Sign in to follow this  
7gatsu8ka

Bad/Weird Jrock PV's

Boring or not interesting video,not the song :Umno:

BINECKS - THE SUN

cfmmhz681Ms

^| it's too simple, with uncool background.

Bad Jrock PVs: 99% of every jrock PV ever made.

Kagrra have made some decent ones in recent time, Merry have some good ones. The rest is pretty much garbage. Probably forgetting about some good ones though. Especially Dir en grey and Gazette's PVs are really lame, boring and crap. But PVs do tend to suck a lot in general. Not only for jrock bands.

Um...yes. For me it is. Don't care if it doesn't match up with your opinion.

that Madeth gray'll - shozoku no chou be

WT*! *LMFAO*

:gaga:

ant this too

wcgTjX0aKLk&p

can't stand watching this although the song isn't that bad

I-JbbZAeb1g

Madeth ones are pretty bad but I think Azalea has them beat.

There are plenty of other awful PVs but older PVs for the bands without a real budget are pretty bad and lulzy. (But you gotta love it!) If there was a contest I think Azalea would be up there in the top 5.

*edit*

Wd4dWh1S1zY

Another worth posting.

I'm just wondering what you're basing your opinion on. If it's just Dir en Grey, the gazette, merry, kaggra and other VK/VK-related bands, then you've seen very few Jrock PVs. Certainly not enough to make such a bold claim, even if it is an exaggeration.

You should probably reword your statement as "99% of every the jrock PVs I've ever seen"

I'm just wondering what you're basing your opinion on. If it's just Dir en Grey, the gazette, merry, kaggra and other VK/VK-related bands, then you've seen very few Jrock PVs. Certainly not enough to make such a bold claim, even if it is an exaggeration.

You should probably reword your statement as "99% of every the jrock PVs I've ever seen"

Holy moly! :lol:

Here's the worst, BTW:

(√eight - Fake). The worst part about this PV is that it's even worse than the song, which is utter, utter, utter garbage. This band failed way too hard at everything they tried.

I know they were an indie band, and can't expect high Quality videos from them,

but but seems like those was recorded with HandyCam lol

Here's a great song with an awful PV =(

c3IwChRzAoY

It's funny because their previous PV for "wreckage" was at least more professionally shot. There is absolutely nothing going on in this PV.

Here's the worst, BTW:

(√eight - Fake). The worst part about this PV is that it's even worse than the song, which is utter, utter, utter garbage. This band failed way too hard at everything they tried.

This! Down is also terrible

Also the 90's pv's are awful, but from the current i'd choose these for the worst:

Nega - Muddy Cult.

HAY GAIZ I SAW THIS DIR EN GEY PV AND I WANTO MAKE ONE TOOO

exist†trace - Judea

Ugh. The vocals rival the video on awful,

I wouldn't say Nega's PV is the worst. Only the fact that you believe it's too heavily influenced by DIR EN GREY (which I can understand) does not make it THAT bad. You can clearly see they put quite some time into that PV to create an atmosphere and it worked. It's much better than a lot of other PV's by visual kei bands really.

If you want some truly horrible PV's, try Phantasmagoria, they made shooting bad video's a sport and they're good at it.

It's badly shot and the effects are bad. While Obscure had some kind of art direction ( lyrics ) and was for the most part well made, Muddy Cult just fucks around and recycles while Obscure let you see something new from beginning to end. It isn't the worst, but it's a really bad imitation while not having any point whatsoever. If for some reason they haven't even seen Obscure ( which i doubt ) then... Well it's still bad dammit! :P

oh yeah and Phantasmagoria PV's are bad. Reminds me mysteriously of the gimp scene from Pulp fiction.

Both Muddy Cult and Obscure PVs suck. So does Phantasmagoria and their PVs.

Truth. The problem is most are painfully boring and unnecessary rather than just being bad. So many are filmed very clean and have a budget but they just do that standard film the band and then some unrelated woman/or setting then keep cutting back. Just boring. Now, weird pvs are always welcome. If it makes me go "wtf?" at least it caused a reaction from me other than just never watching it again. I used to watch/download pvs a lot but haven't bothered in the last 3 years really.

@Libertine - what PVs are you and mono watching!!!??? lol, seriously. J-rock is MUUUUUCH bigger than just the stuff you guys see posted/talked about here on TW/batsu. It annoys me to see people say 99% of J-rock when, #1 - no one here has watched 99% of j-rock videos, #2 - I've seen quite a few creative/funny/entertaining videos in the world of Japanese rock, so naturally, I'm at odds with your claims

Granted, there are A LOT of boring/crappy PVs out there, but I wouldn't just discredit J-rock in it's entirety...

Kagrra have made some decent ones in recent time, Merry have some good ones. The rest is pretty much garbage. Probably forgetting about some good ones though. Especially Dir en grey and Gazette's PVs are really lame, boring and crap. But PVs do tend to suck a lot in general. Not only for jrock bands.

hmm... can you tell me what's the 1%? x3

*just curious^^*

90s and early 2000s indies vk is usually a safe bet for some adorable trash:

2GBm5GyVEvM

Shiny gothic outfits (5 persons): 80.000 Yen

Hair dye (5 colours): 15.000 Yen

Borrowing the handheld camera from your friend: 0 Yen

Going to a public park and having cars driving through the background: priceless.

i couldn't find specific examples for now,

but i always find PVs that either only showing bands performing without storyline and/or PVs that gets way too weird/noir/gory/surreal to reach the status Cult (to their standards!) but become pointless instead, is lame.

A good PV should be interesting without being over the top and should not left it's viewers a big question marks after watching it. And thingking "wth am i just watching?!!"

It must have clear messages of what they wanna say by visualize the lyrics of the song or stuffs.

90s and early 2000s indies vk is usually a safe bet for some adorable trash:

2GBm5GyVEvM

Shiny gothic outfits (5 persons): 80.000 Yen

Hair dye (5 colours): 15.000 Yen

Borrowing the handheld camera from your friend: 0 Yen

Going to a public park and having cars driving through the background: priceless.

That's my favorite music video :D It's a shame that they've progressed and now spend more than $30 on their PVs : /

Sign in to follow this