orangetarts

American Horror Story

(first of all, how is there not already a topic for this? unless there is one and im not seeing it?)

American_horror_story_ver4_xlg1.jpg

So far there's been 3 seasons (the third one has just started 2 weeks ago) and with each season comes a new theme

first season was just the general haunted house theme (although, I will say some crazy shit happened)

second season's theme was a "christian" asylum set in the 50s (im speculating here) so of course with the time period being back then there's gotta be some general lapse in the practices as compared to today. again, more craziness ensues.

now with this third season, its based on a common day witches' coven. only 2 episodes have aired so far, so there really isnt much to tell just yet.

does anyone else here watch it? thoughts? comments? ANYTHING???

also im sorry i dont write with proper capitalization and things. aint nobody got time for that shit.

I've been seeing this all over tumblr and the show looks cool for a lot of reasons, such as having a very diverse cast (like a girl with Down's Syndrome that they aren't giving simple / trying-to-hard-to-be-heart-warming parts). Unfortunately, I don't have cable so I have to wait for it to be on Netflixs (if ever).

I checked out the first ep of the new season last week, cuz I always wanted to start watching AHS but kinda never got round to actually doing it - so I figured it would be perfect to start as the new season begins. :) ...and OMG it totally won me over! So stylish and truly "horror-like", plus it has Kathy Bates so yay~ :D Then I decided to take a look at season 2 until there's a new ep and oh boy - I watched it in like 3-4 days, I totally fell in love with it! 8D

Currently I'm of course watching the new season, and have already seen half of season 1 - that one's not bad either (3rd season likewise so far), but S2 is seriously the best for me.

Also, Jessica Lange is my favorite every season it seems, lol. She's so badass in S3! xD Her character in S2 was truly amazing tho, to see the changes throughout the times, where she started out and how she finished her life.

I only watched the first season completely and about half of the second season. One of the greatest shows on television right now. Great star cast and scary plots, to be honest.

First two seasons I really liked. This third season though, is just... horrible.

I loved the way the first two seasons left a bit of mystery. You really didn't know what was going to happen. This third season? Nope. Everything's laid out on the table, and you can easily predict what's going to happen and what the motives of the cast are.

Season 3 is everything omg the cast <3 stanning for just about all of the HBIC characters (love to hate Kathy Bates' character)

The cinematography is so good to. Taissa's scene in the hospital hallway was beautifully shot. There are also times when the camera's movements can me feel a bit dizzy and uncomfortable, but it works so good for this show.

Season 3 is already leagues ahead of the first two season in terms of story, cast, and style imo. Don't even get me started on the convoluted zombies + aliens story in season 2.

I like the fact that you can basically start watching it at any season and not be lost because the previous seasons are COMPLETELY different.

Im getting my roommates into this season but they havent seen the others and its totally great haha.

I've been seeing this all over tumblr and the show looks cool for a lot of reasons, such as having a very diverse cast (like a girl with Down's Syndrome that they aren't giving simple / trying-to-hard-to-be-heart-warming parts). Unfortunately, I don't have cable so I have to wait for it to be on Netflixs (if ever).

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/american_horror_story/

you can stream it here!

I actually found it elsewhere. That site didn't work for me, but my crappy laptop has a problem with video sites in general...

Regardless, watched the first 3 episodes yesterday. Love the intro sequence! It's like a high budget Key Party pv, plus I really like the music it is set to.

American Horror Story's really hyped here too and everyone around me has been all "you have to watch it!!", so I did see the first season and from time to time, it was good, but I didn't like the fact it felt like a comedy with horror theme from time to time. Like, the end was horrible :P

Don't know if I'll like the second season, when I'm out of school I might give it a chance...

^ I avoided it for a great while too, eventhough I'm a big horror fan (just not really the series-watching type usually). I started with season 2, which is all kinds of sick, demented, weird and creepy and awesome. ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ  The first season is kinda tame in comparison.

Oo, you made me intersted :3

I'm also a big horror fan, but I prefer older movies (I love Hitchock for example), it's like the new stuff is just out of ideas now. ANd also they tend to overdo everything, sometimes less is scarier.

I just finished season 2 yesterday. It definitely is a lot more gory and actually scary, but some of the story is kind of a mess. Like, why bother having the alien sub-plot when you never explain what the hell they were there for?

I feel season 3 is better for having all of the stories tie together and I feel like I can relate more to the characters or at least determine their motives better. Season 2 is better at the shock value and cinematography, but again, it felt like they were trying to do way too much at once and then ran out of story for the last 2 episodes. Satanic Ke$ha was p. flawless though, although I don't mind her as a hippie in Coven.

My bf and I powered through the first 2 seasons on Netflix in under 3 days... he loves the first season and hates the second, ALL because of the aliens. And possibly because he got a new smart phone and spent most of season 2 watching/playing with the new phone. -_-

My bf complained for the first few episodes of season 2 that most of the main cast was the same, but it never bothered me. I mean, the actors are playing different characters in a different story, so who cares if it's for the same show?!

I have to agree with peace about the need for the aliens when all they do is help Kit impregnate 2 women, enlist Penny, and take Kit back when it's his time. Penny explained that they were there to do genetic experiments, but we don't even see the kids when they are adults! Well, in any case, the aliens abducting Kit and making him crazy gave the police a reason to arrest him for the Bloody Face murders (they had no real reason otherwise). Both seasons were great.

I decided to watch season 3 alone when it's on netflix. XD

I love every season so far. I think the 3rd is my favorite because of the subject matter, I've loved witchcraft since I was a little kid watching Charmed. haha

SPOILER FILLED RANT

I really regret getting so invested in the show, it was a fun train wreck tho. But jfc everything the show got so convoluted and the ending felt rushed. The whole premise of the season "A witch academy" got lost really early, and the last two episodes showed just how awesome the season could have been had the show remained focused on the subject matter. I mean wtf is the Axe-man. And the plot holes, don't even get me started. Like how did Cordelia go from ayy lmao alien to pretty/normal after completing the seven wonders? Also Misty didn't deserve to go out like that! That was such a shit move of the writers to damn one of the nicest characters to an eternal hell. Her hell was also a lot worse than the other girls' hells.

I can't believe I had such high hopes for this season :(

Hmmm yeah, the ending was kinda tame. I thought there'd be some kind of cool twist to the whole Supreme reveal but in the end they went with the most conventional/obvious (which, looking at my expectations, was surprising to me, so almost a twist lol). Oh well.

Tho I kept thinking how

maybe Madison's soul might have entered Zoe's body when they revived Zoe, since they had that emphasis on the whole "bringing back to life parallel to strangling" scene

-- but that was never addressed in any way again, so I doubt it.

Anyway, all in all it was okay I guess. Expected a bit better tho.

The show was ruined by the flat characters that the audience couldn't care about. Just when you think there was about to be some dimension added it was just face-value shocks that didn't even add to the over all plot. The whole season was bull shit and with the exception of a few scenes, the effects, and some funny lines I barely enjoyed watching it. Hope next season is better. Not surprised there was a dud in the bunch, had to happen sometime.

love this show had lots of  mindgasms, loved how fucked up it was (mainly 2). was nt scary but interesting. cant wait for next season