nitta

DEAD END Tribute -SONG OF LUNATICS-

I think tribute albums can fall into two categories, ones that try to faithfully reproduce the songs they are being covered and ones that try to actually put their own spin on a song. This album was mostly the former with the exception of the tracks written primarily by one person or band (Kiyoharu, Cali Gari and Boris). It was largely a cut-and-paste affair by the producer where the artists involved got to add their own flair but for the most part had to stay within the lines of what the original song was. You could almost feel like the musicians, while amazingly talented and varied in their own right across the Jrock / Vkei spectrum, weren't even in the same room together when recording these songs and just individually came in and recorded their parts. Maybe I'm wrong about this but considering the lineup, I'm a bit doubtful these sessions had everyone in the room at the same time.

Totally agreeing with you.

Also, about artists quitting on a high note.
I don't think artists should quit as long as they can continue.
Morrie is still a great vocalist, compare him to toshi nowadays, his work with Creature Creature is beyond amazing. (better than DEAD END in my opinion)

Instead of having a decent review thread, we are left to cope with degbox troll's views on how bad are "ojiisans" nowadays? Geez.

Either way, the release itself was okay - Aki's cover was kind of funny, considering that heavy metal guitars and his vocals don't really go well :D but SERAFINE, Blind Boy project, The Godsend and I Can Hear the Rain were quite cool.

We have a very good tribute album for a long time, finally :)

Guest Magatsu

^ for real. can you let it rest, we know your point already. we know your opinion. let it rest man.

People, please get back on topic. If you want to review the CD and have a legitimate discussion on it, fine. But this bickering bullshit ends now. 

uomth, if you can't deal with other people having different opinions than yours, then you can kindly stop posting. That is the first and last warning you get in this thread.