Sign in to follow this  
Des

the GazettE - RED

I listened it a few times and the most amazing song from the single is the title track. It's the only one I really like and it gave me a little hope that Gazetto would do something really nice in some time. The other two are for me to monotonos'n'pop - too soft, I was just bored with this. Generally speaking, isn't that bad as I though. 6/10

Am I the only one who thought about Lady Gaga when I saw the single covers?....anyway...

RED- To me it sounds like a better version of Shiver. I enjoyed this song a lot better, but that's not saying much as I found shiver AND this song to both be less inspiring. Shiver had an excuse...it was an anime opening lol....RED doesn't! I will say this is the catchiest song on the single though. 2.5/5

Vermin- I like this song. Throwback definitely. I don't like Ruki's singing too much in this song and the chorus doesn't do it for me at all. So first half of the song = fun, then I get sick of it as the 1st chorus. 3/5

AN UNBEARABLE FACT - Like the intro and the solo and that's all I really remember of this song. Nothing inpressive. Nothing horrible. 3/5

Overall: 3/5. Uninspiring and down right boring at parts. A step up above the Shiver single, but not much. Having enjoyed Stacked Rubbish, I see this next album being a BAD version of that album. None of the singles that have come out after DIM have done anything to really pull my ear and make me fall head over heels in love with Gazette like I use to be. They are still very talented musicians and always put together a solid song (the songs don't just sound sling together. They are tight), but I think they need to bring a little more originality and thought to thier songs.

Red - This song affirms that GazettE is getting poppier for this era in their career. I don't see it as a bad thing but it is more boring than what they've done before. Especially after the amazing-ness that was DIM. The song makes me feel like it's Shiver Ver. 2.0. I really can't get into it. The lyrics are cliche, pretentious, and uninteresting (Let's sing about how I'm fuckin' this girl and don't love her and have the overused Red Thread as the overall theme) and I'm not digging what Ruki does with his vocals. Overall I feel that the song lacks soul and has no substance. It's still a pretty solid pop rock song if that's what you're into. Rating: .5/5

Vermin - Ruki's voice is annoying and keeps me from enjoying the music, but it's better than Red. Rating: .7/5

An Unbearable Fact - Reminds me of Naraku. Mostly just the guitars and the use of the piano. I'm so tired of Ruki's voice by this point in the single that I can't give it a good enough review or even listen to the song with complete attention until Ruki stops his boring vocals. The solo is probably the best part about the song. Rating: .9/5

Over all rating: .6/5

This uber-pop rock era needs to end soon. :| C'mon GazettE...

more pop today? :shock:

doesn't they have always been pretty pop since the beginning?

I think only NIL & DIM that can be called their roughest (hardest?) albums yet.

Maybe some of you missed some of their previous works?

Say, for instance, Dainihon Itangeishateki Noumiso Gyaku Kaiten Zekkyou Ongenshuu,

and some few others? To be fair they even did some ska back in the days. :devilwha:

RED - Didn't do much for me when I first heard it. It did grow on me after a while, but I don't like it as much as SHIVER. Still a very decent song, though a bit weak. 7.5/10

VERMIN - Yeah, this is better than RED. Not spectular, but it makes me want to jump up and down and destroy things (lol). Nice riffs, was a bit disappointed with the bass though, same goes for RED. 8/10

AN UNBEARABLE FACT - Agreed with the people who said this is a Naraku rip-off. Because it is. The same melody, the same piano in the background, same intro. Only thing that was different that Naraku was actually good and this is just plain horrible. It doesn't go anywhere, I have difficulties recognizing the chorus and Ruki's vocals sound horrible. 3/10

Overall rating: 7/10

VERMIN makes up for the horrible AN UNBEARABLE FACT, that's why I still give it a 7 and not a 6 or a 5. I preffered HESITATING MEANS DEATH though. It was an OK single, I hope for PLEDGE to be better.

Am I the only one who thought about Lady Gaga when I saw the single covers?....anyway...

RED- To me it sounds like a better version of Shiver. I enjoyed this song a lot better, but that's not saying much as I found shiver AND this song to both be less inspiring. Shiver had an excuse...it was an anime opening lol....RED doesn't! I will say this is the catchiest song on the single though. 2.5/5

Vermin- I like this song. Throwback definitely. I don't like Ruki's singing too much in this song and the chorus doesn't do it for me at all. So first half of the song = fun, then I get sick of it as the 1st chorus. 3/5

AN UNBEARABLE FACT - Like the intro and the solo and that's all I really remember of this song. Nothing inpressive. Nothing horrible. 3/5

Overall: 3/5. Uninspiring and down right boring at parts. A step up above the Shiver single, but not much. Having enjoyed Stacked Rubbish, I see this next album being a BAD version of that album. None of the singles that have come out after DIM have done anything to really pull my ear and make me fall head over heels in love with Gazette like I use to be. They are still very talented musicians and always put together a solid song (the songs don't just sound sling together. They are tight), but I think they need to bring a little more originality and thought to thier songs.

Lol yeah. It did make me think of Lady GaGa XDD

Ruki said something about trying to go back to their roots :o

I sensed that in RED alot and hopefully with PLEDGE we will get alot more of their "old" selves.

I just really care about the DOME performance though...they are bringin back some classics :)

What a shit single. It's like they don't even bother any more.

AN UNBEARABLE FACT did a few things vaguely interesting but Ruki's vocals dragged the whole thing down. Vermin was entirely repetitive and uninspired. And RED is the blandest 3 minute ear rape you could ask for.

I think Gazette need to take a year or so away from the music scene and find some new inspiration.

lol. PS Company wouldn't allow that. I love PS Company for doing what they do for your career, but man do they drive their artists to just keep pumping more and more songs out there. It's like they have in the contract you have to release a good 10-15 things within one year. The only exception to this like Kagrra, and Kra. But now I'm ranting so I'll stop...lol

What a shit single. It's like they don't even bother any more.

AN UNBEARABLE FACT did a few things vaguely interesting but Ruki's vocals dragged the whole thing down. Vermin was entirely repetitive and uninspired. And RED is the blandest 3 minute ear rape you could ask for.

I think Gazette need to take a year or so away from the music scene and find some new inspiration.

I agree with this, though all the fan girls would go insane.

They should do more than just taking a break. Kick out Ruki, Uruha and Reita or disband. Yes, that's it!

You know what they should do? Start making songs like Agony and Burial Applicant again! Yeah. Weren't those songs awesome? How many notes those songs had, like three? Oh man, that must have been hard. They souldn't do songs like Red, it requires just way too much talent for these guys. That solo had like an album full of Burial Applicants. What a waste.

Hey now I know! They should do awesome masterpieces like Bathory's Satan My Master. That song is so epic in all of it's two complicated riffs!

You know what they should do? Start making songs like Agony and Burial Applicant again! Yeah. Weren't those songs awesome? How many notes those songs had, like three? Oh man, that must have been hard. They souldn't do songs like Red, it requires just way too much talent for these guys. That solo had like an album full of Burial Applicants. What a waste.

Hey now I know! They should do awesome masterpieces like Bathory's Satan My Master. That song is so epic in all of it's two complicated riffs!

Take a bow bakteeri, because that was beautiful :')

Sign in to follow this