Rize

What Asian dramas are you currently watching?

I think we should start a new topic for Asian dramas, maybe we can recommend each other some good drama we're currently watching or just have finished!

So...

What for Asian dramas are you currently watching? Or what for Asian dramas have you recently finished?

For me it's:

Japanese drama:

- LIMIT (Finished w )

- Pin to Kona (currently watching)

Korean drama's:

-  The Master's Sun (Finished)

- Her Legend (Currently watching)

- The heirs (currently watching)

- Passionate love (need to try it :P)

- Unemployed Romance

- The Suspicious Housekeeper

I'd recommend the Master's Sun K-Drama if anyone likes comedy & ghosts w

i don't really get all the hype for master's sun tbh. ok the character of the male lead is fun and the setting with ghosts etc. in the beginning is unusual and exciting, but pretty soon it goes downhill with tons of unnessesary and/or unbelievable side-characters, a storyline without any sense of progression or suspense.

others i watch / i've watched more or less recently:

Japanese

------------------

- Pin to Kona

extremely cheesy, but fun to watch. the kabuki setting is not often seen in the dramas, also amusing how hard the male lead is friendzoned, and how bad an actor his main-rival is at always trying to look super-tormented with all that inner pain etcetc.

- Yamada kun no idunno

was cool at starts, but after a while i got annoyed by the "over-the-top"ieness and trashieness of it all, so i ditched it

- Summer Nude

managed to bore the shit of me within the first episode. ditched

Korean
------------------

- the heirs

can't say much about it now, so far characters are nice etc. but by the setting of it i guess i'll hate it sooner or later (like tons of other k-dramas, financially poor and vulnerable "girl next door" get rescued from her poorness by a rich guy who cures her with his richness. k-dramas pretty often seem to have very medival morality and role-models...)

- two weeks

this one was pretty great actually, a bit through the roof with the overacting, but still very nice and captivating plot and suspense, also high production value and relatable characters

- Good Doctor

hmmn, watchable i guess, but very, very predictable. only interesting high point is the disability of the main character itself and how he and his surroundings deal with that, but that's pretty much done with after half of it...

- Who are you

quite nice, again like the lot of it a nice and interesting setting to start with. characters are fun to watch and the relationships also make up for a bunch of nice episodes. towards the end the main plot gets a bit out of hand and seems very forced.

- i hear your voice

one of the most watched dramas as of late and rightfully so. nice characters, good acting, production value, interesting main plot, suspense, it's all there and beautifully put together. about the only slightly comedic issue i have with this is, that the main feature of the student-boy with his mind-reading is treated like "i guess that's cool" and after a few minutes the most normal thing to have around :P lots of wasted potential here about the morality of scientific research, human evolution, distinguishing reality vs. fiction, drifting towards madness etcetc...

- She is Wow

this was very surprisingly good, about a very VERY dysfunctional family sort of in the puplic eye (he is a popular news anchor, she is a sort of fading actress-star, getting a bit old, marriage was only for show) having to deal with a series of hiob-esque blows (illegit son returning trying to get involved in the family, father having a seperate same-sex affair, all that related to a very distant past crime etcetcetc). as i said didn't have this on the map at all and it's perhaps the best of these all

- Nail shop paris

urgs, this was crap, had to skip through most of it.

that's all as of recent that i can remember of the top of my head... need to check a few others out since heirs is the only one running right now that i'm watching.

Renai Neet ~ Wasureta Koi no Hajimekata (currently watching)

Saikou no Rikon (on hold)

Boys Before Flowers (on hold, might ditch (Korean ver.))

I started to watch a new K-drama called Marry Him if you dare with Jung Yong Hwa (Main vocalist CNBLUE) in it! :lolita_love:

Also the J-drama Hakuba no Oujisama Junai Tekireiki seems to be interesting too. :lolita_cheerful:

I really really loved master's sun /cries

but im still watching:

Good Doctor: Im on ep 12 or something still because im watching it with my roommate and neither of us ever seem to bring it up lol.

Vampire Idol: Its not really a drama but more of a sit com starring Kim Woobin, Lee Soohyuk and Hong Jonghyun aka really pretty boys. its kind of mindless but i love it. there's 79 eps in total but theyre slowly being subbed by one person. so right now im on ep 31, im about 7 eps behind right now, but theyre only 20 or so minutes long.

