Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

Kra new mini album & LIVE DVD release

it is announced at Kra one-man live tour final "Joker of Despair from 『zero』" at Nakano ZERO HALL at 2013/12/24 that their new mini album "サタヒナト(satahinato)" will be released at 2014/04/23 (2 TYPE)

limited edition (3,240yen) will include CD+DVD (including "微笑みの葬列者(hohoemi no souressha)" PV & off-shot), and regular edition (2,808yen) will include CD only

[CD track list]
01.亡国のアリア(boukoku no aria)
02.空中ブランコ(kuuchuu blanco)
03.カルマ(karma)
04.微笑みの葬列者(hohoemi no souressha)
05.嘘つき(usotsuki) (included in regular edition)
06.さよなら(sayonara)

their LIVE DVD "Joker of Despair from 『zero』@2013.12.24 Nakano ZERO HALL" will be released at 2014/04/23 (7,020yen), which will include scene of that one-man live at 2013/12/24

btw they will hold their 2014 live tour "Joker's KINGDOM~葬~" since Saitama HEAVEN'S ROCK at 2014/04/25 and up to Kobe VARIT at 2014/05/17 and their 13th anniversary one-man live at TSUTAYA O-East at 2014/09/11

"Joker of Despair from 『zero』@2013.12.24 Nakano ZERO HALL" [track list]
01.リルール
02.バスタード
03.不思議な世界からの招待状
04.レジスタンス
05.サァカス
06.常夜の君
07.Schwarz wald
08.Clown's Crown
09.無拓と無択と
10.Joker
11.artman
12.SMLT
13.ダーリン イン ザ ダーク
14.ショータイム
15.Utopia
-ENCORE-
16.題名のない冬の日
17.Alice
18.彷徨えど夜
19.マスカレード
20.明日屋
21.リグレット
22.エキストラ キングダム

Kra has become a lot heavier and darker than what they used to do before since that dude from ZORO joined them. I like it, but I miss the old Kra. They've changed too much. It almost sounds like another band and I don't think they need this, since they've been around for 13 years.

^I think that's exactly the reason they should change a little. They've been around for 13 years, they've done well for those year and they have the ability to experiment a little with a new sound

I dunno, they were all about being funky and bouncy before. Kra is the last band I would go to if I want heavier music. I prefer it when they play happier stuff sprinkled with a few heavier songs :)

Good points made.

I think they have definitely shifted a bit, but still have a diverse sound, and the dwelling melancholy mixed with retained positiviry I know Kra for...

They went from being mostly led song wise by Mai, to having Taizo coming up with the basis of all their songs as they stated about the Jokers Kingdom album.

What I like is that this mini album looks to touch an even.different sound, and I love that, as I know the band, and Taizo have such a wide range and are capable of so much, I hope they keep expanding release by release by keeping that same identity that they have created, which I feel they are doing, and doing without trying to be mainstream or anything like that, as I personally think their label and management do to bands.

I have also stated before that I think they are mismanaged, and even though they are major, and this release sold out first shipments in many places I have seen, they should be much bigger, IMO.

I wish they were on Pony Canyon with SuG, or on Danger Crue with Unite, esp. when Taizo is close with Mio and LiN and they inspire each others guitar playing. It would be sick seeing them together more often, esp. when Kra has this unique feel that can add to.any good label and management...

SET-LIST at 2014/09/11:

Part I:
01.モノクローム
02.タイトロープ
03.リグレット
04.√age17
05.Utopia
06.さよなら
07.無才の鳥と果実
08.肌寒い季節の夜明け
09.上海遊戯
10.judge