Champ213

Your favourite songs/releases by artists your normally don't like

So.... basically this is the reverse of sai's thread. XD

Meaning, are there any songs or maybe even releases you really like by bands you normally dislike/don't care for at all? Maybe even just one song from all those you have heard by that band?

I know several of such cases, but I'll start with just this:

I never really cared much for The Gazette. To be fair, I didn't try their most recent works, and I remember DIM being a decent album, but I can't really remember any specific songs from it.

However, there is one song that I have always liked since release, and that is Cassis - (because deep down inside I'm just a ballad-loving sissy.) XD

I personally never liked DELUHI. Most of the songs were just really "eh" too me and never really hit me. The guitar solos often sounded like they were randomly mashed in because LEDA needed to have his 30 seconds of fame IN EVERY SINGLE SONG. Aggy was never needed tho, still surprised they disbanded because the only guy they didn't need left.

ANYWAY, NOW FOR THE GOOD PART. 砂の泉 (Suna no Izumi).

HOLY. SHIT. It was the new track on their best album before they disbanded and even though I've never liked a single DELUHI song 砂の泉 just HITS. The melodic chorus with foreign influences in combination with the vocal work is gorgeous, the guitar wankery actually FITS, the solo isn't disjointed from the rest of the song for once, Juri's vocals are really gentle but still powerful and you can actually hear the bass for once. Overall I really love this song but it's the only DELUHI song I have on my HD.

I don't Like the GazettE (maybe because I can't have any discussion with their "14 years old fan" and because for their "fan", this band has created music) , but I have I really appreciate their song CASSIS nothing special, but I like it (and Carry?, Hyena & Filth the beauty) but not more, for me this band isn't interesting (even if I try each new release, maybe by minds of awareness)

In international music, the band Cradle of filth, I have try more album, but nothing interest me exept two song : Nymphetamine Overdose, Nemesis & (for me their best song) A Gothic Romance (Red Roses for the Devil's Whore)

lol I'm gonna mention Gazette too. I normally don't care for their releases at all (mostly the current ones), but Filth in the beauty is amazing. There's no shame to admit it's one of the best anthems of this current generation of VK. Songs like Miseinen, zetsu and Anata no tame no kono inochi are standouts too. Hell, quite a few of their early works are good. DIM is a fairly good album too (13 STAIRS [-] -1, DIM SCENE and IN THE MIDDLE OF CHAOS are great).

Alice Nine is another case. I don't think they're anything special, but Zekkeishoku is a hell of an album. From start to finish. Then they decided it was cool to just release a few good songs here and there (like the GEMINI trilogy, THE LAST EMPIRE and 9th Revolver).

It doesn't say specifically to Japanese music so I'm going to spread out...

Pierce the Veil- Tangled in the Great Escape (because it has Jason Butler from Letlive. in it and that just made the song.)

...That's it from now but I'll remember some later

You don't like Pierce the Veil much either? I don't know why they are popular to be honest, sorry...lol but I dig "King for a Day"

As for Japanese, I can't get into Luna Sea...I know I should, but I don't like them. I do like "End of Sorrow" though

X Japan "Silent Jealousy"

Merry "Japanese Modernist" "Underworld"

lynch "Shadows", "Adore" their new mini album was ok too

Yousei Teikoku is not quite rock, not quite electronica, and not quite classical. Normally I am interested in bands that mix these genres. I wouldn't say their music is bad. You probably can't find anything like it in Western rock. Those melodies are definitely unique to J-pop/J-rock. However, rock fans might be a bit disappointed if they are mainly looking for super cool riffs and solos from this band (look for those from Asriel instead). I haven't listened to many songs by them so I am not sure. 

The problem is that the lead singer's voice is too much for me. I can't stand high dose of it. That's why I am not a fan. I've heard from some online review that their latest album released this year is good. Most of their songs I heard on YouTube are pretty good, such as this one (vocals on this song sound "normal" compared with their other songs): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HB6Xj5fZSI  

You don't like Pierce the Veil much either? I don't know why they are popular to be honest, sorry...lol but I dig "King for a Day"

As for Japanese, I can't get into Luna Sea...I know I should, but I don't like them. I do like "End of Sorrow" though

X Japan "Silent Jealousy"

Merry "Japanese Modernist" "Underworld"

lynch "Shadows", "Adore" their new mini album was ok too

Pierce the Veil are chill guys, and they come from my country, Mexico, so I have some respect towards them especially for being a living band right now, but I can't get into them. It's not Vic's voice because I can deal with that fine after listening to VK for 3 years straight, I can't place why I hate them...I mean, I obviously don't hate them because I made a guitar cover of King for a Day and uploaded it on my YouTube but I just don't want to listen to their music. Tangled for a Great Escape is the only reason I haven't deleted their new album...That and "I'm low on gas and you need a jacket" starts off with a melody that is super nostalgic for some reason

I am the same with two of jduv86's choices. I have never been able to get into X Japan and I don't really know why, but there is one song I do enjoy listening to of theirs which is I.V. I also have the same problem with Luna Sea, but I think it's their song called 'Shine' I only like.