A Gentleman's Dignity: idk I started watching it but its pretty boring in the beginning, so im kind of putting it off.

Wild Romance

City Hall (gonna ditch soon tho)

And as a small rant (after seeing the most parts of former): directors/screenwrites/those responsible for the cast, just please ditch those "music superstars" who haven't shown any potential during "cast hunting sessions" - instead of relying on "oh, let's put this cutie one here so we will boost our ratings up skyhigh - in total no-brainer way!"-kind of method. I haven't really put this issue on my map until I saw SNSD's Jessica being totally annoying in "Wild Romance". I tried my best not to mind her but now her pretentiousness on-screen and anemic characteristics go even beyond the "multi-bitchslap-worthy" act.

In other words, if you can't act - then don't do it. You will only lose your face in front of fandom in the end...

I started watching Flower Boy Next Door (Korean), but kind of gave up on it because I stopped caring. I prefer Japanese dramas in most cases, but I still really want to watch Iris. It's just, it's very long and sometimes I have attention span issues. Ha.

I still need to watch the second season of Hana Yori Dango. I just finished Proposal Daisakusen. I'm also working on Nobuta wo Produce, but I haven't watched it in ages.

What I want are non-romance type dramas. I mean, it's cool if there's a romance thing in there, but I don't want it to be the focal point of the show. Anyone have any suggestions? The only one I've actually seen like that was Kurosagi, and it was really dope. I'm not a fan of hospital shows.

You can try City Hunter with Lee Min Ho. The romance is secondary to the main plot line.

I started watching Flower Boy Next Door (Korean), but kind of gave up on it because I stopped caring. I prefer Japanese dramas in most cases, but I still really want to watch Iris. It's just, it's very long and sometimes I have attention span issues. Ha.

I still need to watch the second season of Hana Yori Dango. I just finished Proposal Daisakusen. I'm also working on Nobuta wo Produce, but I haven't watched it in ages.

What I want are non-romance type dramas. I mean, it's cool if there's a romance thing in there, but I don't want it to be the focal point of the show. Anyone have any suggestions? The only one I've actually seen like that was Kurosagi, and it was really dope. I'm not a fan of hospital shows.

Oh! I actually have seen Flower Boy Next Door! The story is pretty interesting! The first few episodes are kinda weak but after that it becomes great!

How about the re-make of Great Teacher Onizuka (2012)? It's also funny how he take care of his students. :P

I'm following quite some Korean and Japanese dramas now, maybe you should try Toshi Densetsu Onna!

There are 2 seasons and the 2nd one is still on-going. It's about some woman that believes in mythes, anything that seems to be a case gets mixed in her mythes XD

Or, the math-girl who helps a detective with finding criminals? ''Hard Nut'' is the J-drama called. :)

She's talkin really dumb and weird but it's actually not bad. :D

You can try City Hunter with Lee Min Ho. The romance is secondary to the main plot line.

I've actually heard of City Hunter...well, kinda. I saw someone mention it somewhere, I'm not sure where. But I looked into it and it looks pretty interesting. I'll definitely check that out. Lee Min Ho is a great actor, too.

Oh! I actually have seen Flower Boy Next Door! The story is pretty interesting! The first few episodes are kinda weak but after that it becomes great!

How about the re-make of Great Teacher Onizuka (2012)? It's also funny how he take care of his students. :P

I'm following quite some Korean and Japanese dramas now, maybe you should try Toshi Densetsu Onna!

There are 2 seasons and the 2nd one is still on-going. It's about some woman that believes in mythes, anything that seems to be a case gets mixed in her mythes XD

Or, the math-girl who helps a detective with finding criminals? ''Hard Nut'' is the J-drama called. :)

She's talkin really dumb and weird but it's actually not bad. :D

I made it to, I think, the episode where

That girl who Enrique used to be in love with was all "let's go back to Spain!" and then the reclusive editor chick missed being able to say by to him through her window or whatever? I'm p sure that was the last one I saw.

but I was mostly just watching that show with my gf. Isn't GTO the live action version of an anime? I forgot to mention I'm Sam. I haven't finished it yet because I keep forgetting to watch it, but I really dig that show a lot. I think I only have three or four episodes left. The guy who plays the teacher is a riot.

