Sign in to follow this  
chemicalpictures

The Random Music Recommendation Thread

Hey everyone, I know that there's artist specific threads, but I was thinking that there's no thread for us to share music that we like from artists that are not that famous or do not have their own threads here. The idea is to not be limited by a genre, to share anything that you like, even those hidden guilty pleasures that we all have! I hope there's nothing wrong with this! So, I'll start:

O Teatro Mágico

I thought of starting with a Brazilian band, since the only kind of music from here that people know of is Samba or Bossa Nova. This is one of my faves here, they're kind of a rock-pop conceptual band, with violins, percussions, mixing arts and music, with acrobats, dancers, fire breathers and other performancers. I can't recommend the first video enough, and I does not does justice to seen it live, it's just beautiful.

Steve Appleton

I started following him because of Jimi (ex-Chemical Pictures) who does some support for him now and then. He does some pop with bues and jazz touches that are really great. His earlier works are more on the line of a 'summer beach teenager movie', if that makes any sense, but it's very good too. I'd recommend 'Dirty Funk', 'Sunny days of Summer' and 'World Rolls By'.

The Arrows

This is actually a Gospel duo, but it's such a nice jazzy pop (kinda reminds me of Joss Stone) that it certainly does not matter.

Gloria

This is another brazilian band, this time with a generic metalcore sound, but I find it quite good, and I'm sure many of you will like it too.

Sign in to follow this