Trombe

girugamesh Vo. new band "REDMAN" new maxi single "Challenge the GAME" release

girugamesh Vo.左迅(satoshi) new band "REDMAN" has held their first live at Nagoya ell.FITS ALL at 2013/08/28

"REDMAN" members:
Vo.石川聡(ishikawa satoshi) (girugamesh)
Gt.園木理人(sonoki rihito) (ex-SPLAY)
Gt.杉原亮(sugihara ryou) (トワレンズ(towalens))
Ba.吉岡宗一郎(yoshioka souichirou) (トワレンズ(towalens))
Dr.大熊桂斗(ookuma keito) (ex-Ruvie-->My Hearts Breaking Even-->THE HEROES SYNDICATE)

their new maxi single "Challenge the GAME" will be released at 2013/11/13 (2 TYPE), which will be ending theme of TV anime "遊☆戯☆王ゼアル(yuu☆gi☆ou zexal)"

limited edition (1,890yen) will include CD+DVD (including "Challenge the GAME" PV), and regular edition (1,260yen) will include CD only

[CD track list]
01.Challenge the GAME
02.doppel
03.Challenge the GAME-instrumental-
04.doppel-instrumental-

some samples could be listened to in their OHP

http://www.redman-official.com/

Guest mitsubana

Sounds better than most visual kei stuff nowadays haha

Sounds better than most visual kei stuff nowadays haha

Becoz you don't listen to the good bands :D

That's not a Visual kei band, so no reason to make a comparison ^^

The voice is good, but yes that sounds really... generic.

Guest mitsubana

Becoz you don't listen to the good bands :D

That's not a Visual kei band, so no reason to make a comparison ^^

The voice is good, but yes that sounds really... generic.

Do girugamesh not consider themselves visual kei anymore? I guess I've been out of the loop haha

And yes, I would love to learn about the better bands of the visual kei genre.

I have bands I listen to here and there that I love, but haven't found anything else yet.

^ girugamesh maybe not in visual kei movement now, but he talk about REDMAN not girugamesh, and this band isn't Vk just J-rock, we can't compare Grieva or DEZERT with L'arc en Ciel or Asian Kung Fu Generation (for exemple)

Moran, amber gris, Grieva, Matenrou Opera, LIPHLICH are examples of solid bands of this movement (Visual kei) and better than all new bands (even if I like some of these new bands too ^^), but that's just the 5 more famous bands, some other bands are too awesome.

(But that's my personal opinion, I guess you have another opinion of the subject ^^)

I'm really wondering why everyone's like "Satoshi made Giru terrible." As if a vocalist really decides by himself what direction a band makes? Don't they all have the option of doing whatever the hell they want to anyway? Seriously.

I'm really wondering why everyone's like "Satoshi made Giru terrible." As if a vocalist really decides by himself what direction a band makes? Don't they all have the option of doing whatever the hell they want to anyway? Seriously.

Isn't Ryo the "leader"-figure of Girugamesh? If so, then I can't see any reason for blaming Satoshi either (in fact, I do think he's a decent vocalist too)

Clearly you haven't been following Korn. Their singer has been leading their direction since 2005. All his solo output has been EERILY similar to a more extremist version of their sound. He's leading them.

When a single member's solo project is pretty much the direction a band is heading in I generally assume they're the reason for the band going in that direction in the first place.

"Hey guys, listen to this awesome ____ band I just found, let's write something like that!"

"Sure, okay, we're all chill, good to try new things."

And then dictatorship begins.

Please refer to: Sepultura/Soulfly.

Clearly you haven't been following Korn. Their singer has been leading their direction since 2005. All his solo output has been EERILY similar to a more extremist version of their sound. He's leading them.

When a single member's solo project is pretty much the direction a band is heading in I generally assume they're the reason for the band going in that direction in the first place.

"Hey guys, listen to this awesome ____ band I just found, let's write something like that!"

"Sure, okay, we're all chill, good to try new things."

And then dictatorship begins.

Please refer to: Sepultura/Soulfly.

What has Korn to do with any of this? If he's turned to lead the band, fine, but Satoshi hasn't as far as I'm aware. Shuu is the actual leader, and always takes word. Ryo is the one with the most input on music (and it's him who's crazy about all the electro, and yes, the nu metal sound)

Satoshi's vocals have been getting better through the years and while he's really great live, they've just pulled the production way too flat on their stuff before the singles and the latest one. There's no dynamics. No energy. Whether or not that was Giru's intention, or a twist put on it by their label, I don't think we can say a lot on that.

Giru has always said they'll make the music they'll want to make, and will keep on going. For any of us to yell at them, saying they have to go back to an older sound, that's just ridiculous. Yes, I have always liked them, and I like them even now. (Go was a disaster though, I admit) But bands evolve or bands change.

If anything, look at the bands they've been hanging around for the past year. Do you see any VK inbetween? Coldrain, MFS, OOR, SiM, and the whole lot. Isn't it

fairly clear their sound has shifted and their interests too?

To stay on topic: REDMAN seems interesting because all the members that are in the band with Satoshi are of a totally different scene as those the band is known to hang around in. I'm really curious for the single.