Sign in to follow this  
Tony

The Birthday Massacre

TheBirthdayMassacreband.jpg

One of my favorite bands ever probably. If you like synths, pop and a bit of rock/industrial, this band is for you.

Anyone else a fan of theirs?

If anyone is interested, I can up a sample song.

I'm going to up a sample song now, I think a lot of j-rock fans would like this band. :)

I REALLY liked the song Blue!!! That's about all that I ever got to hear from them. Other than that, nothing. Judging from that song, I can say they were pretty good.

I'm going to download that mp3 you provided and check it out, hope you don't mind! Thank you! I'm interested to know what they sound like now.

Blue is awesome, one of my favorites from them. That's probably one of their heavier songs, you might like "Red Stars" too off their new album, similar to Blue. :D

I updated on the old TW that they have a new album "Pins and Needles" coming out in September. Today they put up samples of 3 songs on their myspace, vampirefreaks and facebook pages. All the samples sound EPIC. The album has a heavier feel to the other two, which I think a lot of fans of songs like 'Blue' and 'Red Stars' will like.

one of the best live bands I've seen =)

they made me feel involved in the whole concert and produced a great atmosphere!

overall a great band to listen at!

I can't wait for this release. I haven't listened to the previews yet, but if it's similar to Red Stars, I'll definitely like it.

^ That's a pretty good song.

I should check out the rest of the album one of these days.

New album is awesome. :D

At first I didn't like a lot of the songs, I felt they made a singles album with a few standout tracks only. But the more you listen the more you feel that album as a whole. Maybe its not as good as Violet and Walking with Strangers, but its another really strong release from the band.

And you can't overlook that there's a commercial shine on all the songs. Not that this is a bad thing, I think they deserve to be a more successful band. They shouldn't have to hide in the underground scene, cos they're too good for that.

Favourite songs - In the Dark, Control, Shallow Grave, Midnight, Pins and Needles and Sleepwalking.

Yeah I didn't like Pins and Needles right away. Which was weird since I loved all their early work on the first listen. It took a few listens, but I have grown to love it. There's definitely a better sound production, and a lot more heavier songs than on any other album they have ever done. Awesome for headbanging.

I liked that their underground but the downside of that is they're music may not be as appreciated by as many people. Also, it's a bitch to find their albums in actual stores. I can only get my hands on their stuff by ordering it online, and even then it's a bit more expensive than your average Cd.

Worth it though.

They don't sell TBM CDs in Australia (only in expensive import stores), I was overseas when it came out, thinking in Europe of all places it would be easy to find their stuff. Much harder than I thought.. ended up tracking it down in a record store in Rome. Really surprised their stuff is not well-distributed. Even when they came here in '08 they said they were gonna get a deal for aussie distribution but it never happened.

A friend sent me some songs from Walking with Strangers and Violet and I was hooked immediately. I love the sound of electronica and guitars (Thanks to Razed in Black) so they were like a dream come true for me. My favorite songs are Weekend, To Die For, Goodnight and Over.

^ You should get the full albums if you can. Also try out their first, Nothing and Nowhere. It has one my all time fav songs by them, Promise Me.

They have a new EP coming out on August 9, "Imaginary Monsters"

gallery_2_18_618.jpg

Tracklist:

"Forever"

"Burn Away"

"Left Behind"

"Pale" [Kevvy Mental & Dave Ogilvie 'Rubber Unicorn' Mix]

"Control" [Tweaker Mix]

"Shallow Grave" [Combichrist 'Good For Her' Mix]

"Pins and Needles" [sKOLD Mix]

"Shallow Grave" [Assemblage 23 Mix]

"In the Dark" [Music Video]

Getting a big 'ol "Nothing & Nowhere" vibe from that cover. The EP is described as "Dark, personal, and atmospheric", "finds the band at its creative apex", and "builds on its compelling blend of gothic, rock and electronic music into a sound that is all their own"

Sign in to follow this