Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

SCREW new maxi single "FUGLY" release

it is announced at SCREW Siesta limited one-man live "プラチナナイトショー(platina night show) Vol.5" at Takadanobaba AREA at 2013/12/23 that their new maxi single "FUGLY" will be released at 2014/04/23, although details have not yet been announced

btw they will hold their Siesta limited picnic at Hotel Zuihou in Sendai at 2014/04/05-04/06

limited edition TYPE A (1,944yen) will include CD (2 songs)+DVD (including "FUGLY" PV & PV shooting off-shot), limited edition TYPE B (1,944yen) will include CD (2 songs)+DVD (including "FUGLY" PV different member ver.), and regular edition TYPE A & B (1,620yen each) will include CD (3 songs with different track 3) only

AHAHAHAHA. I don't even know what to expect from a single with a title like this, but a title-song which is super tr00 with like, lyrics saying stuff about fat girls being raped and murdered would be nice.

I stopped taking Screw seriously ever since they released that album with Dustbox on it. It was just nasal distorted vocals over Jin playing on tin cans and the rest of the bunch sounded pretty unremarkable as well. When they brought out Brainstorm, it almost put me to sleep in the chorus. Gosh, Byou's voice is so airy and weak. They proably just keep him in the band because of his good looks.

I stopped taking Screw seriously ever since they released that album with Dustbox on it. It was just nasal distorted vocals over Jin playing on tin cans and the rest of the bunch sounded pretty unremarkable as well. When they brought out Brainstorm, it almost put me to sleep in the chorus. Gosh, Byou's voice is so airy and weak. They proably just keep him in the band because of his good looks.

and this is where I will cite my earlier comment off the other thread in different fashion:

it's not their music that landed them with "major status" - it's Byou's 100x deals with various fashion magazines, brands etc. etc. (Men's egg, Civarize...it's easy to spot him in various gal guy-related promo tbqh)

i think its about all their haters  :lolita_cheerful: 

Listening to SCREW when they were still just a nice edgy indie band. 

tumblr_inline_mz8d2qfcCh1r5pzg8.gif

Listening to them now 

tumblr_inline_mz8d3fuSAZ1r5pzg8.gif

Remember what fun song they used to make, like Zansatsu Fiction ;w; It ended with X-RAYS for me, that was the last mildly listenable album. I'm not even willing to sell it 'cause I'm emotionally attached to it.

I'm gonna give this a listen just because of the title, though.

I harbor no hate for SCREW, but back in 2007 they at least were kind of edgy. I even bought their first album, and I wanted to buy their release with VEGAS (which I liked) on it. But after that, they went downhill for me. Gather Roses after that was pretty nice, but that's about it. Nothing else beyond that ever managed to make me come back to this band.

[CD track list]
01.FUGLY
02.呪縛は永劫に...(jubaku wa eigou ni...)
03.delete (included in regular edition TYPE A)
03.至幸を狂わす半解な天秤(shikou wo kuruwasu hankai na tenbin)-New Recording ver.- (included in regular edition TYPE B )

Gt.Mikey Doling(ex-Soulfly, now in Snot, Channel Zero) has acted as guest Gt. of their song "呪縛は永劫に...(jubaku wa eigou ni...)"

Gt.Mikey Doling(ex-Soulfly, now in Snot, Channel Zero) has acted as guest Gt. of their song "呪縛は永劫に...(jubaku wa eigou ni...)"

Well... that's pretty random. xD

wait what ?

i cannot comprehend to how could this actually happen .

mikey doling ? really ?

Sign in to follow this