Sign in to follow this  
Spike760

Need Your Guys' Help!

Ok I need your guys' help!

This board is about 3 years old. So now it's time to revamp it so it's a lot better! Help me come up with ideas and put the boards from the new one's that weren't on this one. I have a horrible memory. Share any smilies (I'm pretty sure I can add them) that you'd like to see added. Maybe we'll look for new skins for the board and do all new graphic designs.

Thanks for all your help and support!

Hmmm I don't know anything about Zetaboards but I did see an option to do it in the ACP. Once I get in contact with the Administration I'll bring it up!

I still have a few (9) gigs online space free, with unlimited traffic... Could start a new forum or something, or if you backed it up, I could host it on there for now...

So... I think the old forums (.net) used to show more topics per page, this one shows about 10 topics, I guess. I think it would be better if it was more like TW, though I don't remember how many we had there... (maybe 30 or 40 or 50...)

I know each user can edit the way they view the board themselves (and I edited mine), but most people don't know or remember about it.

Then there's another restriction on....images per post. The default is 10 per post, and that doesn't help much when posting discographies and stuff... so I guess it would be better if we could add more images.

Even if this is a replacement board, those are easily changed... but I think people would appreciate it. Hm...I think that's all. XD

Cutting down on the size of the hideously huge sigs would be nice. I'm tired of scrolling and scrolling and scrolling...

/I'm aware I've also got an annoying huge sig and I'm probably going to get rid of it anyhow...

I agree with you on the huge sigs, it's pretty annoying,

oh and revenge&respite your sig is tiny compared to some other people.

Anyway i'm starting to like this place more alot, it's alot faster

and more reliable, i mean when the other one is up i

doubt it will be long till it's down again.

is it possible to blend in the date, when a topic was started? it only shows when the last post was... i rly miss that from the old forum...

I agree with you on the huge sigs, it's pretty annoying,

oh and revenge&respite your sig is tiny compared to some other people.

Ummm, I already added a code that limits the images in sigs 2 days ago. That's why his sig is small, it gets resized, just like all other images in sigs. I even chose a very low limit for image height so that the sig doesn't get too bloated even when somebody stacks 2 pics above each other. So I find it weird that you still think the sigs are too huge. I really can't do more than that. If it still annoys you, then just disable to display of sigs alltogether.

is it possible to blend in the date, when a topic was started?

You can see the date when the topic was started at the top of each thread.

Guest o hai itz will

Something that would really catch my eye, would be a Hometown J-Rock Fans board. Perhaps people could connect on a geographic level and potentially hang out if they live in the same area / keep each other updated about tours coming through their towns and such There could be sub forums for certain cities and such, I would thoroughly enjoy that! This has been done really well in some of the boards I've gone too (but regarding anime fans and not J-Rock Fans).

My only concern is that there might not be enough users to really implement this.

Something that would really catch my eye, would be a Hometown J-Rock Fans board. Perhaps people could connect on a geographic level and potentially hang out if they live in the same area / keep each other updated about tours coming through their towns and such There could be sub forums for certain cities and such, I would thoroughly enjoy that! This has been done really well in some of the boards I've gone too (but regarding anime fans and not J-Rock Fans).

My only concern is that there might not be enough users to really implement this.

I actually like this idea a lot, but you might be right with like not enough users. And like I'm not sure how we would separate the sub-forums, because Tainted World users are from ALL OVER, so it couldn't be city, I don't even know if we could do states, it would probably have to be countries; and then maybe cities as topics?

Well we had the international forum before, it wasn't really that actively used. Maybe once we've grown back again a bit, at the moment I don't think there are enough users to make forums for different cities.

Continents would be more like it, lol.

Guest o hai itz will

Yeah, that's my main concern. But I would overall appreciate such a board, because I always want to meet new people, and if more come, I'm sure we can all make it work.

Other than that after a few more tweaks I can see this site being that much better!

Guest o hai itz will

oh and a little praising: where this site succeeds is that it's a forum made up by fans of all kinds of music from Japan. Places such as Fukkatsu and Batsu are primarily made up of Dir en grey fans, which is certainly no fun

Well, for now I could just re-add the International Subforum.

People can use it to talk in their own languages, but they could also make threads for certain cities or regions to connect with fans from their area, if any are around.

Guest o hai itz will

Nah thats ok haha. I doubt it would get much attention until more people show up xD

but i don't wanna open every thread to c when they started

Hover your mouse over the thread's title and it'll show up without you having to open it. >.>'

Hover your mouse over the thread's title and it'll show up without you having to open it. >.>'
man, jus' say no if it's not possible... damn those wiseacres

Nice going. Insulting people for trying to help you. Especially since she just told you how it is possible. You wanted to know how to see the starting date of a thread without opening it, she told you how, so what's the problem?

Another than that: no. There is no other way except the one she told you.

There might be some sort of mod for it, but with your rude attitude I'm not inclined to waste my time searching for one. Just point your mouse over the thread, it takes a second and is not too much to ask. And stop being so rude, here and on other threads.

Nice going. Insulting people for trying to help you. Especially since she just told you how it is possible. You wanted to know how to see the starting date of a thread without opening it, she told you how, so what's the problem?

Another than that: no. There is no other way except the one she told you.

There might be some sort of mod for it, but with your rude attitude I'm not inclined to waste my time searching for one. Just point your mouse over the thread, it takes a second and is not too much to ask. And stop being so rude, here and on other threads.

well, i just responded accordingly the way she commented. putting this ">.>' " at the end of her comment is insulting as well - tellin' ppl they're stupid. besides, i don't mind if some1 is tryin' to help me but i'd rather hear the answer to my question first, if this isn't too much asked for

anyway i'm sry if one or the other thinks my behaviour was inappropriate - i only try to comment on the same lvl as others

Sign in to follow this