an incredibly powerful voice...ginhigure should try them if he hasn't - Satoko's voice is far from your typical Jp fm vox..

Used to be big Amano fan as well. She was one of my first Jpop/rock loves!

i am adoring Satoko from me-al-art

As for soloist, in rock, i always adore Amano Tsukiko (Amano Tsuki as of now)

Satoko is awesome and has an incredibly powerful voice...ginhigure should try them if he hasn't - Satoko's voice is far from your typical Jp fm vox..

Used to be big Amano fan as well. She was one of my first Jpop/rock loves!

wow i did, satoko can sing for sure. 忘れ???? is the pv i saw for mel-al-art. I love it the song too its not too heavy, i imma look for their music now and listen to them. ty for this. =D

MISIA is hands down the best female Japanese vocalist for me.

Besides her, some of my favorites are: Shiina Ringo, Satoko from me-al art, BONNIE PINK, Hidemi Uematsu, Abe Mao and Mikami Chisako from fra-foa. Salyu and the girls from school food punishment, MASS OF THE FERMENTING DREGS and Spangle call Lilli line are also worth mentioning.

the woman in orange pekoe has amazing pipes. i have no idea what her name is.

Indeed. Her name is Nagashima Tomoko. Lover her voice.

Other female vocalists that i like:

Nana Kitade - she is a fan of Shiina Ringo, sang for Full Metal Panic, dresses gothic lolita style

Kanon - she sang BRAND NEW BREEZE for La Corda d'oro

Mikuni Shimokawa - Gensoumaden Saiyuki - ALONE, Full Metal Panic - Sore ga Ai Deshou, 4th ending song in Fairy Tail

BONNIE PINK - It's Gonna Rain

Makoto Kawamoto - 1/2 Rurouni Kenshin

Mizuno Saaya - My Secret Kaichou wa Maid sama

It's gonna rain is good, i think most foreign Japanese music listeners

may know here from this song. But Bonnie Pink is more than just It's gonna rain though.

Oh, forgot to add.

She's not rock. But she got soulful voice. (only Misia can beat)

LISA, ex M-Flo

^ lol, ok. Sorry to derail the thread, but ginHigure needs to stop putting these distractingly sexy women in his sigs lol. =p

OMG CAT stop being a pedophile, she's barely 16.

^ OMG...I take back that statement xD

and how was I supposed to know lol, that kind of pop is completely outside of my music taste xD

^ OMG...I take back that statement xD

and how was I supposed to know lol, that kind of pop is completely outside of my music taste xD

Haha it's ok. It's something similar to vk, when someone says" omg that girl is hot, but it's a guy". But in kpop it's something like: "omg that girl is hot. Yes but she's barely 15."

Anyway, back on topic I really like Michal's vocals.

Vivian Slaughter (Gallhammer)
viv02.preview.jpg

Yasuko Onuki (Melt-Banana)

Wata of Boris and Ai Aso. Do not have time to find pictures and a song. Just google it.

Oh yes, i missed out this one, too.

Hiroko of Coco d'Or (ex SPEED)

She surprised me, since when she was with SPEED, (which actually i used to like :P)

she wasn't this good. Catchy, yes. But she mainly dances there lol

With SPEED:

ah my youth <3