Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

Next Music from TOKYO!!! vol 2 (CANADA - OCTOBER 2010)

1. MASS OF THE FERMENTING DREGS

2. uhnellys

3. susquatch

4. sgt.

Oct 14 Vancouver @ Biltmore Cabaret !!

Oct 16 Toronto @ The Rivoli

Oct 17 Toronto @ The Velvet Underground (all ages!!)

Oct 19 Montreal @ Club Lambi

http://www.nextmusicfromtokyo.com/

A friend of mine is organizing this tour ALL BY HIMSELF. Yep, everything (including airfare for the bands to fly from Japan) is coming out of his pocket. There are no sponsors for this tour either. He's doing this all for the pure love of the Japanese indie scene. If there are any Canadians here, I implore you all to catch this show! Even if you're not familiar with these bands, showing up to support this tour could mean the start of something AMAZING as far as GOOD Japanese bands touring North America. =)

You have to be stupid not to go to this show. I've only heard about Sgt. but I'd go without thinking about it. Amazing band. Way underrated yo!

yeah...I'd go if I could, but I'm in GA (south of the US), and can't afford to take a trip up to Canada atm...={

Steve, the organizer, is already planning for the next tour...he wants bring bands like Midori, Rin Toshite Shigure, toe and Clammbon!

Here's a new interview where he talks about all of this: (he even gave me a shout-out haha "one80" )

http://www.anusaya.com/interview/tour-2/

yeah...I'd go if I could, but I'm in GA (south of the US), and can't afford to take a trip up to Canada atm...={

Steve, the organizer, is already planning for the next tour...he wants bring bands like Midori, Rin Toshite Shigure, toe and Clammbon!

Here's a new interview where he talks about all of this: (he even gave me a shout-out haha "one80" )

http://www.anusaya.com/interview/tour-2/

God damn, if he gets them next year will have to come over from the UK.

+oblig awesometourfromanawesomeguy. If anyone here has the chance to go, do it.

ah..., if only Clammbon are for this year.

I'd drive way to Vancouver from Cali!

I believe it'd be worth it! (and buy some milk and cheese on the border way home lol)

As for this year, MASS OF THE FERMENTING DREGS is the only artist i'm familiar with lol

will see if i have empty schedule during that time.

i'd love to support this event.

So, did some people go to the show yesterday? Saw a little footage from the show via rjztv.com (live stream) but it is offline at the moment...

Havent seen anyone speak about it yet on other forums....

I *should be in Chicago* during Oct, shall have to try and come to the Toronto gigs.

I'm probably going to the Montreal show(s) (How am I going to get in? Not sure...I'm not 18 yet, but I'll sneak in anyway). I'm super excited...in fact, I'm working on my passport next week. <3

Sign in to follow this