Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

Guilty Pleasures in Japanese Music!

If you're just gonna post something like, "I don't feel ashamed for listening to anything" or "I don't have any guilty pleasures", then good for you - save yourself the time and refrain from posting. The point is, I'm sure most of us can completely own up for liking some of the stuff that we do. This thread is merely for sharing some of the music we like of questionable quality or stuff that we wouldn't readily admit to liking. =)

I find most "J-urban" (hate that tag) stuff to be downright embarrassing (moreso for the artists lol), but I really liked ARIA's song "RESPECT"....It's not bad for an "urban" pop song, it's actually well done. But all in all, it's not somthing I'd be caught listening to ^^;;

6XDGRYVylfM

I won't lie, I liked Koda Kumi's song "BUT" when it came out...I even downloaded the single and this is certainly not the kind of pop that I'm into lol. In fact, I checked out Koda's more recent PV for "Lollipop" and it made my heart ache it was so bad.

78BibDuaqVE

guilty pleasures.

Hm, i tend to think i don't have any,

but actually that is not true!

I guess every one at least have one guilty pleasures,

and i always feels bad but good everytime i hear music from some boyband. SMAP, V6 and most recently OJS48 lol (hm the latter one not really boys, though)

i tend to avoid to scrobble artists from these genre if i could. I feel embarassed for listening to it (and was careful to not let many people knows i heard their music, i hid their CDs from the shelves if anyone come to visit me, since they usually call or txt at least a day earlier me before they visit, thx God for inventing manners!) but i enjoyed it too much! xD

Many people would probably say Gackt and Sunsgrind for me. Gackt . . . obvious reasons, and Sunsgrind because they are a "sk8er band" which that alone sounds like an embarrassing genre to be into. I guess I'd even go as far to say D'espairsRay - new and old stuff alike; they have some bad songs, but I just can't help but like them! D:

Also, I there are a few Gackt-era Malice Mizer ("Le Ciel") and some Dir en grey songs (like "Yokan" and "Saku") I consider my guilty pleasures . . . and L'arc en Ciel's "My Heart Draws a Dream." Really any stuff from bands that are nostalgic that I've moved on from a long time ago. ^_^'

Alice Nine and YUI I guess. Because the first is a band with a fanbase consisting of mostly 13-16 year old girls and the second has a way too cute voice with sugar sweet music that does not at all fit into my music taste but I like YUI anyway.

Merzbow is a legend and should not be anyones guilty pleasure. Nor should Enka. Lots of damn good Enka out there that everyoine should love.

Merzbow is a legend and should not be anyones guilty pleasure.

most people don't understand noise...there are even more folks out there who've never heard of it, so I can see why Skidium would consider merzbow a guilty pleasure.

I am well aware of that, but I still don't cosider him a guilty pleasure. Unless I misunderstood what a "guilty pleasure" is. Don't think so though.

lmao, legend or not, I'd still feel odd listening to noise in front of most people...it's definitely nothing to play for the ladies either. =)

I was playing Merzbow loud in the classroom last week, in front of guys, chicks and the teacher. No one understood a shit, but I enjoyed it and felt proud for liking the guy. I'm not into too much Noise though. Just some here and some there.

It was the same when I played Drone and Ambient. No one got it, I loved it. Their loss, not mine. :mrgreen:

And why is that? They asked me to put on some music that _____I_____ liked and I put on music that _____I_____ like. Lately I've been in a Sunn O))), Boris (Drone/Hardcore stuff) and Carl Sagan's Ghost mode. So why wouldn't I play something that I've been listening to a lot lately when they ask me to put on something? Jeez!

It's not like I never helped them finding a shitload of Metal, Punk, Rock and HipHop anyway. So a lot of them listens to bands daily that I helped them find. Supah elitist DESU!

Sign in to follow this