I'm going to go with Black Gene for the Next Scene and their first release DOOM.

Yes, it could be counted among the artists who went downhill after 'x' release, but bear with... I remember not liking XodiacK due to the vocals, especially the growls (but now looking back they're not as bad as I remember) but then I happened to listen to DOOM and I was really pleasantly surprised and looking forward to what else they would come out with and I actually enjoyed his vocals (I remember XodiacK fans despairing in the YT comments though xD) 

Then the khz thingy came out and I don't think I've been able to listen to them since :( which makes me sad but there are plenty more VK fish in the sea

Would go with Para:noir's track this time (yes, I might have liked them earlier but in terms of listening nowadays this is the only track I listen to off their repertoire):

Not my type of band but geez, the song itself is perfect equivalent to my nightlife (would go for soundtrack pretty much) :)

I've said this countless times already, and I'm going to say it again here: I'm always more drawn to slower songs. I never cared about Sadie (and I still don't), but I liked Swallow Rain. Same thing goes for The Gazette... A lot of their songs were not really to my liking, but I somehow found Calm Envy, Chizuru and D.N.L. quite engaging.

I remember when Merry first hit the VK scene I remember picking up Shoxx or Cure Magazine and seeing that Kyo from Dir en grey was an inspiration and supporter of the band since Gara was a roadie for Diru, which got me excited since it was around 2002 and I was obsessed with Diru at that point.  However, I never really liked anything they put out.  I tried again and again, and just didn't like it.

激声 (Gekisei) was the exception.  The acoustic intro instantly hooked me.  It didn't matter if I hated the rest of the song, that intro was pure love at first listen and I learned to love the song because of it.

So deep down inside, some of you guys are GazettE fans :o

I mostly like pop-rock sounding bands like DaizyStripper before their dump of like 40 songs in 2 albums and ViViD before going major.

If a band doesn't grab me first, I just tend to ignore them. Or fail to keep me interested, then I ignore them as well.

I'm not much of a Moran fan, but I absolutely love SNOWING.

And then there are those symphonic metal bands which I simply can't appreciate (to put it euphemistically). But I can listen to "Everlasting Dream" (HGP) and "Episode" (Versailles) all day. Although, to be fair, "Episode" is nothing like the typical Versailles song but it is amazing nonetheless. Sometimes less is more ;)

There is a reason why I don't listen to the bands that I know of and dislike, I just don't like their sounds. Not even the slightest feeling comes to when I think about those other bands.

If I like one of their songs then they are in my list of bands that I like.

At the top of my head I just can't think of one.

I'm not really into DIAURA but their some of their songs are worthy to be in my playlist. INFINITE, ANOTHER GATE, endless loop.

/\ucifer's song, Regret, is the only song I love outta their entire discography.

Rentrer en Soi is another one I never cared for however, I really liked the songs STIGMATA, UNENDING SANCTUARY, TO INFINITY, and their MEGIDDO album.

Toge, World's End by Glay

Merrymaking by An Cafe

Hoshi no Suna by Gackt

Oh My Juliet by LM.C

Daidai glitter summer by v(neu)

Kurenai by X Japan

Right now the first thing that is coming to my mind is Fairy Fore's VIVID...and by all accounts I shouldn't like that song either lol.

Filth in the Beauty with Gazette. It was the first song I heard by them and I thought (and still thinks) it was really awesome. Can't say I've listened to all their stuff, but what I've heard hasn't been near as good. Did they ever release a similar song?

Filth in the Beauty with Gazette. It was the first song I heard by them and I thought (and still thinks) it was really awesome. Can't say I've listened to all their stuff, but what I've heard hasn't been near as good. Did they ever release a similar song?

They're released similar songs with that juxtaposition of the female vocals to the harder guitars in Swallowtail in the Death Valley (off of Stacked Rubbish), but that song is marginal at best.