Sign in to follow this  
Spike760

D'espairsRay Human-clad Monster Tour

of course. But I have controlling parents, so I can't travel almost never, even if I have the money. so I must wait to turn 18. Therefore I hate the fact to see all bands coming to Europe and not to Italy or southern Europe. I mean, they always go to the North one. Damn, they all could try do to at least a date in souther france for example for all fans who haven't a show in their own country and want to see their favourite bands. anyway, I understand you XD even if I am from Europe. Because I saw all lots of bands coming to relatively near to me, but I can't do almost anything. quite depressing, meh.

anyway, I am lucky that D'espa come back to Italy XD finally a band I like so much I can attend to!

Its not even easy to travel across europe if you have the time and money to travel, because most jrock concerts are always at week days and most people have a job. I could never travel to paris or anywhere else , just because its unexpensive.

Anyway i go to Bochum if the new album is any good.

I do have a job and I don't have tons of money to spend.

but D'espairsRay is my favourite band and so I take the time and save up the money for enjoying as many concerts as possible.

I understand it's more difficult for someone who lives in, let's say, Australia or New Zealand or... Africa or something. And yes Europe tends to have more live performances from VK bands. I have no problem with you guys complaining because, hey, you never get Japanese bands that are this good (lol gtfo BLOOD).

But it's not neccessarily easy for us either. There was so much drama over Americans who basically thought, for instance, a German could open their front door, navigate a corner and OH SHIT THEY'RE IN ITALY SEEING D'ESPAIRSRAY IT'S SO UNFAIR THAT THE COUNTRIES ARE SO CLOSE AND EUROPE IS SO SMALL WHY DO THEY GET EVERYTHING BAW HAW HAW

It's not. Europe is huge. It's bigger than North America. And expensive. You guys have trains and subways and buses and cars and planes too. It's not as if Europe is some ultra new age, out of this world cyber continent with VAST UNEXPLAINED MEANS OF FASTER TRAVEL. It's not always easy to travel around Europe. Why? Because D'espairsRay chose a shitty route that any European backpacker would wtf at to fit in Russia. It makes no geographical sense. And the band aren't playing the UK this year, so I have to hop on over to Hungary and France. In theory, getting to France from England should be a breeze, unless you factor in that I live in a seaside village in the North of England, in the middle of nowhere, and it costs upwards of £100 to get to London for a start. And I have to get to Hungary first, which isn't included in any useful Eurail pass, so I have to fly there, and then fly to France, and then get the train to London, then pay to get home again.

I'm not going to rant about paying for Canada too, since I'm not going there to see them, it's just a bonus.

It is difficult for everyone in different ways. :(

It is difficult for everyone in different ways.

in fact! you are totally right. But too many American people think that for we Europeans it's so easy to travel. IT'S NOT. and I hate the fact that too many of them shout on despa's bulletin "PLEASE COME TO *insert random little city with less than 500.000 abitant name*". Damn. Can't you go either travel in your own state? I mean. Despa can't go directly to your home to make a show, lol. there are NOT private show.

It is difficult for everyone in different ways. :(
Haha, yeah. And I think we should leave it at that!

some people said they are thinking to cancel some USA dates because they sold only a few tickets. don't know if it's true or not... I read it in a comment on shattered tranquility. I hope for your American fans they won't/it's not true!

they better not cancel the Atlanta show, or else I'm gonna be pissed... there's no fucking way I'm driving all the way up to Chicago... thats like a 12 hour drive!

@Subliminal: Yes Europe is bigger than North America, and I would gladly use a train and all those other things you mentioned. But like every other American says, "We don't get as much bands as Europe." We always get the mainstream ones, unlike Europe. Also, transportation is obviously much easier in Europe than in America.

Anyway, I won't be able to go to the LA show because i'm in Mexico T.T

For a second I thought Belgium was in-between them.

It'll be either Germany or France for me. (If I can find the time to go :P)

Explain to me how transportation is easier in Europe than it is in America, because if we're ahead of the times and somehow have a vehicle Americans don't, I'd love to know. Please.

Public transportation in the US sucks. Their network of High Speed trains for example is about as big as that of Portugal. Yes, Portugal. A country that has a 100th of the size of the US.

So yes, when it comes to public transportation, Europe (or Japan as well, for that matter) is far ahead of the times. I think Americans mostly rely on planes, but that's probably more expensive, I dunno.

I have to travel by plane to get around, too, though. They have the means to travel. I know an American who is getting the bus from one gig to another (sans the West coast dates), so it can be done. I know another who's going to fly between three of the chosen states to see them, and one who's flying into Canada. Anyone who doesn't find a way is either too young, can't spare the cash (fair enough), or is just going to bitch about how far and how hard it is.

I think that when it boils down to it, Europeans are in bigger numbers more willing to make the trip to see the band and Americans aren't. Ticket sales seem to be proof of that, and every year I've seen foreigners go to the nearest country if a band don't play in theirs.

I'm just sick of seeing Americans saying we have it so easy. I certainly don't. :|

Explain to me how transportation is easier in Europe than it is in America, because if we're ahead of the times and somehow have a vehicle Americans don't, I'd love to know. Please.

Public transportation in the US sucks. Their network of High Speed trains for example is about as big as that of Portugal. Yes, Portugal. A country that has a 100th of the size of the US.

So yes, when it comes to public transportation, Europe (or Japan as well, for that matter) is far ahead of the times. I think Americans mostly rely on planes, but that's probably more expensive, I dunno.

Public Transport (like trains and such) run through almost every village where I live (except if you're in the middle of nowhere of course, or somewhere around the mountains)

From my doorstep it takes me 3 to 4 hours to get to london. 1 hour train ride to brussels, 2 hour train ride to London from there. It takes me 1 to 2 hours to get me to Amsterdam, 3 to get me to Cologne and 2 to get me to Paris. So with that, I can easily go to one of those 4 countries in the morning, and be back in the evening to sleep in my own bed. I don't think it's that easy in America as it is over here.

+ Europe isn't as widespread as America I guess. Everythings pretty close to eachother. Friends of mine just jumped into their car and drove of to Switserland. My father drives forth and back to spain a lot (crossing whole France).

Or maybe we're just not bothered by travelling a great distance to see our bands :P Japanese ones never come to my country so I'll always have to go abroad. Kind of used to it now.

Or maybe we're just not bothered by travelling a great distance to see our bands :P

I think this is it in a nutshell.

Do you live in England? Read your post again and realised that you don't, but I'm amazed that you can get to London faster than I can. :| I live up towards Scotland in a overcrowded village and it takes about 8 hours for me to get to London and costs around £100.

It takes four hours for me to get to Newcastle, and that is the second closest city to me. :(

Or maybe we're just not bothered by travelling a great distance to see our bands :P

I think this is it in a nutshell.

Do you live in England? Because I do, and I live up towards Scotland in a overcrowded village and it takes abot 8 hours for me to get to London and costs around £100.

It takes four hours for me to get to Newcastle, and that is the second closest city to me.

I live in Belgium :P the trains here are crazy (I think) In 15min I'm in Antwerp, 40 minutes to Brussels from there, and from there it takes me 2 hours to get to the middle of London at St Pancras. (and for youngsters it's about 65-70 pounds)

I'm lucky I guess.

Just noticed you said you travelled to Brussels in your post and edited it.

It is really weird how it takes someone from Belgium less time to get to London than it does someone from England. |D

Sign in to follow this