Sign in to follow this  
Wonrei

mysterious band "sukekiyo"

sukekiyo.jpg

These guys are going to open for sugizo on his solo tour and are also playing Countdown japan. No member information. With the events they are going to play, I bet they're probably all famous.

They have an EP announced, called "the daemon's cutlery"

http://sukekiyo-official.jp

Personal guess: The website definitely resembles the kyo(Dir en grey) solo project website, may be Dir en grey related

I think they're nothing to do about Dir en Grey, for the simple reason, DeG are in US tour actually ^^ it's just a similar interface for website.

The style of picture remind me The Mad Simpson ^^. I wait more info about it ^^

sugizo's show is on 12.29 and maybe dir en grey will be in japan on that day.

the guy on the right looks like kyo, but i don't think they would have free time for other projects.

The guy on the right looks just like how he did some months ago, before going on the ghoul tour,  but ok. We have to wait. And them not being in the japan makes no sense anyway as this was all probably made months ago and their US tour is very short and ends 11/24

This all just makes me curious arghh

One of Dir en grey official pages in facebook confirmed that "some" of DeG members will be most likely to be in the line-up of this band.

I hope the music they play is different of Dir en Grey's. I like Kyo's vocals but DeG is not my first choice for music. Not allways, at least.

Knowing how anti social kyo is and this probably being a project of his, I can already expect the unknown members to be people from Merry, Rentrer en Soi... maybe Kagerou

To knock on Ryuujii and side with wonrei, I did this

http://www.ip-adress.com/reverse_ip/sukekiyo-official.jp

3 Hosts on this IP

Number Domain / Host Functions 1. kyo-official.jp [Whois] 2. www.kyo-official.jp [Whois] 3. www.direngrey.co.jp [Whois]

So yeah, it's 100% DEG-related news (more closely enough to Kyo tho, the same IP hosts his Zemeckises-comic/merch site too)

Wut if sukekiyo is code for Daisuke (Die) & Kyo...

/Twilight Zone main theme

This is so bad but I think you've solved it. It's probably a double solo project(does this kind of stuff even exist?)

Die + Kyo are probably the only ones in deg that care about music and deg alone is probably not managing to let them "express themselves"

So, side project band thing, why not, I guess?

their Vo. is confirmed as DIR EN GREY Vo.京(kyo) and it appears to be his solo project, and the 3 songs they play are using falsetto and with acoustic guitar/woodbass/violin

just to make it clear. Sukekiyo now may be officially counted as Touru's solo project.

they played a show and someone kind enough on Tumboner has collected live reports on Twitter.

so, basically it was like this.

Tooru is now again blond, he was wearing a white leather jacket. Sukekiyo lineup features four more people which were not introduced to the audience.

it was DIR EN GREY staff preparing the set for Sukekiyo. I say that's logical.

the band played three songs, all in minor key. an SE intro was a piano.

the second track was played on an acoustic guitar, an upright bass and drums and something which could be recognized as violin (reporter wasn't sure).

the third track was again an acoustic guitar and a man who played violin on an electric guitar.

all songs got violent towards the second part with Tooru singing in a heavy falsetto, they felt somehow different from DIR EN GREY.

after finishing the songs Tooru said 'thank you' in a small voice and left. Shinya and Die were in the audience.

I hope that was any useful.

I think Sukekyo would be a better name for the band.

Sign in to follow this