Augie1995

Girugamesh- MONSTER review

All right, well now that I have my hands on the album I can officially give my opinion on it. Naya I am really tired so I might not finish this but so far it sounds pretty good

the intro song is absolutely spectacular, there's so much energy going on and the guitar rocks. I've already heard Drain from the previewd and the full PV but that's still a really awesome song. Voltage is something new, it's really pop metal song if I can say that but the breakdown is the most interesting thing becausE I have Yet to hear something like that. Incomplete and Zantetsuken are the usual good new girugamesh tracks. Antlion pit is a catastrophic beast! Sato she does really good here and he does some sick low growls. I gotta say that Nii is just ruling this album.

So far this album is shaping up to be their best one yet. This new sound that they've embraced is doing them good and I hope that they continue on with this sound.

Edit: All right, so I've almost thoroughly listened to the album and the only song that isn't really hitting me is "Live is Life" and the new Zecchou BANG. I feel the production on the new one is nicer but the instruments sound dull, especially the guitar. The guitar in this song contrasts so much with how the guitar has been throughout the whole album, strong and very "in your face" Other than that, the album is pretty much a strong one and I love it to death

Pros: Intro, Drain, Voltage, Resolution, Alone

Con: Live is Life, Zecchou BANG

:4.5:

It is fantastic. They are on a good role here. Glad to see them doing things right again. Might make my top 2013 albums list.

Guest Magatsu

This is actually my first try after a very long time again.

And I really love it.

it has everything what it should have. it has so many great things inside. and the vipe is amazing. it's so powerful.

However it really got now a kinda pop/rock beat. so actually "normal" people really should like this. with this you can though way more hearts then the music they played years ago :D

and every beat is on the right place, every break is on the right time. every scream is at the right time.

perfect album!

10/10

This is the best Giru release in years. It may not be as heavy as their early material, but it’s much closer in style to MUSIC in regards to the heavy, electronic and melodic combination. It feels so god damn good to hear double bass drumming with synched guitar chugs and Satoshi growl again. Where the hell was this Giru on their last 2 albums? This musical direction would have been a much more logical and welcomed progression after MUSIC then the overly sweet and simplified pop rock that followed.

The band has definitely mastered their sound of electronic infused melodic metal. It may not be an original sound by any means, but they execute it so well and make it highly enjoyable in the way only Giru can. The fusion of genres is seamless, everything feels natural and fits into place. The electronic influence on this album is heavily borrowed from dubstep. Wobbles, glitches, synths and dubstep growls make their appearances, adding some excitement and spice to the tracks without being overdone or too distracting.

The meat of the songs is definitely in the metal and rock fusion. Guitar riffs are present not just chugs, the drums and bass are tight and Satoshi’s strong vocals really drive the songs. What’s meant to be heavy is heavy, what’s meant to be fun is fun and what’s meant to be melodic and catchy is. There are some pop nuances found throughout and a few songs on the more poppy sound, but even on these tracks Giru seemed to have learned how to be more diverse and not just saccharine. 

A surprising, but really good release from the band. Come back album of the year IMO.

7.5/10

A really great album. This is the Girugamesh album that many have been waiting for and they delivered. Had high hopes for this one when INCOMPLETE came out and then Drain. My only complaint is the last few ending songs of the album. ESPECIALLY Zecchou Bang. When i heard this last year, I was convinced that they were done for good with no chance of returning. Its an ok song but the cheerleaders totally make it extremely cheesy and if I were Giru id be embarrassed to have that song in the discography/play it live. The rest of the ending songs are bearable but they throw off the mood of the album completely. Like how the hell do you go from really banging tracks to just all mellow? Regardless, its a nice come back album. Lets see what they do next.

7.5/10

Ending songs don't do it for me. if not, this rating would be higher.

Which album was better: Chimera or Go? I'm not familiar with either of them, but I cannot buy both.

I loved their older stuff, and Monster was a pretty good album as well. I generally prefer their heavier stuff.

EDIT: actually wnated to post this into the general threat *facepalm*

Edited by AwesomeNyappy