Sign in to follow this  
Tony

xTRiPx - Rasperry on the Lips

I started liking this band after I heard their snow white butterfly single. The awesome Fall to U and clever noise were an awesome mix - almost two complete different sounds on one single with an awesome intro track too. Their other releases were hit and miss to me though.

Quick review of the tracks:

Selfish - Nice track, best off the single. Catchy riffs and nice melody.

Honey - Nowhere near as good as Selfish. The heavy guitar part of this song sounds a bit like Fall to U. :P Don't think I'll be listening to this much. It's badly arranged IMO, it just sounds all over the place.

3rd song - Not bad, but nothing stands out about it. I think this was supposed to be the "clever noise" of this single but it falls short. It's by no means a bad song though.

IMO this band tried to replicate their best single, but it didn't work except for the lead song which is awesome. So I'll like it for that one song.

I thought this release was really well done, I think it's probably on par with "snow white butterfly" which everyone knows is their best single, lol.

Selfish: Really nice melody, reminds me of the style from "Fall to U" which is like my favorite xTRiPx song. This song was really well done, and I hope they continue forwards with this style. I really like the piano too. More bands need to mix piano into their songs.

Honey: The intro reminds me of "clever noise" but on a guitar, or some guitar riff I've heard somewhere else, but then it picks up and does this really awesome thing on the guitar, that's really awesome, and I didn't remember being that awesome. The vocals aren't as good on this one, because there's no real defined melody for the verse really. I like the song, I think the verses could use some work though.

???: A lot softer than the rest of the single. A nice song none the less. Catchy melody, and I like the strings they throw in there.

Pretty much I hope they just continue doing stuff like this.

Sign in to follow this