orangetarts

American Horror Story

The horror genre relies heavily on recycled tropes in general. Exploring and exploiting those tropes is basically AHS' thing. Part of the fun is seeing just how many they can fit into each season and what kind of story they weave through it. 

the problem is there isn't a AHS fell to it to me like the past seasons, maybe it's just me. its just lame. also stabbing should be left to the following.

going expand what i said to *left to professional stabbers (game of thrones, gotham). lol @ horror genre more like SN. i was more "scared out" by stalker than any AHS season

Jesus. Horror isn't necessary meant to be scary, you know.

dahh no horror movie is scary. "scared out" does not = scary

going expand what i said to *left to professional stabbers (game of thrones, gotham). lol @ horror genre more like SN. i was more "scared out" by stalker than any AHS season

But you were complaining that its "been done before". That's what I was commenting on. And by saying stabbing should be "left to professional stabbers"; a fantasy drama and a glorified buddy cop show... you do know that "slasher/serial killer" is an entire horror genre unto itself, right? That's exactly why AHS has had at least one in every season.

But you were complaining that its "been done before". That's what I was commenting on. And by saying stabbing should be "left to professional stabbers"; a fantasy drama and a glorified buddy cop show... you do know that "slasher/serial killer" is an entire horror genre unto itself, right? That's exactly why AHS has had at least one in every season.

no i was complaining

the problem is there isn't a AHS feel to it to me like the past seasons, maybe it's just me. its just lame.

the been done before and "left to" was at how cheap you said coven was. and dahhh scream is my favorite "horror," well proper "horror" movie

anyway the 2nd ep was way better, even though its feels like a crappy abc family show at time. i don't like jessica as the manipulative bitch this time though. the rich boy is my fav

Not sure if you see that you end up quoting yourself everytime and it's a little confusing what parts you are replying to. I thought you were calling Freak Show cheap with its mad at the world concept. But I think both seasons actually share that sentiment. Coven and Freak Show are both based on groups that are outcasts of society. 

Her manipulation technique is not as covert and subtle as it was in Murder House or Coven, but I don't find her more desperate approach this season bad. I'm enjoying the differences. Rich boy is pretty awesome.

The twist at the end was great! I wonder if he'll end up being even scarier than Twisty?

Not sure if you see that you end up quoting yourself everytime and it's a little confusing what parts you are replying to. I thought you were calling Freak Show cheap with its mad at the world concept. But I think both seasons actually share that sentiment. Coven and Freak Show are both based on groups that are outcasts of society. 

Her manipulation technique is not as covert and subtle as it was in Murder House or Coven, but I don't find her more desperate approach this season bad. I'm enjoying the differences. Rich boy is pretty awesome.

The twist at the end was great! I wonder if he'll end up being even scarier than Twisty?

well i was or atleast its part of it. but with coven witches are the shit, you go to them for help. and it's not like they're are the kind with monstrous faces.

idk   desperate just feels wrong with her, atleast here

I think my impervious approach to clowns makes this twist a little less scary for me, haha. I think he is an awesome addition though, a separate story aside from the Freak Show itself. 

I don't watch a show and judge it too much. I don't look for errors, I just enjoy it without thinking about it, and I suppose that's the best way to approach a series.

ok its picking up. sidenote: i want that jessica song, the other one was nice to

ok that was a good ep, the clown background had me a little sad.  but can the rich guy get a new mask, that joint fugly. like could he make his own or go joker like trouble maker. 

not sure where they are going with this, but nice murder

I remember watching a few episodes from Series 1 of this show and I've always remembered it. I'm never one to sit down and watch a whole series in one go unless I am instantly obsessed with it so I'm quite behind on it. All I wanted to say after spotting this thread was, I was more scared and freaked out with just how bizarre everything was in it. Maybe it wasn't series 1 and that's why I was super confused but I just started blankly at everything happening on the screen throughout the whole thing. Confused.com throughout it all, like LOST. I'm a fail when it comes to paying attention to series.

I think they do play more on "creep factor" and suspense than -true- horror. Maybe only 1 or 2 episodes a season venture into genuine horror territory, imho. But I do love this show. I didn't really get into it until the ads for Season 3, Coven, looked more relevant to my interests. I lean on occult/supernatural themes more than anything. But I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons after I went back and watched them. It depends on what genres of horror you like the most, I suppose. 

But you don't have to worry about watching the seasons in order because they change the story entirely ever season. Same actors all playing different characters (for the most part). 

what a loose connection, how does she

go from a pinhead freak to an alien?

@blackdoll

I thought she was only being controlled by the aliens, so they could speak through her.

oh ok. make sense now

I hear Neil Patrick Harris was in this week's episode. I really have to catch up so I can watch that episode. Really hope the rumors of Lily Rabe coming back this season as her character from Season 2, it'll be the first time that any of the seasons have any correlation with one another

The season is on a holiday break until next week I believe. But NPH will be on the upcoming episode. I believe there's only two episodes left of the season.

I hear Neil Patrick Harris was in this week's episode. I really have to catch up so I can watch that episode. Really hope the rumors of Lily Rabe coming back this season as her character from Season 2, it'll be the first time that any of the seasons have any correlation with one another

She appeared in the last episode. I think that episode will be it for her reprised character though.

just one thing.

BEST SEX SCENE EVER! and thats the guy from HIMYM right?

I really really really hope you're talking about the one in the flashback :x

And yes, Neil Patrick Harris is Barney in How I Met Your Mother.

nope

talking about the foursome

well that was a lame ending. worst season so far. id rank it with TVD s5 and teen wolf s3b and 4. hope they do better next time and cut the abcfamily drama