Sign in to follow this  
riotstar

PLASTICZOOMS

PLASTICZOOMS+August+2nd.png

PLASTICZOOMS are a gothic post-punk-band from Japan. Currently they are signed to Felicity.

Members:
Vocal: Sho Asakawa
Piano, Synthesizer, Guitar: Shinpei Morishige
Guitar: Taiyo Ikeda
Guitar: Tom Takanashi
Bass: Jun “John” Yokoe

http://plasticzooms.net/

WHY... HOW NO RESPONSES!? D:

PLASTICZOOMS are my favourite band alongside Plastic Tree (too many biases...). Their music is always flawless, and their albums are perfection, I don't know how they do it. And Asakawa's monotone vocal work is always captivating and different and works like a dream against their sounds. A recent discovery of mine with them is 'Pink Snow' which is quickly becoming one of my favourite songs from them.

My favourite releases from them are Starbow and Secret Postcard, with Charm close behind. If I had to pick favourite tracks, it'd have to be between 'Cry.Distance.' and 'Sleepwalker'.

Just going to push this thread up again because I'm a very recent listener to PLASTICZOOMS and I love them! :Dunfortunately, I have a pretty bad crush on Sho too, oops.

I always saw Sho in photos with Kobayashi-san and I figured, why not check out PLASTICZOOMS. So I did...bouncing from video to video on YouTube, but I wasn't too into them at first. I think the only songs I really felt were memorable were Highway and P A R A D E.

Then for some strange reason, I felt the urge to listen through PLASTICZOOMS and Critical Factor because I wasn't gonna give up on them so easily! After a couple listens, I reviewed PLASTICZOOMS (found here) and I regret that I did so...early on. After just 2 listens! From then, I have grown very attached to that album, along with Critical Factor, and have, overall, fallen in love with PLASTICZOOMS. I appreciate how versatile their style is, and I feel like even if something I hear from them doesn't pull me in initially, I will find myself rocking to it on the second listen...it's weird.

Well that's my mini journey of how I came to love PLASTICZOOMS, and I hope there are many more years to come. (Now come to America purease)

Sign in to follow this