Zeus

"Inspiration" - where does music find it?

Something that might have influenced pop-Kuroyume vastly back in the days:

(music video imagery-wise)

Madonna - Rain (1993) (follow the intro scenes closely)

Kuroyume - Ice My Life (1994) (1:45- onwards, scattered throughout)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpBqnbSobJ0

Kiyoharu's mic scenes are almost identical to Madonna's mic scenes in "Rain" (even the mic/scene change/posing is completely same)

I am not sure if Madonna really ~pioneered~ with this kind of "mic scene" thing, but I hope pop enthusiasts here will enlighten me with more info about this one.

aikaryu - dragon?

deathgaze kinda copyed that riff with Bleed Tears

DEZERT -  切断

sounds like nega neo destruction at parts

MEJIBRAY - Fell to the HEAVEN opening

sounds like reload - hybrid opening

DILIAL - BLACK CORE

sounds like Sadie - Meisai in the instrumental at parts

deathgaze - reborn

sounds like mucc - Bouzenjishitsu

then XodiacK - Holocaust

does it and then DEZERT - Futoumei Ningen too

GALEYD - precious heart

sounds like The Cold Existence - Madness

diaura - master fast part

sounds like GRANRODEO - ROSE HIP-BULLET fast part

mejibray - sabato too

So, in case no one noticed, certain DEG song/interlude might be pretty much the only "vk" song with more than one sample...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjww19nGiGA

is basically (I took members' geeky (read old interviews, folks) interests into account here - consider those to be "possible half-facts" , if you wish)

a) Beats are pretty much Rob Dougan's Clubbed to Death (but in much faster tempo, slow down Shinsou's beat a bit) and some "Amen Breaks" (youtube that,one of the most sampled hiphop beats ever) near the end

b )  That "weird sound" played throughout the song is the slowed down version of beam sounds off some old Atari game

c) It's highly speculated (at least old DEG shrine archives/Japanese wiki say so) that Kyo is the one who does "low-pitched spoken word" stuff here. But I bet they snippeted it off some other techno/OST-themed song as well...

DILIAL - BLACK CORE

sounds like Sadie - Meisai in the instrumental at parts

I definitely hear Meisai and Crimson Tear in that DILIAL song, especially the chorus that starts around 1:09.

When I heard that song from DILIAL when it first came out forever ago I knew it was from something but I just couldn't figure it out LOL

I just noticed but the main riff of BUCK-TICK's song Hosoi sen (from 1995)...

--starting around 1:05--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkm58I6c5X0

...sounds kinda similar to the main riff of Ministry's Stigmata (from 1988).

--starting around 0:34--

I guess it's not a coincidence cuz Hidehiko (who wrote the B-T song) is known to love Ministry and other industrial or industrial-rock stuff.

I thought it was kinda funny when I recognized girugamesh's "Limit Break" has a small riff that sounds like the classic Power Rangers Theme (@0:30)

(@1:04)

And also

While listening to ROTTENGRAFFTY's new album, I noticed their song "ill-usion" has the exact same riff as UVERworld's "SPARTA" (@1:27)

http://youtu.be/P2QBY-MKb7k

(@0:02)

http://youtu.be/QuQl3PhYLkI

This isn't visual kei, nor rock particularly, I just found this to be rather amusing.

Listen to the the riff that starts at 1:07 of Masami Tsuchiya's song KAFKA (released in 1982)...

...and tell me if it didn't remind you a bit of The White Stripes' Seven Nation Army (from 2003).

Guys, this is like our whole thread in one video!

My only problems with the video are as follows:

1. It's hard to tell which was the original and which was the "rip off" since the creator made the order switch whenever, really.

2. There's a difference between copying and pasting a section and drawing influence from. Most of the examples here are just small phrases that aren't enough to really warrant getting upset about.

3. Also they left out like 4 songs influenced from the slower Kuroyume song, like Mazohyst boringdence and one song by Vidoll which escapes me at the moment. 

Apparently that one Diru Song was use a whole lot and wasn't even from the originally?

Props 2 Revenant Choir for breathing life into X's dead career.

^I think "Yokan"' bridge is basically one of those typical/"necessary" pop hooks used for decades in Japanese music:

for instance, this video showcases some of " most typical melodies (parts of melody)" for Japanese pop(-ish) music.

(my example: apply the first melody to Shazna's "Tokyo Ballet Reprise" (which might be an open cover...?))

You could apply some of those to western pop music as well )))

Update: I checked Embryo- single's scans - and I didn't see any credits for the original writers of that remix melody (yet still, most Japanese listeners acknowledge the source already), shame on you DEG!

Guys, this is like our whole thread in one video!

That was pretty hilarious, specifically the random pictures they chose for some songs.

I'm guessing that some examples were a bit tongue-in-cheek, like the one with the alarm signal... or sourcing the "Für Elise"-part in Malice Mizer's "Baroque" to some random anime theme rather than Ludwig van Beethoven. At least I hope they weren't seriously suggesting that either of them was the original. XD

Good call about the N.p.s N.g.s - 神歌 comparison though. It never really occured to me, but hearing it next to each other makes it sound a lot more obvious.

It's debatable how comparing Neo-VK bands like Diaura and Mejibray will reveal any "copying". Besides the fact that they probably share their ghost writers, the newer VK sounds so extremely unvaried to begin with, it's not difficult to "find" similarities if you want to find them.

This isn't vk nor rock either but I felt like posting this:

- Silent Hill Homecoming - Wintery Mist (Akira Yamaoka) (2008)

- Spyro 2 - Winter Tundra (Stewart Copeland) (1999)

And now, for the mix of those two! Decide for yourselves...

The thing is, that by playing a lil bit with Audacity, you will find out that "Wintery Mist" is just a slowed down version of "Winter Tundra" with lower pitch.