I see!

Yes, GTO is a live action!

There has been 2 versions of GTO live action. I haven't seen the older one, but the 2012 (newer) one was pretty good. :D

I'm currently watching this new drama: ''My love from another star'' // 별에서 온 그대

j5u2.jpg

So far this is one of the best new-comer, highly recommend to watch it :P

Nice thread, I've been into some Japanese and Korean dramas lately. Just finished The Master's Sun and Boss. Both are great, especially The Master's Sun. The casts are excellent and the story is kinda different than any other dramas that I've ever watched.

Now I'm planning to watch Hard Nut and The Winter, That Wind Blows (I've watched the Love Me Not version, just curious with this Jo In Sung and Song Hye Gyo chemistry)

vampire prosecutor, but the assholes skiped this year :(

Nice thread, I've been into some Japanese and Korean dramas lately. Just finished The Master's Sun and Boss. Both are great, especially The Master's Sun. The casts are excellent and the story is kinda different than any other dramas that I've ever watched.

Now I'm planning to watch Hard Nut and The Winter, That Wind Blows (I've watched the Love Me Not version, just curious with this Jo In Sung and Song Hye Gyo chemistry)

You should definitely watch Hard Nut! The first few minutes might sound boring but it's really an interesting drama! :3

At least if you're interested how everything is is related to mathemetics. :P

I recently finished the J-drama ''49'', one hell of a good drama! (It's been subbed til episode 5).

Also pretty guys dressing up like girls and even Golden Bomber showing up in an episode makes it totally awesome xD

This J-drama has recently aired, called ''Shitsuren Chocolatier'', it's a live-action :3

Might worth to check out! Starring Matsumoto Jun and some other well known actors :P

shitsuren-chocolatier-drama.jpg

:lolita_love:

You should definitely watch Hard Nut! The first few minutes might sound boring but it's really an interesting drama! :3

At least if you're interested how everything is is related to mathemetics. :P

Finally, I've watched it. Yes, it's interesting. Kurumi is just too cute and dumb, and Tomoda is so cool. I'd like to see the development of their relationship but, the ending is pfffft.....I hope there will be a second season or an SP because there are many things left unsaid.

And has somebody here watched Last Friends? The drama is so breathtaking and I'm looking for some dramas which has a great plot like that. Any recommendation?

Currently only watching one drama as the anime got the best of me.

Nazo no Tenkosei, staring Nakamura Aoi, and Hongo Kanata. Two of my favorite actors so I couldn't help myself but watch it anyway. It's starting to get interesting too.

Giving this thread some life >.>

Some new  dramas I've been recently following which you might wanna check out too as it's pretty good. :D

Japanese dramas

Senryokugai Sousakan (Detective drama)

tumblr_myd4s1P8Zv1r3sk16o1_500.jpg

Watashi no Kirai na Tantei (Detective drama)

kirainatantei.png

Korean dramas

Emergency Couple

023_zpsc29c07f3.jpgoriginal.jpg

Mimi

Mimi-Poster2.jpg

Bride of the Century

Bride-of-the-Century.jpg

god's gift - 14 days

20140304083303816.jpg

Started Nazo no Tenkosei when it began airing in January and I don't have any regrets. It's so different from what I expected it to be but it's really interesting. The only negative point is that subs are weeks behind and my Japanese isn't good enough to be able to even try and understand what they're talking about and messing around with now. (in short: kid comes from a parallel world to investigate our world and starts gathering his own group/army of people)

Oh! I remember that drama. I think I've seen the first 2 episodes. :)

As I'm following too many dramas now, I might try to catch up that drama too. It was pretty interesting what I've seen so far. :)

For this month, there will be some new dramas airing!

Recently I've been watching

Hotel King

Hotel-King-04.jpg

Angel's eyes

angel_eyes-p1.jpg

And what'll coming soon & mostly looking forward to are:

Doctor stranger

2013082301001934800145611.jpg

You're all surrounded

566002718716635200_442a9b21_c.jpg

Some newer drama's I'd like to recommend!

Korean:

Gap Dong 

Gap-Dong-Poster-2.jpg

Triangle

10178086_229313113931629_148343136018775

Japanese:

BORDER

20140411-00010005-nkcyzo-000-1-view.jpg