Ito

25 Days of MH-mas Discussion Thread

Guest Magatsu

This is my place!

I'll update this post everyday.

DAY 1 - ALSDEAD - Separator

I didn't listen to this album yet before. Nor I did really listen to ALSDEAD.

How to review this release. When I listen to this album. first thing what I'm thinking is. WTF do they actually want to PLAY? Metal, Rock, screemo, emo?

Some parts of some songs are played well, but there are also many parts where the drum and guitar are a fully mess of bad playing.

However I like the voice of the vocalist. But the music behind is voice... is really at a way different level, way lower.

It's a fun album. if you just want to listen to simple non surprising and special and new style of music. it not yet can be in my loving collection.

But I can clearly hear. Gazette and Acid Black Cherry/Janne da arc influences and other popular bands too.

My rating: 2 stars of 5

It's nice to listen to it for 1 time. But this band still has a long time to go. till it can touch my heart.

Day 2 amber gris - AROUND CHILDREN

What can I say about this album? Well I do like Temari’s voice. only sometimes the guitar really annoying me. sometimes the tune sounds so damn high in my ears and then my ears hurt.. (laugh)

It's not a very powerful played album. it's normal tempo rock music. but with very clean guitar rifs. You can hear that the band knows what they are doing. the breaks etc are nice.

Because of that you also can clearly here that this is a visual kei band who plays on a way higher level than most visual kei bands.

This album is well played and reminds me a bit of a mix of Dish, Emmuree and Vio(dish select). But then still with an own taste.

It's not really that special. it's fun to play the album a few times. But I wouldn't buy this album.

so no it doesn't tough my heart at all.

My rating:  2,5 stars of 5

Day 3 - a picture of her - C

Instrumental? mm somehow I truly miss the vocal. I miss real power.

And also nobody can beat You from Janna Da Arc. so it's not my taste sorry.

But let's be not to hard.

My rating: 3 stars of 5

Day 4 - CYCLAMEN - Ashura

Just no, preview..

Oh Metal.. kinda grunting dark voice (or how to call it) and then suddenly CLEAN vocal.

GTFO

I hate this kind of voice changing. 

No idea if it's in every song.. But sorry me not even gonna try the album.

My rating: 0 stars of 5

Day 5 - Dir en Grey - THE UNRAVELING

Diru.. always boring so always boring. also not going to try it. I don't like them and I will never love them easy enough.

But the reviews are nice. but I don't wanna try it.

My rating: 0 stars of 5

OH nice, a picture of her. Did NOT expect that to show up here actually. To be honest, haven't really listened to C yet , but loved their previous works =)

Day 3 - a picture of her - C

Industrial? mm somehow I truly miss the vocal. I miss real power.

And also nobody can beat You from Janna Da Arc. so it's not my taste sorry.

But let's be not to hard.

My rating: 3 stars of 5

Industrial? Janne Da Arc? What do these have to do with a picture of her at all? XD

Guest Magatsu

oh whoops Ito I mean "Instrumental". XD *goes edit it*

and I love Instrumental music more with lovely fast guitar riffs. just check youtube for Janne Da Arc You Solo and you know what I mean :P

so Day 3 artist is kinda again not my taste at all :P

Lol, ok, that makes a hell of a lot more sense...I don't think there is anything industrial about a picture of her at all lol.

Haha you underestimate us ;D

We have some more surprises in store coming up.

Well, actually didn't know a picture of her was shared widely to be honest, so that's why it caught me off-guard xD

Should relisten that album I guess, as I remember liking it, but actually it didn't stick in my mind =)

Still hoping for a surprise from you guys and see eri-nyo somewhere on that list =) (but it won't =()

If it makes you feel any better, I plan on having eri-nyo in my personal list :)

nice =). For so far I can remember what I've listened this year, her album has left the most memorable impression for me =). Some other might be on par or even better music-wise, but 空中ランドリー has been one of the most listened to albums for me =)

I checked out a picture of her and I really enjoyed them. Great instrumental post-rock. I hand't heard of them before so it's great to find a new band. They've got enough going on to keep you engaged in or simply lay back and relax 

Already know Cyclamen and I'm a fan of the band. 

Keep the good stuff coming.

I actually listened to the video posted for Macabre. I've never actually listened to the original, but I did like the remake. It was nice that they didn't overdo the super aggressive thing and I liked the organ / harpsichord parts.

However, that cadence. What the hell >: (

It's funny because I was disappointed by dir en grey's Unraveling, but yet I still enjoyed it. For me it's missing all the power the originals had and it made no sense to remake songs that were good to begin with. 

Yet the way the band remade their songs, with layers, improved production, and their now matured musicianship, it's a release that's  hard not to applaud. 

Yes! Glad to see this on here.  DIV's debut album is an extremely solid effort from a fairly new band.  I wrote an in-depth review but long story short, one of the best VK releases of the year, imo.  Some bands flourish with singles and then when they release that long-awaited album, they fail miserably.  Not with DIV.  I personally prefer this album to any of their previous stuff.  If you're looking for a mature, and well-executed pop-rock/alternative album from the VK scene, look no further!
9/10

(Also Linh, I actually love the song "interlude"! The way it leads into ASTERIOS is brilliant, :D)

Maiku hipped me onto DIV when I came back and I have to say it really is a great album and I look forward to hearing more from them in the future. Exactly what I like in my VK <3 

Other than that, I remember having liked a picture of her's previous EP from sometime ago but haven't listened to/didn't know about C yet and I will have to get on that soon. D: