Flame-X

Show off your Rig

Comps, entertainment system, and other cool tech devices you want to show off? Post them here! :D

Here's my PC and yes it's custom built.

rfx9.jpg

Specs:

Intel Core i7-4770K

ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

SAMSUNG 830 Series 256GB SSD

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W (Non-modular unfortunately)

COOLER MASTER HAF 922

Optical drive and internal/external hdds not worth mentioning.

Soon I'll be upgrading the video card and buy a radiator cpu cooling. I was able to overclock my cpu to 4.2ghz just by using stock heatsink but for the sake of stability, went back to stock settings.

My desk is all kinds of messy right now but I have a V1 Fractal Define XL

Heres a shot of the inside though....

SDC10455_zps212d4347.jpg

Theres been a few changes here n there. the lower graphics card is now sitting where the soundcard is and the soundcard is sandwiched in the middle between the 2 680s, the 140mm at the back has also been swapped out for a NoiseBlocker as the Yate Loon I had started making loud ticking noises.

SDC10456_zps52cd1610.jpg

Hard drives have also been condensed into 2x3TB drives instead of 4 drives. they were a mishmash of 2 WD Blacks. 1 sammy and 1 WD Green.

My desk setup will come later when ive tidied it a little.

Woah guys woah~

Too bad your stuff can't beat my Samsung 303C with 1.5 Exynos5 dual core CPU and 11.6" screen and 2GB memory and 16 GB hard drive and 6 hours of battery life weighing in at 2.43 lbs. Total beastly rig with top of the line stats~.

Woah guys woah~

Too bad your stuff can't beat my Samsung 303C with 1.5 Exynos5 dual core CPU and 11.6" screen and 2GB memory and 16 GB hard drive and 6 hours of battery life weighing in at 2.43 lbs. Total beastly rig with top of the line stats~.

I have something similar for mobile use- HP DM1 3200SA.

11.6"

AMD E-350

8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz

256GB Sandisk Extreme SSD

Probably gets around the same battery life if not better by a small margin

here we go pics :)

20131010_143514_zps8f4c85fb.jpg

20131010_145034_zpsb1495fb0.jpg

20131010_143557_zps7cb612ab.jpg

20131010_144606_zpsf8d22ef7.jpg

20131010_144517_zps92d4e394.jpg

Specs:

• AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition AM3+ CPU @ 3.8GHZ w/ Thermaltake Frio Dual 120mm Universal CPU Cooler
  • Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 AMD 900 series motherboard
  • MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III 3GB GDDR5 Video Card
  • Nvidia GTX 550Ti 1GB Video Card (I use this card to output to my second monitor and for my hybrid physx setup in games like Borderlands 2 and Batman Arkham City)
  • Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 7.1 Channel Sound Card
  • 4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1333 MHZ RAM
  • XION XON-1000 Watt ATX Power Supply
  • Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB HDD (for the windows install) & Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD (for game installs etc.)
  • Cooler Master Storm Scout ATX Mid-Tower Black Case

And here is some shots of my desktop setup

20131010_153451_zpsa429a91f.jpg

20131010_153345_zps2989ff0b.jpg

20131010_153527_zps7231bba7.jpg

20131010_153551_zpsb2bbfdad.jpg

The keyboard you see is a Logitech G110 Gaming keyboard and the mouse is a Razer Taipon gaming mouse and the monitors on the left is a ASUS VH236H 23-inch 2ms LCD and the one on the right is just some old piece of shit Dell I'm using temporarily until I can get another ASUS and the screen in the background is my wall mounted 44-inch LCD TV with my Asus Laptop hooked up to it via hdmi. I also Have a pair of TRITTON 720+ 7.1 Surround Sound headset that I use for gaming.

I eventually want to get another 7950 to throw off in there and crossfire plus I feel like I might upgrade my cpu to a Intel i7 but that would also require me to change my motherboard too... not to mention if i do get something that powerful I'll most definitely overclock which means I'll need water cooling and shit, and that just sounds really complicated to me xD I've heard quite a few horror stories when it comes to water cooling and the such. Then again I could just get a AMD FX 8 core cpu and not have to deal with spending money on a new board but lets be real here, Intel is the superior choice hands down when it comes to cpu's.

Old photo warning!

Since taking this picture I have swapped out to a completely different power supply. I am probably due for an upgrade here soon, but this guy is being such a trooper that is hard to justify it.

