sai

Least favourite songs/releases by your favourite artists

Everything ゾロ released after Taizo and Yuuya's departure.  ゾロ  always had nice synthy electronic elements to their music but ZORO was electro overkill. Ryuuji and Tapi looked gr8 though.

I always used to say Purple Stone has no bad songs..... but then Poison Chocolate happened. I actually really love Panic Panic so it's not the cheesiness that bothers me, but here we're comparing a decent block of cheddar to a pack of Kraft singles, if you get what I mean.

Was never exactly crazy for DADAROMA's Kurt but it's not terrible, but Dilemma to Candle is by far their most boring.

Dir en grey's Marrow of a Bone is like nails on a chalkboard and I always feel really alone on this one????? Oddly enough I think it had the potential to be a decent album if only another band did it

Pretty much anything except for HOT ROD CIRCUIT after &.U's release in La'cryma Christi's case.

The moment they thought it would be cool to ape Van Halen and Aerosmith in their duncurr phases was one huge, fat mistake. Oh, and I am not a fan of straightforward pop songs by them either really - guess I always liked my La'cryma *surprising*, *proggy*, *mysterious*...

hide's ROCKET DIVE, certainly it's not a bad song, but I can't listen to it again.

For BT, I choose Symphonic Buck-Tick In Berlin.

Rouage's Mune ni Furu Ame Mune ni Saku Hana, the title is beautiful, however I can't make myself like the melodies.

Pierrot - Hello

It was one of Pierrot's last songs released after they disbanded. The band was in bad terms, apparently, Kirito and Aiji could barely look at each other in the eye and their music at that time showed the lack of inspiration. Even in the PV they all seem disconnected as a band.

Not necessarily a horrible song, but dull and I have never liked certain inclination in Kirito's work for monotonous rap-like melodies to be honest.

16 hours ago, seikun said:

Pierrot - Hello

It was one of Pierrot's last songs released after they disbanded. The band was in bad terms, apparently, Kirito and Aiji could barely look at each other in the eye and their music at that time showed the lack of inspiration. Even in the PV they all seem disconnected as a band.

Not necessarily a horrible song, but dull and I have never liked certain inclination in Kirito's work for monotonous rap-like melodies to be honest.

Especially because FREEZE was surprisingly consistent and GOOD. Hell, I was listening to it today again. It sounds better today than it did back in the day.

Shortcake is Gotcharocka's worst release. It was the first thing I heard, dissed the band for like two years until I gave Crisis a try. Now I love them but still dislike Shortcake.

On 12/30/2016 at 2:57 PM, itsukoii said:

i have to get this off my chest.

dadaroma's recent「造花とカラシニコフ」single was... something i really did not enjoy.

people kept hyping it up, saying it wouldn't be filled with ballads, but dammit it's filled with ballads!

also, mejibray's nanaki is something i can't stand. 

i think i just have an undeniable hatred for ballads,,, (most ballads. some are actually good)

[2]

造花とカラシニコフ was the only good track on this release tbh.

I absolutely love THE BLACK SWAN but I just can't enjoy ETERNAL SLEEP

I know this is gonna get me hate, but Arche by Dir En Grey. 

Sorry, but it was just boring for me. Diru really needs to find a new genre to do because the deathcore has been overdone. They've been doing it for like almost 10 years already. And yes, there are other possibilities for them, some even allowing for more creative freedom. If I'd have to predict, I'd say they're probably do progressive Metalcore next, but IDK.

Also, any and all of Diru's remakes are crappy, because they sound nothing like the original and share little to no similar lyrics. In the case of Zan though, I liked the guitars, but the vocals bored me. I think if Kyo kept in the unstable singing, screaming and laughs, and did them in tandem with the growling, I'd actually like it.

I personally didn't like their deathcore stuff as much anyway. It felt too much of a sudden divergence from their other stuff. They started out as Alternative Metal on Gauze and Macabre, then progressed toward Nu Metal on Kisou then completely became Nu Metal on Vulgar. Then, Uroboros came and it was just completely different from the rest of their stuff... Like, it doesn't feel natural. It would have felt more natural if they progressed as Nu Metal, then Metalcore, then Deathcore, but IDK. 

I guess they're kind of at a genre dead end, because now everyone expects complete shredding and growling out of them. Anything remotely simpler would not be received well. People now expect shred over soul. Heck, their fanbase is already starting to get filled with Metalheads from the western Metal scene, who literally call their old stuff "Pseudo Metal" and are all like "How can you like that early stuff? Listen to Arche! That's a complete masterpiece!!". Like, I like their older stuff because it feels more creative and more natural and has more synergy. Though, the latter is due to Kyo distancing himself from the rest of the members..

Then there is Misui by Kuroyuri To Kage.... Seriously, this song is too simple. It bores the death out of me. Gichigichi was great because it had a fun feel to it, and had a small amount of complexity to it. But Misui... the riff is so simple, and is played all throughout the song, and the breakdown is just lacking. The song structure isn't doing it any favours either. But you see, I'm ok with the original version,

it's the live version they released on Ankoku Sekai Wa Yami that gets me.... Like, out of all the songs they had live, they did Misui? Did they even have to do a live song? I personally would have made another original song if I were in their place, because Kuroyuri has quite a small discography. 

Most of the albums Plastic Tree had released after Cell are kinda lost on me. I really dig everything they did before that, but somehow the magic disappeared at some point save for very few songs that still keep me interested in checking out everything they put out in hopes it might be good.

Most of the stuff MUCC did on The End of the World is major, cringe-worthy meh. I mean Ender Ender is a great live song and the title track is fairly decent. But after those two the album goes to shit. And this is coming from someone who liked Karma in a non-ironic way.

BUCK-TICK's Arui wa Anarchy was just plain boring.

The only songs that save Shiina Ringo's Hi Izuru Tokoro are Kodoku no Akatsuki and Nippon.

MERRY - Zetsubou, Zero, and Happy Life

dance-moms-its-the-final-solo-battle-bef

And the entirety of Megaromania's "Artistical Glint" :///

Edited by midi:nette