Sign in to follow this  
Tony

The Birthday Massacre

Their new EP looks awesome. I wish it was more than just 3 new songs and then a whole bunch of remixes. I liked all of their releases so far, so I'm still looking forward to this.

have some nice songs but after awhile all their music sounds the same. I'll have to check out the new album though, getting praise here.

Previews:

h5WZbAFwtcE

N&N sound is back! Even the remixes sound like their best yet. CANNOT WAIT

I still hate everyone who can see them and dir en grey together. That's like.. my dream concert.

They're playing together? That's nice!

That "In the Dark" clip is really cool. I like the whole doll concept!

Too bad the music isn't really cutting for me. I like the instrumentals, but the singer is just too calm for that kind of song. Maybe it just needs some time to grow on you, hmm.

EP has leaked.

"Forever" and "Burn Away" are amazing. I'm enjoying "Left Behind" too, very reminiscent of their earlier stuff. The remixes are a bit of a let down though, only a few there I like.

^ Yeah, 'Forever' and 'Burn Away' are my favourites off the new EP, definitely - particularly Forever.

TBM are incredible. They're one of those amazing bands, where I like pretty much every single song they've released, and have a whole bunch of favourites, but really can't choose just one! It's like, you decide THIS IS MY FAVOURITE, then you listen to a different track again, and you're like FUCK NO, THIS IS MY FAVOURITE!! xD I guess which ones out of your favourites you listen to more, varies from day to day. I think 'To Die For' in particular out of all their songs, really portrays the soundscape they're trying to create, and evokes the right emotions they'd probably hope to evoke. For that reason that's definitely one of my 'highest' ranking favourites.

That said, I haven't listened to Pins and Needles yet. I am going to listen to that album in a bit... I'll edit this with what I think. I haven't ever listened as my girlfriend says she hated it upon first listen and only likes 'Pale'. Apparently it was just a bit 'blah' and they weren't creating the beautiful soundscapes they usually do. My girlfriend has been a big fan of them for about 7 years, and we mostly share the same favourite songs, so I guess I respected her judgment in that respect! We'll see!

Edit: Okay, I have given it two listens now. It's definitely not up to par with thier older stuff. I dislike that it's more guitar led. However, I think the album itself is alright, just definitely doesn't create the beautiful soundscape. 'Two Hearts' was probably the worst track for me, and 'Pins and Needles' too, though I don't mind that track as much. Pale and Secret are pretty good though! Not my favourite album, but not too bad - just prefer the synth-led beautiful music.

I like Pins & Needles, but I prefer their synth-led sound to the guitar-led one. They had been hinting at this sound their whole career though - each album got progressively heavier - I think they had to get it out of their system. And they have. And now they've gone back to more synthy stuff as we've seen in the last EP. Hope the next album follows this trend.

I can easily choose my favourite TBM song - Happy Birthday. The first song of theirs I heard. Its absolutely amazing in almost every way and I doubt they will ever top it.

Saw them for the first time open for diru. They were great. Kinda disappointed they only played for like 40-45 minutes. I’m glad they performed Burn Away, Blue and Always.

I would really recommend checking them out Blackball.

I saw them live when they opened for Diru and it was awesome. I just wished that they could have played longer. They really got the crowd going and it made the whole night even better.

For the few TBM fans here, check it.

Out October 9th 2012

Hide_and_Seek_album_cover.jpg

1.Leaving Tonight

2.Down

3.Play With Fire

4.Need

5.Calling

6.Alibis

7.One Promise

8.In This Moment

9.Cover My Eyes

10.The Long Way Home

Listen to sample songs here: http://www.metropolis-mailorder.com/product.php?prodnum=MET+830

List of dates for their upcoming North American Tour: https://www.facebook.com/TheBirthdayMassacre/app_155718611218512

Super excited for the new album and tour.

Has anyone heard the album? If so, what did you think of it?

The Birthday Massacre is my favorite band and I think they really topped themselves again with this release. Very captivating and beautiful start to finish. I though it balanced their fun poppy side with their otherworldly and ethereal side pretty well. A very dark album thematically, for sure. Favorite song overall is definitely "Play With Fire".

Sign in to follow this