6qh4sm.jpg

-SPECS-

• Intel Core i5 760 2.8GHz
  • Corsair H60 CPU Cooler
  • Corsair HX750 750 watt psu
  • EVGA P55 SLI E655 Motherboard
  • 8GB DDR3 1600 
  • 90GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
  • EVGA GTX 460 Superclocked 768MB
  • 2x1tb drive, 1x3tb drive, 1x500gb drive 

I read rig and immediately thought this was instruments and amps and stuff like that. I was about ready to share hahaha

I am thinking a graphics card update it imminent...I just am deciding if I should wait it out for the nvidia 800 series or not.

Well the first thing you have to ask yourself is: is money an issue? and the second thing is: AMD or Nvidia?

If money is not an issue and you're trying to get the best possible then on the AMD side of things go with a R9 290x. if your gonna go with Nividia instead then the best right now would be the GTX 780Ti.

if money is an issue and your not trying to spend a ton on a gpu then check out this video below for some of the other options you can go with.

FYI I personally would go with the R9 290x... but I'm an AMD fan so... :D

You'll have to let me know how you like the Fractal fans, my next rig I build I want to be a lot quieter than my current one lol.

I also bought the Fractal Define R4 case which apparently is right under that box in that pic. This is gonna be part 1 of upgrades. I won't be able to work on it until Sunday or after that.

Part 2 will just be the video card except I'll have to wait a month or two till I save up. I haven't decided what exact card I wanna get but it'll definitely be a nvidia line made by EVGA.

As I'm not a gamer I wouldn't call my laptops "RIG's" but in a sense they still are as I use them for work, for messing around with various Soft- and Hardware, and also for info- and entertainment. The Specs are pretty ok for my usage-scenario (480Gb SSD on the main machine, 2.75 TB external dive space, a few Antminer U1/U2+ for Bitcoin mining)... Overall I'm pretty happy. I'm running on used hardware most of the time since it saves a lot of money but still is good enough for me (and I have the skills to repair and outfit/upgrade most of the stuff myself), the older MBP is a model from 2006, the newer one a model from 2008...

post-4651-0-55327500-1397424332_thumb.jp

And yeah; you can clearly see I'm totally not a geek/Nerd whatever... ;p

(click for a bigger version)

Alright, this took longer than I thought. After RMAing my psu twice, this is the finished look. Modular psu > non-modular psu. I can't even hear my PC, that's how "silent" it is.

whlgjo.jpg

Man... that modular psu looks so nice and organized, I really need to get me one of those. btw what case do you use? is it a mid case or a full? it's kinda hard to tell in the picture but it looks alot bigger than my coolermaster mid case.

my biggest thing right now is I'm in dire need of better airflow inside my case, so for one I was thinking a modular psu so I can free up some space and in turn get better airflow near the bottom of my case, but also I was contemplating if upgrading from a mid case to a full size one would make better airflow... I'm assuming it would. another big issue right now is dust :( I have a lot of it... I probably need to rip everything out of the case and dust it all out with airduster and clean off all the hardware to an acceptable level fans included, but I'm just so lazy and I so don't won't to have to go through all of that... sigh.

My case is a Fractal Design Define R4 and it's a mid tower. I'm completely satisfied with it since it has excellent cable management holes, enough space in the back side to stuff your leftover cables, and noise absorbing material on both side panels. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352020

The only down side to this case is the weight, 27 pounds. With all the components added, well, expect about 10-15 more pounds.

For better airflow, I recommend this case. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146148

Plenty of fans you can install.

omg that case is so damn sexy :wub: thanks for Recommendation. If I was to go with a case like that I would probably just go ahead and build a new rig all together though... there's tons of stuff I would love to upgrade on my current setup like my processor and motherboard. I also want to do water cooling as well. not gonna lie, I really want one of those R290x amd cards as well :D

If there's anyone looking for a full tower with lots of features and an excellent value, look no further than this. Things are looking good for this company.

Omg that Case is amazing :D This is making me want to build a new system... too bad I don't have the money right now for that XD

My final upgrade part just came in. The GTX 780ti EVGA version.

4kxt04.jpg

Radeon HD 6850, you've served me well. Time to say goodbye.

nq1x8k.jpg

And here's my final build. I'm future proof for at least 10 years.

25fq2s9.jpg