Flame-X

Show off your Rig

Just got this bad boy in the mail :)

Ud3B6ip.jpg

TqYEQkc.jpg

I was a amd guy but with the release of the 900 series I seriously was having a hard time staying faithful and then to find out that the 300 series was pretty much a rebrand from amd, that really was the last straw and I couldn't stop myself from making the switch :D although the fury and fury x are totally new cards they are way to pricey for my budget xD

I'll post more pictures later after I get this monster into my system

I'm thinking of building my first gaming PC, any recommendations on what components should I get? :D My budget is around ~800€

Wow @Original Saku, your GPU looks awesome as fuck. :3

Thanks, I did some testing last night and played Witcher 3 for like 4 hours, and it beasted the game so hard on full settings (without hairworks) and with a reshade framework... a constant 55-60 fps which was beautiful. Also temps didn't go past 68C the entire time which is just absolutely nuts.  the card is insanely quiet too, I'm thoroughly impressed.

@Zeus that's awesome, but you might want to do some serious cable management xD airflow is one of the most important aspects of a gaming pc.

I'm thinking of building my first gaming PC, any recommendations on what components should I get? :D My budget is around ~800€

try using http://pcpartpicker.com/for starters so you can have a neat and easy way to outline the build and prices so you don't go over budget.

Despite the apparent rat's nest from the pictures, the cables actually are organized. I might have to tie one or two down, but aside from taking everything out and re-assembling the computer it won't get much better than that. The airflow is also pretty good. The highest temperatures I ever recorded on my CPU was 45 degrees celsius while under load playing Skyrim + 100 mods, emulating Brave Frontier, emulating Kingdom Hearts I on PCSX2 at 6x graphics resolution, while having Netbeans IDE and Firefox open. GPU hovers around ~50-55 degrees - a little hotter but not too bad.

What I need to do with my life is figure out if I want to SLI or not.

This is from March, so I probably should have posted this a while ago, but w/e

11083622_10155419249305245_2796086239647

Skylake need to hurry up and get here XD

Go with intel core i5 processor & nvidia 900 series video card.

Here's a not so potato quality picture. I cleaned it out again not too long ago and tried my best to tuck some cables. Also flipped the hard drive around because I had put it in backwards and didn't realize it.

fnTbLM1.jpg

That looks pretty solid. If you wanted to save a bit of money and not be so over budget you could always go the AMD route and that should save you a bit of money.

Also, there is a fairly easy was to trim $139.89 off of that list XD

Considering something like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/47vYCJ

A little over my budget but w/e

Okay, I had to modify the list because some parts are unnecessary for entry level gaming build. An entry level PC gamer won't need to overclock, so no need for "K" intel cpus or aftermarket coolers. Stock cooler gets the job done. With 4k displays becoming more mainstream, I replaced the GTX 960 2 gig video card to a 4 gig version. For the psu, 550w is more than enough to power up that baby, also that 80 gold plus efficiency. I shaved off Windows off the list cuz I'm sure you or someone else you know have the installation disc, if not then there are methods out there to obtain it without cost. The total comes out to less than $800.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8wBJWZ

Okay, I had to modify the list because some parts are unnecessary for entry level gaming build. An entry level PC gamer won't need to overclock, so no need for "K" intel cpus or aftermarket coolers. Stock cooler gets the job done. With 4k displays becoming more mainstream, I replaced the GTX 960 2 gig video card to a 4 gig version. For the psu, 550w is more than enough to power up that baby, also that 80 gold plus efficiency. I shaved off Windows off the list cuz I'm sure you or someone else you know have the installation disc, if not then there are methods out there to obtain it without cost. The total comes out to less than $800.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8wBJWZ

I would also say that after using such ~methods~ immediately register for that free upgrade to Windows 10! The performance increase from 7 to 8 was impressive, so I'm expecting some improvement in performance between 8 and 10. Although I may be a tad too optimistic.

Also I agree about the CPU. I paid the extra for the "k" version and have yet to overclock the CPU - or even see the need to. Putting that money towards the graphics card is the better investment in the long run.

Pretty much what every one else is saying is totally the way to go! The only thing I would do differently is with the money you're saving from not getting the K version of i5 and the windows disc, go ahead and use that extra bit of money and get a 970 instead of a 960, but that really depends if you even need that extra bit of graphical power or not... since we don't really know what kind of games you are aiming to play with this build the 960 might be enough for you :D

edit: oh and I just noticed that you don't have a separate HDD on the list for game installations... while the sdd is gonna most definitely be your boot drive, just trust me 256GB doesn't go far at all, your gonna want a separate drive just for installing games on, probably a 500GB or 1TB drive.

I made some changes based on your tips, thanks guys! (like chose 4460 instead of 4690k, dropped Windows 7 etc.) Just ordered most of the components, only GPU and motherboard left to buy.. most likely I can start the building next week.

Awesome dude :D If you have any questions during the building process, just drop a post here and we'll be happy to help.

good luck!

I finally pulled the trigger and upgraded to 1440p 144Hz G-sync masterrace :D

71k4eR3BWWL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-S2417DG-YNY1D-24-Inch-LED-Lit/dp/B01IOO4SGK

It pairs nicely with that monster GPU from the post above, which was way overkill for the 1080p 60Hz panel I was using before.

4 hours ago, Flame-X said:

Long story short: My GTX 780ti died on me couple weeks ago. Sent it in to EVGA since I still had 50 days left for warranty and got the GTX 980ti as a replacement. :D

img_20170124_181728.jpg?w=1400&h=&crop=1

that's awesome, EVGA is great at stuff like that, their customer service is god tier.

I haven't really done anything to my rig since summer when I upgraded my GPU to the1070. I'm planning on upgrading my cpu & mobo soon though, just waiting on RYZEN to drop so I can decide whether I wanna go AM4+ or Z270.... I'm leaning towards AM4+ though, Kabylake was overall very disappointing and not much of a leap past Skylake.

I'm still using my old Z97 board with i7 4770k Haswell cpu, and I find no reason to upgrade to the later gen parts. I'm gonna run this thing to the ground until it dies. The difference in cpus of my Haswell and Kabylake is very minimal. My PC hardly had any hiccups in terms of performance.  I recently formatted my PC and reinstalled Win7 which made the performance even better! I have more than enough on my rig to satisfy my needs. 

If there's anything I need to upgrade, that would be my monitors. Having a 144hz monitor will make a substantial difference but man they're pricey AF.