Sign in to follow this  
Des

MUCC - Falling Down

The title song is shit. I tried to get into it, but it fails on all levels. Butchered vocals, uninteresting instruments, lack of power and emotion. Shit.

That being said, 月??夜 (Tsukino yoru) is much better and a big relief. There are actually good vocals now, as I expect from Tatsurou. It's a nice slow song with a relaxing atmosphere. My favorite on the single.

About ?? (Hotaru): the vocals are not very impressive throughout the song but still a lot better than in Falling Down. The instruments are great throughout the song. It may be a little bit too fast paced IMO (especially the chorus is too fast), but it's good.

約?? (Yakusoku) Warehouse Flavored Mix is a bad remix. The piano is nice sometimes but it's still not in any way better than the original. Kind of a useless song but that doesn't bother me much: 99 out of 100 new mixes are worse than the original anyway. So I expected this.

MUCC gets away with this because of the two good songs, as opposed to the title song and the bad remix.

i can't help to not to think the resemblance the way he sang falling down in the beginning with 'la la la love is dead' by Hizumi. But overall, is an alright release. Not as horrible as the preview sounds. But i have never able to bear MUCC style of pop, from FLIGHT to the last one, Freesia. And this is just weird, since i am really into electro pop. There just something with them that doesn't have the knack for doing electro to me.

Though, Falling down may be the best single they have released for the upcoming album, i think. I enjoyed this one pretty much better than Freesia.

The B and C sides are not too special either.

Nothing stand out, it's a very tame release.

Yes! It reminded me of D'espairsRay's Love is Dead song too. But in a bad way.

Even though I liked some songs from their latest singles, they should drop this style and go back to hard rock and stuff like they did before.

This piece of crap doesn't deserve a review,

all copies should be burnt, i mean what the fuck

happened to them, i love mucc to death but this

is not the mucc i fell in love with. Sorry for the rant.

*Burns cd* fire.gif

FALLING DOWN - not unenjoyable, but not a song I'm ever going to listen to on purpose, especially when I can just listen to OZ instead. it's regurgitated!!

HOTARU - good enough! the verses are iffy, but the chorus makes up for it.

TSUKI NO YORU - I really do like it, but it feels like it doesn't really go anywhere :'(

OVERALL - still pretty weak, not sure if it's any better or worse than the last two singles, guys please give me a good album I'm begging you

Falling down is awesome, great intro. But i must say it gets a little slow when it comes to the refrain and all but anyways, new FUZZ for sure. The other songs are a bit boring, i usaly enjoy MUCC ballads but Tsukino yoru is just boring to me, i prefer Freesia over it. I like Hotarus jazz feel but other than that...meh.

Yakusoku Warehouse Flavored Mix is enjoyable and better than the original.

Okey new single, awesome title track, the rest not as strong.

I can understand why some don't like it though, since it does sound like Kuchiki no tou , wich everyone seem to be obsessed about when it comes to MUCC.

Great single by MUCC, blew me out of the water totally. I got into them recently, and I prefer their newer songs, but the older ones are also great...

Falling Down - Is it poppish? Yeah. Is it addictive? Hell yeah! Pretty catchy rythm, can't stop listening to it. 9/10

月??夜 - Beautiful, but not their best ballad. Still good though. 7.5/10

?? - Awesome song, liked it a lot. 8.5/10

Falling down - Horiffic. The sirens are the worst bit, but there's nothing good about a shit hybrid of Fuzz and Flight.

月??夜 - Reminds me greatly of cali≠gari's 真空回廊, but a poor imitation.

?? - the worst thing they've done in years. Which is saying a lot. Utter mess - the upatone at the end just compounds it.

約?? Warehouse Flavored Mix - ...Are you kidding me. They've transformed a bad ballad into a poor attempt at Europop circa 1993.

This aint the opinion of someone who thinks everything after 6 is garbage, like most haters of new Mucc seem to be - their Gokusai and Shion era sound is their best imo, but this is just trash. Worst single of the year.

I tried to keep an open mind, but this is a hot mess. Just badly written music.

I agree with littlelamb. I stopped listening to MUCC after KYUUTAI, which has been the only release by them I really liked (yes despite the autotune), but after that their releases have been pretty disappointing to me. This single is just plain boring and a big mess...

Falling down - "not unenjoyable, but not a song I'm ever going to listen to on purpose" like wrote mopkins and live version is much moore better... I hope this version will be on the album.

Tsuki no yoru - boring, but better then Isola.

Hotaru - This is the best song from the release imo

Yakusoku - I think it's pointless write something about this. I don't like remixes generally, so...

I'm very curious about new album "Karma"

No album by them ever dissapointed me..

I like at least two song from every album they released. And since Kuchiki no tou it's was better and better.

Sign in to follow this