Sign in to follow this  
Spike760

[Review] lynch. - JUDGEMENT

lynch. - JUDGEMENT

cc4ffe8cc3e24d3a2e6ba6940581c9fb.jpg

How's everyone liking lynch.'s major debut single?

At first listen from the PV, I didn't really find JUDGEMENT to be anything special, or really good at all in complete honesty. But actually first listen without the PV I enjoyed it straight through, I don't know what threw it off for me the first time. I actually really love it, lynch. has still got it, never even lost it in my opinion! Also when I saw that "DAZZLE" was going to be the b-side, I was wondering if it was going to be the same as "THE AVOIDED SUN" song, like the one track I can't stand on that album. So that was disappointing to me at first, but after listening through it, I enjoyed it a lot more than the original. It's so much harder now, and I'm so glad they took out the ringing from the original, so annoying!

Overall this single is a great major debut, and I can't wait for more releases from lynch.!

JUDGEMENT: 8/10

DAZZLE: 7/10

Judgement is a good song.

I already liked it since i saw the PV

It's mainstream but good.

Just sounds similiar with materials they was once did with The Avoided Sun, which still remain as fave album from them up until this second.

So no complaining there.

As for Dazzle,

i disagree with you, Spike.

I always think the original sounds best, it just pretty problematic at quality of sounds on the original version.

In this remake version, it's much more clearer.

Since they're major now and afford a better studio and a better sound engineer.

Yes, in this new version it's sounds harder and all, but sadly, also sounded bland. Really forgetable.

Then again, Dazzle has always been a live song,

it will sounds better played live than on CD. So maybe this new version will also show it's gold when the band playing it live, like the original one.

Verdict: good start for starting their major career. Not shameful at all. But doesn't mean they have to feel safe within this comfort zone. Still long way to go. It's just the beginning.

I enjoyed the single. I haven't listened to it enough to write a whole big review on it, but I did like listening to it. I haven't been listening to lynch. for that long, but I seem to like their singles a lot better than their albums. I hope they continue to do well~

JUDGEMENT: I liked this song as soon as I watched its PV a few days ago. It immediately caught my ear and stuck to me. Also, it's really enjoyable, and not to mention catchy. I love Hazuki's screams at the beginning of the song, too. The only slightly negative thing about it is its solo; it's not very original, and I get the feeling that I've heard it before. That aside, I'm really satisfied with it, and I wouldn't mind at all if the songs on their next album are like this one. 8.5/10.

DAZZLE: I really can't judge this one much, since I've never heard the original version. This version was okay though. It wasn't anything special or anything, but still pretty enjoyable. Though I think it would've been better if they had composed a new song instead. 6/10.

Overall: A really good single, considering that most bands releasing stuff these days are a hit or miss. If I were to compare it to their previous single, I'd say that this single's A-side wins, but "All this I'll give you" definitely kicks DAZZLE's ass (it's also one of the best songs this year imo). Like I mentioned somewhere else before, I'm really really liking the direction in which they're headed. I've never liked lynch. a lot, but if they keep releasing stuff like this, I see myself listening to them a lot more in the future. I'll give it a 7.5/10.

JUDGEMENT: At first, I didn't like it as much, despite all the hype it had when the pv came out. It just seemed soooo generic, but after listening to the single several times now, I have to say it is really good. 7.5/10

DAZZLE: I loved this song the moment I heard the intro, and as what happened with A GLEAM IN EYE, I preferred lynch.'s B-sides more. 8/10

Overall: Pretty good single, was expecting something really boring, but I liked it, despite that I'm not a big fan of this band. I hope they continue in this direction now that they are major. 8/10

Indepth review (Warning, wall of text)

01. JUDGEMENT: Not to bad.

02. DAZZLE: Utter garbage, just aweful noise from start to finish.

Rating: 6/10

EDIT: Sorry des, i get carried away and write too much, xD.

I like Judgement, but it's not a song to put on repeat or just generally listen a lot too, because it's not THAT good. Not outstanding but still enjoyable, and I guess that's what it needs to be so I'm satisfied. Dazzle however is just a song to forget immediately. If it was any longer my ears would've started bleeding.

And I skipped Masamune's comment. It was too long to read, sorry man.

This band is so boring they make me fall asleep before the song even starts. I honestly don't know why they're even around except to provide some eye candy for fangirls in the form of Hazuki. Man is pretty, but they really shouldn't be making music for a living.

Oh and my opinion on the single is implied.

This band is so boring they make me fall asleep before the song even starts.

you are so smart :roll:

Single: Judgement: 7/10

Songs: Dazzle: 5/10 nothing special this song is your typical lynch. b-side. I wish it were more unique but sadly it's not.

Judgement: 9/10 This is the side of lynch. I continue to fall for head over heels, I find it more unique and a whole lot more memorable that dazzle. I like the echoes he puts on his voice and the solo mid song, goodjob lynch. another good a-side.

JUDGEMENT is a nice song, with some catchy hooks and enough heavy riffs to satisfy any VK fan.

Only that this is about the 10000000th time they've done a song and used this exact. same. formula.

I'm really bored of them. SHADOWZ showed so much promise, they were experimenting with some new sounds, yet they revert to this generic shit for the singles. I think Ambivalent Ideal might be the last interesting song this band ever makes.

4/10

Sign in to follow this